Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I’m shocked that they still haven’t ported MvC 2 to new consoles yet that’s loving bullshit I want to take my switch for a ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

hey guys, Capcom is doing a big sale on their games on the nintendo e-shop and I'm thinking of getting the 'street fighter 30th anniversary collection' so I can play some dang fighting games on the go.

Is it a good collection? worth the purchase(it's on sale for $15 dollars) ? does it handle online well? is it good emulation? is the online decently populated or deserted?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Decided to just buy the SF 30th anniversary collection, at 15 dollars it's a really good deal for such a good collection of some of my favorite fighters and having street fighter for social occasions is good thing, I have a pro controller so gameplay should be fine.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Played a few matches online for SF 30th anniversary, strangely Super street fighter 2 turbo is more active than others, but overall the online experience is working good and I'm happy with this collection!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

If capcom shows off their next versus game and it’s not a stylized also most guilty gear-ish stylistic Hyper fighter they might as well cancel it, half the reason why Infinite failed was because of the bland look.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Japanese companies rule, they just take one look at every innovation and improvement to the internet and online gaming and just go “no” to everything even if it benefits them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Lol imagine if the Virtua fighter announcement turns out to be nothing I’d get a heart attack on the spot.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Is Sega really about to Blueball us and not tell us anything about the new virtua fighter project during TGS?!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hey guys I might be getting an arcade stick soon and getting some KOF 2002 and other fighting games in, possibly guilty gear strive when it’s out, is there a good FGV discord for fighting games so I can find other people and play with them?

Thanks

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

MechaX posted:

To be honest going to individual subreddits for discord links for specific games might be the way to go for this kind of thing. Unlike somewhere like r/kappa, a lot of those channels do run games a fair amount even for games with less traffic and popularity

ok I'll check it out thanks

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

God loving dammit you had my hopes up for the actual Capcom vs SNK this is for the Neo Geo pocket lol it’s not even cardfighters clash who cares

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I am unbelievably hyped for Guilty gear and Kof 15 you guys, cant wait to get an arcade stick soon to really get into them.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

So how is Giovanna now that people have been trying her for a few days? Maximillian Dood seems to be really enjoying her so I'm getting the impression that her move list is very basic but her mechanics and dynamics is really great, I might make her my main once us disgusting PC players get the game.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

holy poo poo she looks rad as gently caress the glasses add so much

short haired ladies rule so much

big hat ladies rule too

2021 is great for me and you

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 21, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

lol if only Samsho was playable online then I'd be excited for DLC.

although I'm still happy that samsho is well supported.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Sesq posted:

It's gotta be Axl, right?

Lol imagine picking anyone other than Baiken or Anji mito

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy poo poo Kyo, Iori and Chiziro are all on the same team?!? that's crazy!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I gotta say I really like how KOF is really 'shattering our expectations' so far with their teams being completely remixed.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I-no looks rad as gently caress

confirmed my mains will be the following:-

Giovanna

Anji Mito

I-No

so looking forward to this game.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

with the major games getting rollback maybe now I can be a proud fighting game fan in public without being pelted by potatos from the LoL or Fortnite peasants lol :unsmith:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

hahaha Juri won both #1 and #2 on the SFV costume poll so they just put them both in

sadly both of those costumes in the competition were really garbage lol

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Ordered an 8bitDo arcade stick, super looking forward to finally playing fighting games like a boss. Guilty gear strive here we goooooo :black101:

any advice for a first-time arcade stick player? I used to always play fighting games with a joypad so playing with an arcade stick at home as my main fighting game apparatus will be new to me.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Mar 26, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Oh and one more question, do Sanwa buttons really make that much of a difference? I bought the 8bitdo arcade stick, I figure since the stick got good review and stuff that it should be good enough but people online are talking about how sanwa buttons are the best and should be modded into whatever stick you buy, is that true?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

With DoA gone I guess Virtua FIghter is well and truly dead and we dont even get the consolation of DoA and it's 3000$ DLC costumes.

RIP to the game that introduced the world to the wonders of 3D boob physics.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

???

sega announced vf was coming back last year bro

No they didn’t lol

A video of Akira with his back to us and the word ‘esports’ plastered on screen means literally nothing loolll

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

i don't know what you're talking about, other people in the industry are so sure it's coming back that harada is asking am2 representatives to go to fighting game roundtables

Until I see a trailer with the words ‘virtua fighter 6’ on it then as far as I’m concerned it doesn’t exist.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

King rules

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Wooooowww a ten year old game on an outgoing console generation thanks sega

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Shermie has turned from a character I was meh about to an absolute member of my team, she looks awesome.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

holy poo poo you guys, I just got my arcade stick in the mail... it's.. it's incredible.. what have I been doing with my life, playing games with an arcade stick RULES.

