Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah I played Team Duc when it was re-released on 360....people did not like playing me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Blue Labrador posted:

I had friend from college talk about how he listened to a podcast where the premise was some dude was trained from a nobody to a somebody in SFV, so I imagine that's a good place to look for how t otrain people in fighting games. I'm no fan of SFV, but I imagine it's pretty great for teaching fundamentals.

Too bad the Gootecks Street Fighter podcast isn't around anymore, there were some good pieces of advice in there from the various top players at the time, some specific to SF4 and just some in general.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Blue Labrador posted:

What do you guys even look for when buying a stick? I've only had the one.

Now I look for space inside the stick. I have one of the old TEs, and not being able to try out most of the K-sticks blows. Also the viewlix layout sucks for screw buttons. Replacing/routing the USB when I modded it to a PS360+ also sucks.

I would someday like to buy a panzer3 case and just move my build into that.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Then I'd have to buy a drill!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Move over Jenny Craig, here comes Marn Leg!

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I have GamerFinger reds from years back. They've held up well and feel good. Price is kinda wack, but they've been worth it.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The SE is just one piece of plastic anyway (aside from the removable bottom plate) so I don't think any place is going to offer any kind of top panel replacement.

Would've been a good move to buy one of those TE S+ sticks when they would pop up for like $80. Jasen's Customs sells panels for those.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Sounds like SFV to me

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Been playing ST lately, having fun losing except when I play Sim mostly and eat shoryukens all day

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Geo Fixer posted:

I saw that most of the dlc characters were on sale last week and I was like "Why put the sperate characters on sale but not the season passes?"

That happens with DBFZ too sometimes. I think I bought all the Season 2 characters separately, then the pass went on sale a few days later.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I bought foam washers for Sanwa buttons years ago and they work fine.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Strive is incredibly fun now that I changed from Ky to Sol. IDK why but man things just feel so much easier and like I have this feeling of superiority. Went from losing every game to blindly bumbling my way to wins like far slashing Mr. Magoo. Even won a lot of games while re-teaching myself to play on pad via a trial by fire of random matches online.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I see O.Ken a bunch on Riz0ne’s ST Tournaments, usually against Claw. Check out SuperLoreBoys on YouTube if you want some US & Mexico action. He also does Alpha 2 & 3, CvS2, and Hyper Fighting events.