Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Can anybody explain the situation with getting a modern PS3 or 360 Arcade Stick to play on a Dreamcast lag-free?

We are all old MvC2 heads in Philly, we turned 30 and finally can afford to not play on the PS3 version with it's minor flaws.

I know where to get an old DC (EBay), I know I need a nice CRT, but what's up with the sticks?

Is there a cheap lag-free adapter for PS3 or XBOX360 TE Sticks -> DreamCast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Ivy's crouching triangle that flipped people out of the ring over her own head was the best.

My buddy was the best at baiting you to the edge and hitting with it.

Then he would tell "FLIP SAUNDERS" which I think is a football joke or something.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Tatsunoko is fun, best version of Megaman ever in a fighting game.

If nobody picks giants and didn't do their homework with Karas it's totally fine to play casual

I've always wanted to check out that discord where people play online.

We modded a Wii and imported TvC to scratch the itch before anyone knew that MvC3 would be a real thing

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

anime was right posted:

something something north carolina

Is there a NC FGC? Serious question moving there soon.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Charlotte and Greensboro have FGC groups that get good turn outs at weeklies and monthlies. There's an FGC group in Raleigh/Durham as well but they're a bit more reclusive at the moment. We tend to have folks come down from Virginia and up from SC/Georgia too. Most of these groups organize on Facebook primarily.

Thanks!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Smoking Crow posted:

Hokuto no Ken nations are starting

https://www.twitch.tv/gamenewton

what's with the SARS masks?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

So if I bought Skullgirls the first time it came out like everybody else can I just patch it in steam?

Do they want more money?

edit: To be more clear:

I have all five characters, and that other DLC already. The only one not already in my library is the "2nd encore" 14.99 DLC which advertises all the other DLC I already have.

I also have Endless Beta, can I just play that?

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Apr 15, 2017

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rutibex posted:

MvC 1 has the best music of any fighting game. It was always a sore spot for me that they hosed up the music so bad in MvC 2 :argh:

you take that back

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Meridian posted:

Yeah I was going to say, crazy command grabs with Slayer's movement would be awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCMzaM3p-g

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

In Training posted:

Me too but Im bad at using them properly

Yeah I always looked up and knew about poo poo like Ken's Parry OS with shoryuken etc. but then I load up the game and smash my buttons

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Divine Blob posted:

Hi, so I'm new to the whole fightstick thing. I'm planning on making GG XRD2 my first PC game and I'm planning on getting a stick for it too. Now that Madcatz is gone, is there a new best or should I just go with the Hori RAP4 for now and switch out the buttons at a later date?

(This isn't my first fighting game, I've played BlazBlue forever on my xbox but the community on it is kinda dead, and none of my friends play xbox fighters)

You can just plug in your Xbox360 stick

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Well, there goes me caring about ever buying or playing Marvel Infinte.

and PC version is announced immediately.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Veib posted:

When it comes to Arc's history with licensed anime games, I hope it's closer in quality to Hokuto no Ken than Sengoku Basara X.

It's gonna be the XRD engine with 3v3 dbz characters and the speed turned up to 1.5x, I really can't see this going badly.

Doesn't 3v3 kind of imply a bigger roster?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

team yamcha bitches

Yamcha is originally characterized as a deadly warrior, who fears nothing but talking to women.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

you misspelled "Mr. Satan"

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Did anyone else play that 2D fighter that was based off of Les Miserables? Eponine main here.

LA POLICIA!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Countblanc posted:

that the closed beta is console only is Criminal.

i think it's because when there was a PC closed beta for SFV it got super datamined out and spoiled

this is why we can't have nice things

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Apparently there was a deleted Chris G tweet about how black women can't play fighting games or something? Anybody got the screencap?

/drama

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Supreme Kai, Cell, Buu, and Babidi can teleport too.

I hope Babidi makes the cut and he's just as weird as in Hyper DBZ (the Mugen game).

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The Dave posted:

It's funny because all the people roasting it online are definitely going to buy it and all the casual people don't even read any of that stuff. Capcom is just toying now with how much they can gently caress with their audience and still profit.

I think you're giving them too much credit with that second sentence

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I'm kinda struggling to think of 20 iconic and worthwhile DBZ characters... Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, Piccolo, Trunks, Krillin, Tien+Chiaotzu, Yamcha, Android 18, Mr Satan, Captain Ginyu, Frieza, Cell, Buu?? I guess they could tap into Super too and give us Beerus, Goku Black, etc.

