Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
That's a good OP.

This should also be on page 1 too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn8TVgtNwP0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJtzA8deLcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mWlAaH6DCc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzF5hMFLrMM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMgoCbHDHTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=he0tuVgHJZg

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey last blade 2 on vita is dope, just wanted to say that

also i got my cabinet in

please excuse my poo poo decal placement and messy garage

Freakin' sick dude

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

NRS games are janky as poo poo and they feel like flailing ragdolls. Like goddamn they look and feel so bad

Since its inception, Mortal Kombat as a series has felt like a fighting game designed by people who have never seen or played a fighting game before

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

No that's Killer Instinct

Yeah, whoever said that was talking about KI, not MK.

But at least KI plays like an actual fighting game, albeit an extremely ugly one. Like, KI has actual hitstun and uses 2D hitboxes. MK... doesn't. It looks like people flailing around and is hard to read moves visually.

Look, I understand that MK originally came from a time before the genre standards were set in stone, but the vast majority of 2D fighters use the basic mechanics of Street Fighter II as a base, and there's a reason for that.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

In that case I guess Smash Bros is Insane Clown Posse

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Actually, Smash is Kidz Bop

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I was gonna mention SFxT's gems but y'all beat me to it.

loving lol, by and large videogames today are terrible

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Black Mage Knight posted:

Hey, GG Revelator came out and that game owns. They know how to keep the goofy upgrade stuff seperate from the core experience.

Edit: I really hope that if equips are just a for fun thing the NRS community doesn't try to make it work in tournament play, because Smash 4 tried that and even stripped it down to just custom moves, and it still created too many issues in both a gameplay sense and in tournament organizing.

I should really just sit down and work on learning GG. Maybe Slayer, Jam or the girl in the kung fu robot man might be more up my alley as I guess they're a little more street fightery and less gimmicky. I think I kind of gravitate towards straightforward (i.e. boring) characters like Balrog for whatever reason. I've never been very big on style, I just like to smash things with a big blunt instrument. I like playing footsies or rushdown and filling the screen with projectiles and weirdo things like controlling a puppet or whatever just aren't my jam.

I've been told that because I kinda gravitate towards the basics, I should probably play Ky Kiske. And when I played it non-competitively, I generally played him. And I think he'd fit. But he's also Ryu and everyone plays Ky Kiske and he's about as whitebread as you get.

Is Slayer better in Revelator? Because I feel like Slayer has a playstyle that fits me better than most, AND he has a cool character design to boot, unlike Ky. I'm fine with doing links in combos (I play SF mainly after all), it's just stuff like Zato-1 & Eddie and Jack-O's tower defense poo poo that makes me go "whaaat?"

What also sucks is last time there was a local GG tourney... literally 3 people showed up to it. Not counting me and another friend who were there to play Alpha 2. :negative: So I guess I haven't really been given much incentive to learn it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Goddamn it. Of course it was Noel Brown.

Forget banning him form the Capcom Pro Tour, I wish him and Marn could be banished to the Phantom Zone for eternity

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Zand posted:

seconded. as the moral center of my own universe, I want to ban everyone from doing things they want to do when they do things I don't like

Dude, Noel Brown beat up his ex-girlfriend, beat up a guy in a leg brace and just grabbed some girl's rear end on stream. I hate self-righteous moral crusaders just as much as anyone else but there's really no defending Noel Brown.

I wasn't saying he should be banned from playing fighting games, I said he should be literally thrown into the Phantom Zone with General Zod and crew

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Electromax posted:

Usually the phrase "self-righteous moral crusaders" refers to the sort of crusading more extreme than "don't hit/choke people" and "don't harass or grope women". It's a video game hobby gathering, you'd think a place where you'd be comfortable with your significant other tagging along to cheer you on like a bball game or a speech at a conference, but you read these stories and get the impression that a woman can barely walk around the place alone without people following her. I imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle, but these are basic societal interactions we're talking about. Collectively these weirdos should be shunned and made examples of, not swept under the rug til next time.

e: yeah, ideal outcome would be Noel actually realizing he can grow into a better person. maybe this could start that process.

Yeah.

