Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Here is my esports tale

I was at a smaller epsorts thing earlier today, play my games, get to winners finals, I lost. Then as I wait for guy from losers to play, its announced I got 2nd place, and the guy who beat me got 1st. Both of us start yelling at the organizer saying what is going on and we were told that how its supposed to happen and "this is how fighting games are played"

:barf:

Also losers was called "The redemption bracket".

Was this part of the cineplex thing? I've seen similar complaints from people on Facebook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Sure was, what a loving joke.

Apparently the place near me wasn't going to let people use sticks until everyone told them that was stupid.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Combo Breaker hit cap for SFV. I hope we get another death pool so people too lazy/stupid to pre register can get mad on Twitter again.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

There will be no death pool. It's closed as in closed, no more. The only way more people are getting in is if people who are already registered cancel or otherwise fail their payments.

Give out wait list spots based on results in a single elimination tourney imo.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's cool how they're doubling down on how fugly the first Injustice was by strapping a bunch of retarded looking armor to everyone lmao.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's for the best. This way PC players won't dookie up threads bitching about how bad their port is like they did for MKX launch.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pomp posted:

yeah consumers complaining about getting ripped off is the worst

Yeah it was really bad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I agree, if you purchase an unacceptably bad product you should just quietly accept it and rue your foolishness by yourself when you're alone in your room

Yeah that or tell people who actually care, not a thread filled with smart people who bought the good version of the game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are there any female professional top tier LoL players? SC2 has (had? I haven't watched in a while) Scarlet and I can't think of any in DotA.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

As long as you can get them for cheap and only have zero interest in playing online, both those games will do you just fine. Injustice's story mode was corny but I really liked it and the STAR Labs stuff is worth messing around in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How is Pokken's online?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm surprised Marvel didn't demand a Marvel characters only game to compete with Injustass 2 to be honest. If they're going to be filling the roster with lovely Inhuman characters nobody gives a poo poo about they may as well go whole hog and get rid of all the Capcom characters too.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there any info on what team is developing this?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

Facbook video of a live interview by Marvel dudes are talking about a very robust story mode explaining how the worlds come together.

gently caress.

Infinty Stones are chosen when you pick your team, which gives them "abilities and comeback mechanics"

Could be cool. It probably won't be, but I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'll bet ten billion dollars Kamala is going to be in this game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

This just made me notice that the Danvers in the trailer has her lovely old haircut instead of the good new one.

DLC bro

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

We don't actually know that this is a 2d fighter, right?

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNBTTeW0jPw LMAO at how disappointed the crowd sounds when Captain Marvel gets revealed.

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 3, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

odds are good of this being a dlc/alt for her

Yeah it'd be nice if they gave her her good costume back.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Countblanc posted:

being disappointed at captain marvel is really loving dumb. like, game might suck, but cap marvel is badass

She's the Poochie of Marvel comics.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When is Injustice 2 actually supposed to take place?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

General Morden posted:

what are the chances squirrel girl will be in the new marvel

Actually not too bad. Apparently Marvel is making a New Warriors TV show that's supposed to feature her, and apparently the digital version of her comic sells really well in demographics Marvel's been chasing. She's also not an X-man or a member of the Fantastic Four.

Kurtofan posted:

xmen, so zero

Not anymore fam.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

General Morden posted:

who teh fucks considered an X MAN

I don't actually know how Marvel decided which characters count as X-men characters and not. Squirrel Girl isn't a mutant any more though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yea, there's no way this game doesn't have Ms. Marvel and yung Nova. I could see them going either way on which Spider-Man to include.

EDIT: Gwenpool actually isn't related to Gwen Stacy. She's some girl named Gwen Poole from a normal universe like ours who ended up in the Marvel comics universe after all the universe colliding poo poo happened in Secret Wars. Her only super power is that she knows how comic books work and who everyone's secret identity is. Her book is easily the best thing Marvel is publishing right now imo.

fadam fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 3, 2016

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SectumSempra posted:

Apparently gwenpool is good.

Gwenpool is very good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

anime was right posted:

deadpool is also terrible.

Yes he is.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there a big robot Inhuman that flies and shoots his fists out?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Brosnan posted:

What's an inhuman and why does everyone hate them?

They're crazy inbred cultists that worship a big cloud that gives out superpowers. Marvel doesn't have the cinematic rights to the X-Men and that's where all the $$$ is so there's been a big push in the past few years to make them a bigger part of the Marvel universe to replace the X-Men.

They're all pretty lame except for a big dog that can teleport, a guy with a really loud voice, and a dirty monk who break things really easy.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

General Morden posted:

doesn't fox own spiderman too

They cut some deal with Marvel and now they can both make movies featuring the character or something. I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Does anyone know if Fox owns the rights to Miles Morales?

EDIT: Oh never mind apparently I'm thinking of Sony.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lockjaw better be an assist.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want a playable Felyne.:3:

Doesn't Marvel have a legal right to put X-Men, FF, Deadpool, etc. in the game? I just thought they choose not to because they want to promote their dumb movie universe.

That's exactly it. AFAIK they can do whatever non-movie stuff with their characters, but they don't want to put Wolverine in their game and inadvertently advertise for Fox or whatever.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The only people I hear complaining about Carol Danver Captain marvel and the new Ms. marvel are the same kind of sad nerds that get really really mad when a black actor gets cast in their comic book movies so please temper the mad Marvel fan post you see as more MvC4 news comes out.

lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'd like to see more non-humanoid characters like Shuma and Amaterasu. Put that frog thor in.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'm a little pissed they spilled the beans on Mega Man being in the game so early. Half the fun of the MvC3 reveals was watching people get more and more butthurt about him not being in the game.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Maybe I'm just part of the problem, but I'd actually kind of like it if this game had a robust DLC plan.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

$5 a month isn't insane lol

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

An American wins Capcom Cup and the new MvC looks bad.

Boy, if Trump didn't win the election 2016 would have just been a total wash.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

This is great info! Thanks for bringing it to us.

Also, Jesus you guys are cynical. I mean, I know Capcom's got a pretty bad standing at this point, but this is like, day one reveal; there are still a lot of unknowns about the game. For the moment, I'm happy to just revel in the fact that there's going to be a new Marvel Vs Capcom, and it looks cool :D

being excited for things is gay dude

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I was at least hoping for a bunch of dedicated assist characters like in MvC 1. Not having even that is very disappointing.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It looks like the Power Gem gives you a one shot wall-bounce, and the Time Gem gives you a one shot teleport. They're just assists.

That is so fuckin lazy lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The roster is going to be sixteen characters and half of them are going to be loser Inhumans and the boring SF characters.