Comedy picks: Roshi, Oolong, Taopaipai, Grandpa Gohan, Tapion, Yajirobe, Shotgun Farmer

Arale.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

edit: Oh, the shoryu motion

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 10, 2017

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Booyah- posted:

as a te2+ owner, one of the worst parts is that you can't buy replacement cables, or anything else, anymore

madcatz going under means all these things that should have been replaceable are now ebay only. it sucks.

I drove my stick home with the USB part of the ridiculously-long-cable hanging out of the back door, and it got all mutilated. Still works when I plug it in.

YMMV

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

canoshiz posted:

Yo I just bought this loving enclosure from http://allfightsticks.com and it's actually super sick. Highly recommend, it's all metal and weighs a goddamn ton. They're fully customizable with a bunch of different layouts (even hitboxes for you weirdos out there). Really high build quality and the guy that runs the business is top notch in terms of service.

Excuse the messy bed:

the anime titties seem to be missing

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Crackbone posted:

AHAHAHAHAHA

Download the Fantasy Strike demo, unzip it, go into the directory, open up debug.ini

Change

startGameImmediately = False

to

startGameImmediately = True

And you're in.

Not seeing debug.ini in the 64-bit download; maybe he fixed it already?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

trying out fantasy strike - which function has the most complex finger puzzles?

edit: can you just bind jump to the up arrow? does that ruin The Vision?

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 28, 2017

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I am super casual and played FS for an hour:

- Playing without jump mapped to 'up' sucks

- No motions sucks, it feels like smash bros + super turbo and that's not a good thing

-Ugly but still better looking than infinite. Kinda looks like ghetto TvC graphics

-David Sirlin, Yomi, etc.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

'Unga' characters at lower level, where they just go in swinging buttons around like a fuckin' gorilla and getting unreasonable reward for it.

Leo from Xrd being the prime candidate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXOUvlyYDI&t=510s

O.Sagat and Cable get my vote for non-anime frustration

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

They did deliver, and it's called Akuma on Tekken 7.

Akuma plays so well in the transformation from 2D to 3D. So much so that I can't wait for the Geese Howard DLC.

Haven't played Tekken yet, but as soon as I can play Geese I'm all over this game

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

I watched fchamp play mvci today and the game seemed like it could be fun. The tag system especially looks neat. I'll probably give it a shot if I can still get a CD key for cheap from a sketchy Russian site.

There is no PC version afaik

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I like that they dumped Capcom Fighting Network after one game.

Kinda sucks, all my RL friends who now live 500 miles away are all baby-plastic-console-buyers.

Are the system requirements any higher than SFV? My '09 box runs SFV fine still, would hope for the same here. If I have to buy a new card I might just get a goddamn PS4.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Looks like it's exactly the same - thanks.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Agoat posted:

MvCI has been great for this thread.

Did anyone even make an infinite thread or is it so "kusoge" that we're just keeping it here?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Zand posted:

mvci

lol

edit and like, sengoku basara x.

SbX was awesome, I always have to remind myself it was a Capcom game and not an arcsys title

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Is there any way to force higher resolution on the PC version?

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I get to go see and play with Kokujin, RX, Issei, KO, and Yakkun in 3s next week! For some reason they're coming halfway across the world to North Carolina to play in a tournament.

They're all coming to casuals next Thursday (we have three japanese arcade cabinets next to each other in Greensboro) and then The Fall Classic in Raleigh two days after.

Never expected this out of a move to NC from the east coast. We have some strong local players, it'll be crazy to see Japan taking it to the S+++ tier level with those guys.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

RBX posted:

We have an arcade in Greensboro? What's the name?

Lost Ark has a crazy arcade. Everything is set to free to play, $5 to get in for however long. Thursday 6pm is 3s thursdays

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

brian posted:

Have a good time and thank Khang for putting in so much effort (and money) for it all! Also say hi to the UK and french dudes they're all lovely, dWo 4 life

Khang = "Flannel Jack" on facebook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

MvC:I is running like rear end on my PC

I heard there was something about "windows 10 fullscreen compatibility" messing it up? Anybody conquer this issue?

My box runs SFV fine with decent loading times but anything except mission mode is unplayable in MVC:I still.

Is there any way to run windowed mode without it being at the super small resolution?

capcom sucks