One thing I'm surprised by is a little bit it feels more difficult to pull off a regular hadouken than I though it would, I think it's purely the issue that I'm not used to the stick yet so I'm not yet familiar with how to finesse the stick properly to do quarter-circle motions.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Finally got the hang of doing Hadoukens and Shoryukens consistently with and arcade stick, guess I'm ready for EVO now :c00lbert:

Now if I can just figure out how to prevent myself from jumping, either I'm heavy handed or this stick is super sensitive.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Why did none of you warn me that buying an arcade stick is a gateway drug a big videogame sale happened and I went from having one or two fighting games to having nine for a decent price.

I am now fully in the ‘doing lines and shooting it in my veins’ stage of being a fighting game clod.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 30, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Artelier posted:

What games did you get and what sale is it? Embrace it, YOU CLOD

Steam:-

Golden week sale

Tekken 7 ultimate edition
Soul calibur 6

GoG:-

SNK sale

KoF 13 galaxy edition
Samsho 2
Samsho 5
Fatal fury special
Real bout fatal fury 2
Garou mark of the wolves

I already own street fighter 5, SF 30th collection and KoF 98/02.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

Welcome to the party pal, I hope you get vaccinated and can start going to locals this summer and play even more FGs

Thanks

I’m 100% gonna be practicing to go pro at GG strive lol unfortunately I live somewhere with no locals so netcode is a must, GG strive is a godsend and was the reason I got a fight stick in the first place since it’s the first fighting game I actually can play online.

Got my vaccine, government delayed second dose loooll

Man I wish they would port Capcom VS SNK nd MVC 2 I loved those games as a kid ah well T least the Garou mark of the wolves I got is a good port.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Holy poo poo tekken 7 rules you guys.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hey guys I need help I started playing Tekken 7 and some rear end in a top hat is constantly doing roundhouse kick combos at me with Kazuya and I need help to counter that poo poo. How do I counter Kazuya's roundhouse kick.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 1, 2021

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Nazzadan posted:

In general if you're gonna blind ss a Mishima you're better off going left, ya.

Edit: Wait by "roundhouse" OP might mean his dumb tatsu where he jumps up with a spinning kick and then goes into a launching hellsweep, if that's the move that was meant you can block the low even if the jumping kick hits you and you get a free big launcher.

Yeah that’s the one his dumb tatsu, it was super annoying thanks for the advice everyone will practice tonight!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Maybe Capcom should be more like Nintendo and actively view all of their fighting game community as criminals until proven otherwise. (the joke is that they were in fact criminals and Nintendo was kinda vindicated by never embracing their FGC lol)

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Endorph posted:

im begging people to stop using the rape of children to justify taking random snipes at a video game they dont like. its utterly disgusting.

also literally the biggest fgc event was run by a pedophile lol so nobody in this thread has room to talk either

I'm not taking snipes at a videogame I love smash and melee to bits I was just making a dark joke sorry.

I love smash so much I play it with a brand new arcade stick!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

I loving HATE TEKKEN 7: a rant by a butthurt scrub

Why does this game have like a million trillion combos and stance changes and positional stuff to learn when all of those require time and positioning an actual match with real people will never allow you?

so I'm going through the roster trying to find a character I like to play, so for example I'm trying Lei Wulong and King, the thing is with Wei is that he has 5 stances each one gives an interesting different mixup so I'm like 'hey this is interesting and fun', I go through practice mode, learn a bunch of moves, and give in a whirl online.

oh hey, guess what, no actual person you play with online is ever gonna give you enough time to actually change stances, and even if you knock them down and try to do any stances they will recover too quickly for you to actually pull it off, the same thing is happening with King, where I'm starting to realize that simply mashing the same bread and butters and normal attacks over and over and using the four basic specials gets me much further than putting in the time and effort it takes to learn how to mixup Wei's Drunken stance into a viper strike mixup. or Kings grabby combos.

I guess I'm just mad because the game isnt rewarding me for bothering to learn anything and just basic attacking and blocking will get me much further. and anyone playing with any decently fast character will cream me if I ever try anything more fancy than the basic four RT specials.

gently caress. Anyways I'll keep playing and see what works, but gently caress me am I tired of playing geese and akuma and spamming Hadoukens and Reppukens.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 14, 2021