Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Nah that's just dumb old FGC thinking. There is no magical organic tier development in these games. The characters that developers intend to be good, are generally, good. The characters that developers intend to be bad, are generally, bad. Much better to have a game with constant support where different characters get a chance to shine over the game's lifetime rather than letting the game rot because that's how it was done in the old days.

mvc2 iceman is super op!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
cannot escape fgc thinking

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
they had two coin slots like that

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

thinking this is a good layout is just nrs at its purest

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
sirlin is always good for a laugh

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
the fighting game thread: strange. interesting. tantalizing.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

now this is the good poo poo

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

we got some Thirsty Gear: Strive

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Endorph posted:

anyway whats everyones favorite lesbian to main in a fighting game, mine is riesbyfe from melty blood

Vice

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
thats cool

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Smoking Crow posted:

WOW HELLISH QUART HAS A DEMO AND IT'S OPTIMIZED FOR FIGHTSTICK also the hellish quart guy built an arcade version of hellish quart that's pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS0tNKje39M

I'M DOWNLOADING IT NOW!

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Bamlethal Valentine

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

giovanna's big brother

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
"Replacing ranked will be the “Floor” system that was also shown off in the beta where players will go between floors based on skill where each floor will be better suited for each player's aptitude levels and being able to have matches without having to worry about points. (2/3)"

lol what the gently caress

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
they should put Nine from blazblue into strive, for me

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

:hmmyes:

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
you cant stop carmine

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
I've never been to a tournament where there was a prize for the winnter and another prize for the player who did many difficult moves.

-Davids Irlin

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

lol this isn't far off from triggering my motion sickness

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Hace posted:

yo i love lovely neogeo emulation and paying too much money. will this be for me?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i'm going to cry when this ends up playing like granblue

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
smh if you dont think anji looks cool

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
who is you're favorite guilty gear champion??

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

darealkooky posted:

and also maximillian got owned by slayer on stream really bad so he convinced a lot of people to not buy the game.

lol is this for real?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
probably but there hasn't been any tournaments in like a year.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
the best fg on the market

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
he only has the first hit of his rekka

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Nagoriyuki looks pretty interesting. Better make sure you got some meter to Zansetsu to exit bloodrage because that life drain is crazy

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i think the point of praising the netcode should be that it shows the companies that do not include it can see that this is what the people want, and gently caress you for taking so long to include this.

and not that they created something new.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

darealkooky posted:

im shocked that a game designed by a pot main has made pot good. who says you have to block it though, you can still mash jabs or just back off right?

who is the pot main?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
lucky for me that i don't care about ratchet and clank or final fantasy

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

my bad I just automatically equated "Live Streaming + Prize Pools = E-Sports!" Plus didn't Spooky help out with EVO's streaming in the past?

spooky better look out, born a poor black child is after u

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
sega hard at work

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
get ready for playstation all-stars battle royale headlining at next evo!

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
they can still ban smash, its ok

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
we need to be blessed by a well made Jojo's and a well made Darkstalkers.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

This is like a friend of mine. he has played guilty gear for like almost 10 years, he only plays May and Potemkin and pretty much only uses heavy slash and overdrives.

He claims it is "his style"

i mean, I guess it is, I tried to show him how to do combos but he got frustrated and went back to His Style.

Everybody's desired applied effort into learning something is different and I guess they just want butts in front of the screen. Which is fine with me.

As long as they are having fun, I don't care if they want to do a Real Tutorial or not. (i wish they would though)

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
maybe, if we are lucky, they will add items you can use on your characters in Project L.

a-a-and you can spend real money to buy gems, i mean items to power up your character so you can get a headstart on opponents!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Jack Trades posted:

How does VF play compared to Tekken?

i haven't played vf in a long time, but i remember the movement being much less strong and it enforces x beats y, y beats z poo poo more

i am pretty sure you cannot be thrown out of an attack, an attack will beat a throw no matter what. And i may have misunderstood, but the escape window for throws was incredibly tiny and i think you pretty much had to predict it.

it had justframes before tekken

It felt like janky tekken to me, i only liked it a little (i'm not good at vf)