Basically the idea behind laws aren't really supposed to punish people, but to protect people. Granted, we all know it often doesn't work out that way and that's not how everyone sees it either, but that's how I see it. Noel Brown is a violent guy and people just tolerate it.

There was that whole thing with Aris on Cross Assault which was really inappropriate. I think that one sorta has a happy ending though because if I'm not mistaken, Aris did actually learn that his behavior wasn't acceptable and is a better person today.

By and large, women don't play fighting games. One thing that's great about the FGC is that it's way more ethnically diverse than other gamining communities, but at the same time, it's also a total sausage fest. And I don't think it's mainly because characters like R. Mika have boobs and butts. I think it's because of guys like Noel who like to grab boobs and butts.

"Gender politics" is like the stupidest, most toxic discussion on the Internet, but there really is some truth in the middle somewhere. And when you have a thing that is like 99% men, especially nerds who don't see women a lot and don't know how to behave, bad poo poo is going to happen and it's going to be more prevalent. And unless you want this community to stay a sausage fest forever, you gotta crack down on lovely behavior like Noel grabbing rear end.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

I have mixed feelings about women-only tournaments. I feel that in a way it results in even more cold feeling toward female players.

"Lol women are so bad that they need their own tournament! They can't hang with the men!"

I recall during the EVO Women-Only Tournament a few years ago (or at least I think it was EVO) a lot of people were saying that a women only tournament was necessary not due to them finding a safe space, but due to them literally being unable to compete with men due to women having a slower reaction time. Thus it is impossible for them to be competitive against men in a tournament.

Women have slower reaction times? Is that even true?

Endorph posted:

gently caress off

Man, why do I even post in these threads. I think I should stop doing that again

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

I have no idea. That was just the argument that was going around. Even then so if one would take the arguments at face value the reaction time "gap", that people were claiming to exist, would be like less than a millisecond. It wouldn't really affect anything.

Yeah, I doubt men and women have different reaction times. And even if they did, it wouldn't matter. Alex Valle, Tokido and Daigo are still among the best players in the world and they're pushing 40.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

Any opinions on what fighting are more accommodating for a) people new to fighting games and b)40 year old reflexes?

Also I just bought Injustice Ultimate for PS4 which is what made me ask the above question but after there any good site for guides on that game, old as it is?

A 40 year old guy with experience is going to beat the newbie with super fast reflexes 95% of the time. Youth and exuberance are no match for old age and treachery.

Well, unless you're Sonicfox.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

archeologists have uncovered evidence that capcom used to not be terrible

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

yeah, you're right, capcom did find a way to make me miss known badgame sf4

that's why they made sfv so bad, so people would be all like "man, you remember sf4?"

In the heyday of SF4, when people would poo poo on it but wax poetic about 3rd strike I would always say "you know, when SF5 comes out, people are going to fondly remembering the days of SF4 and wish we could go back to that."

Well guess what? I WAS RIGHT BITCHES! I was right. In 2009 I predicted the goddamn future. It feels good, man.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Finally, y'all realize the truth that 3s is the best street fighter

Pomp posted:

i would rather deal with focus attack and one frame link BnBs than any of sfvs problems.

eeeeeehhhhhhh one frame links I'm cool with but focus attacks and FADCs were a really, really terrible mechanic.

Veib posted:

3S Urien is so loving cool and it's going to be so sad when he comes to SFV as a completely different character.

Yeah... I'm really scared they're going to gently caress him up. Sounds like they already did that with Balrog.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

What did they do to Rog?

No headbutt, no 3f jab. V-skill is basically just TAP, even though he still has his old TAP by holding buttons.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Endorph posted:

if i had to choose between Zand and a SFV fan posting in this thread, id choose the SFV fan. quote this post if u agree

I think bhsman is ignorant but well meaning. Zand is just very rude

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

mycot posted:

IMO it's unfair that goons are singling out one innocuous poster rather than the goon who beats his son or whatever.

bhsman beats his son? ok I take it back, I will choose zand then

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Dias posted:

This is the correct line of thought, and as demonstrated by this thread, most fighting game players are even worse.

Overwatch is the best fighting game tho.

quoting for truth

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

anime was right posted:

windjammer clones count as fighting games right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV7Z--AFgMU

literally the best thing I've seen at e3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007