Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hi thread ive been reading you while i was unjustly imprisoned in catjail and also i started playing fightgames with my immense amounts of downtime once i couldnt post. specifically i started with guilty gear xrd rev 2, and its good. i like it. i like to hit the buttons and make faust/chip do things.

under night is on sale for 7.50 on steam, is it worth snagging it even tho its not unist which everyone insists is way better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
what layouts are you guys who play BBxTag using on your sticks?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

b_d posted:

I’ve been using
ABC
D_P
but I haven’t played a hell of a lot

I might give this a shot, right now I'm using

BCP
A_D

Which is better than the default but I feel like I'm hitting c too much

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Spanish Manlove posted:

What team are you running?

But yeah c is a button you don't want to spam

Probably Chie + Someone, I was just playing story mode for a few minutes to try and fighre out what layout I wanted

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
just put a 2lb spring in my stick, it feels way more solid and deliberate than it did before

did have a moment of terror where i forgot to hold the actuator down when i removed the clip and it launched itself into the air, but it happened to land in the tupperware thing i was keeping screws in while i worked

i think i'm going to order a phreakmods link this week, its the only mod i want to make but havent yet, and about as much as im willing to put into a basic rear end mayflash starter

edit also figuring out a layout for five button fighters is dumb, for all of street fighter's flaws at least its an obvious layout

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Apparently tournaments let a lot of that poo poo slide so i'm not surprised scumbags keep doing it. In the replies someone describes a dude who just straight up reported the wrong result in a pool game "because he felt he was really better and deserved to move on" and after he got found out instead of getting DQ'd they just let him continue in losers because he was a regular. I'd be shocked if he doesn't try that again sooner than later.

loving what

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Shiki Dan posted:

That's one of the reasons why most majors require the winner of the match to report the result.

Which doesn't do anything to actually ensure it happening, magic requires you to fill out a sheet and both sign it which at least makes sure you're both okay with what's being reported

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kongming posted:

BBtag also had 194 entrants which is more than some of the main stage games got including Guilty Gear.

Kill smash players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
hey yall hardware questoin: im looking to replace my sanwa stick and buttons with seimitsus

can i just repalce the microswitches in the buttons and keep the actual button part intact? or will the two brands be different sizes?