Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

This is why I love the fighting game crowd, so good at ironic comedy :ocelot:

This is irrelevant to my previous point because he's not talking about a fighting game but reading someone talking about a person breaking under pressure from a lawsuit while themselves having a complete meltdown from simply being banned from a local Smash Bros "scene" is just amazing and certainly worthy of the RESPECT he is most certainly entitled to.

While I'm just quoting posts

Real hurthling! posted:

According to science at the moment its asuka 120% special burning fest

I am genuinely peeved that my JPN PSN account is 130 Yen short of being able to get this.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Real hurthling! posted:

My wife asked what i want for my birthday and i jokingly said neo geo pocket color and now i have one.

I got the snk v capcom fighter and their card battler, am i good with those to start out before i decide if i want to expand?

I fig this is fighting game adjacent enough to ask here and i know you guys know

Faselei!

Okay so it's not a fighter but it's basically the only reason I keep my NGPC

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
FLEX isn't getting a physical copy at all, is it?

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

FZeroRacer posted:

slap city is v. good and knocking sense into weirdos is good

The trailer for the Business Casual Man character is just amazing. I can't imagine the single player is worth it but I really want to find out.

I hope there is some sort of discount, not because I need to personally pay less but because my god the whining over Koihime Enbu RyoRaiRai and Arcana Heart Lovemax SixStars being incremental upgrades and the publisher/devs not basically giving free money to owners of the existing games is just intolerable and yes I don't know why I'm looking at the Community Hub for any game.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Always bet sword.

E: Slap City is good fun in SP, once I drag a friend or two into MP it will be even better but the SP basic mission structure is pretty fun. Business Casual Man strong headbutt charge move isn't going to get old anytime soon. Also I need to work out how to do the water cooler lean attack because that's what I paid $7

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 15, 2018

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
As if I didn't listen to that in its entirety.

e: Twice.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jul 15, 2018

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Shy posted:

Both of those look like poo poo. Are they really that good mechanically or are you all hopeless anime watchers?

The accidental maybe but failed or bugged or even just not-yet-working but possibly not actually ever a thing DBFZ free weekend has made for some entertaining posting-through-tears from what I'm going to have to assume are younger people.

Not super sure you're quite around how much money a publisher makes with a FREE weekend there, null.

Sundance Shot posted:

Absolver is also free this weekend. It's a really cool non-traditional fighting game and while it's not perfect, it deserves way more love than it gets.

It really is good. The move-building system is fantastic and the constant on-edge atmosphere is pretty compelling. If they make good on the concept of a solid PvE experience that they're touting for an update that's due really soon, it will be easily recommendable.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
The massive difference between volume levels of the commentators in the Twitch EVO stream is really loving annoying.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Terry Bogard's coming to FEXL, they're also doing an arcade release on Nesica, including in NA.

Pullum and Vulcano Rosso will be out late this month/early September. They showed some new stages as well, including the Fatal Fury train stage.

https://twitter.com/FightingExLayer/status/1025954888813965314

Well at least PAL is still getting screwed over in true Sony fashion so there's that. I demand 34% off to smash people's heads in with a tambourine.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
So after EVO hype being solely at fault for me spending a bit of money on GGXrd and KOFXIV (and nothing to do with my lack of self control which is in no way indicated by my owning everything else except BBTag before this anyway) I dusted off the newest stick I have which is that old UMvC3 Hori PS3 number which was still just plug-and-play in Win7, but I'm finding that for some reason BBCF and BB Chrono have messed up button setups (square is select, X is back, O does nothing, even Start and Select seemed to be swapped), while everything else I tried (GGXrd, UNIEL, even UMvC3 just for kicks) works fine (X selects, O goes back, Start and Select are working as expected).

Before I go and just reconfigure the buttons manually in-game, I want to double check if is this because of something well-known that I need to alter or is there a setting in BB where it's defaulting to a different setup. The config screen just seems to let me configure manually and has two settings but nothing that seems to cycle through default setups, or I'm missing it. Going Big Picture mode made no difference either. I don't want to reconfigure it in BP mode settings because I'm guessing that will gently caress up all the other games that already work.

I notice the OP says that SFV doesn't work OOB at all with sticks but I'll cross that bridge later. I just want to mess about with anime games for now.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

In Training posted:

UNIST is still my number 1 but BBTag is the first game in ages that just feels like some random arcade crap that doesn't really give a gently caress about competitive presentation. It made me understand why people liked Marvel

What makes UNIST so good? Total casual noob question here, and I like UNIST, just wondering what it is that makes you always pick it out as your fave.

I'm too dumb to understand enough mechanics yet to have a technical favourite, I just enjoy bashing around in them all so idk, I just love very anime game. Although Skullgirls kind of pissed me off but that's because it wrecked my casual rear end whereas every other game at least made me feel like I had a (ahem) fighting chance. Although everyone says it's got the best tutorial stuff so I've got it installed regardless to try out.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Hace posted:

it's street fighter but anime

I've heard enough.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
I'm hoping for more Starfox 64 reminiscing.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
nothing comes to mind

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Ultramega posted:

assorted anime game degeneracy if that's your thing.

yes

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Spanish Manlove posted:

There's a good chance you'll love it. No double jump and you can't block midair unless spending meter. Very footsies oriented as spacing really matters since 90% of the cast have slow, half screen heavy attacks. It seriously does fit between the gap of anime degeneracy and the older street fighters.

Oh I've got it, like literally everything else except for BBTag and DBZF (hell I've even got the PS4 disc of Dengeki Bunko), I've just got to sit down and practice to suck less. I was just curious at to what made it a favourite over anything else specifically. The last time I was proper good at fighting games and could read opponent moves and all that was way back in Soul Calibur 2. I played a kickass Ivy with a decent enough skill level and I plebbed around on Mitsurugi who is pretty fun when you can read and block everything incoming.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Lord_Magmar posted:

Very grumpy Australian here and gently caress companies doing direct conversions on prices, especially if they then round up because of “shipping” costs even on online purchases.

Selling a game in another country should not be based on how much that game costs in USD, and the fact that I get repeatedly screwed by every game developer under the sun sucks.
:words:
Ask about how they got fined 1 billion AU Dollars and nearly got fined a second time for their consumer practices.

As someone in exactly the same (island continent) boat, this makes me exactly as angry.

This, however

appears to be curing all sorts of anger and pain, some I didn’t even know I had until it was gone.

I’m that guy who loves the trash anime fighters like Koihime and Blade Strangers. It’s me.

Also looking for DOA6 trailers brings up an awful lot of “REACTION” videos. I’d pay real world money converted straight from $US for an option to remove them appearing from my YT account/search results.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Yes but the women weren't naked in this one 90 second trailer so don't you think this is a case of SJWs going too far

That is some amazing sprite/font work

normal

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Hyper Inferno posted:

You can get UNIST for $26.56.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1032645142899961856?s=19

For those who wanted an even bigger early sale.

Nice, this is a huge discount especially as someone normally getting ripped off :australia:

Now to fire it up and smash the single player game for hundreds of hours :boom:

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
An aside to MvC2 talk; the OST to UNIST is amazing.

That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Spanish Manlove posted:

FYI it's on Spotify

It came with the Steam release if you buy it early enough. Even with that key from Voidu.