Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This is very typical for mexico honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Showed the video to my friend and we both said it looked like a mobile game. Then I came in here and everyone thinks so as well. Goddamn capcom

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Thor looks the same as he was in MVC3 which is hilarious as gently caress to me. Good job capcom on bringing back this lovely character no one liked.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lol marvel twitter is going crazy for the trailer, they're all going to be bitching once the game drops as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Fereydun posted:

according to everyone else it's just like your favorite game x men vs street fighter clearly you should be excited

This is like when people said sfxt was good because it had footsies and you 09ers just don't get it man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Brosnan posted:

Who the gently caress said that

I distinctly remember so many people on streams saying poo poo like this whenever they would get mad that the twitch chat or random people in general would bitch about SFXT. And then when the 2013 patch came out the SFXT Defense squad was out in full force but by that time the game was on the outs for sure.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RBX posted:

What happened that made SRK so poo poo? It used to be a great place for info or groups.

everyone moved to local facebook groups

Also as the years went on everyone stayed being lovely, even in facebook groups. Now we got neutered versions of those with the subreddits and well r/kappa is pretty bad as well. They want their free speech man!!!!!!!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

anime was right posted:

its not just that, most of the people who actually play fgs left, but all of the people who posted poo poo like "top 10 asian strippers" in the general discussion forum stayed.

kappa is basically what srk used to be, if you merged all the forums into one

Right thats what I wanted to get at. I feel like I get way more info on fgs from this forum honestly than anywhere else. You think just people don't want to share new tech at all?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/JWonggg/status/874698875860262912

lmao

https://twitter.com/TheComboFiend/status/874713441637851136

dont rest peter they comin for u next

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Capcom fgc is doomed forever imo lol. The shilling will never end.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rutibex posted:

I doubt it will bankrupt them. For that to happen they would have had to give Infinite a generous development budget, and that clearly isn't the case.

Yeah its clear now that their budget focus was on that new next gen monster hunter. This is just so embarrassing.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

attackmole posted:

Did all of DBZ have that sick soundtrack in the original version? I've only ever watched the English kids network version when I was growing up and that song makes the scene way more dope.

Yes. The og ost is so much better its not even funny.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Capcom needs to fire everyone on staff and hire completely new people and just start working on sf6 or some poo poo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zand posted:

mvci

lol

edit and like, sengoku basara x.

wait....who made sf5 lol

E: LOL dimps of course

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So.....all they did was update the UI, add 2 modes and new V trigger for everyone?

PASS lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
get hosed capcom. I'm so happy they're finally getting put on notice and that they can't just make a trash game + abandon it and expect the community to just be there.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
throw evo in the trash

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IDK what this even means, isn't Wizard the owner of EVO. Who made this post? Was it Markman?

what the gently caress is happening

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Super Yan addressed Aris in her latest twitlonger. Doesn't excuse what he did though, but yeah for what its worth.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sr9rjh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mans posted:

these were quite the surprising 48 hours for the FGC

The moment this was going down in the Dota scene last week, I was just waiting for the FGC and Smash scenes to blow up. And it was worse than I could have ever imagined like what the gently caress dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra877

This was just posted about Wizard

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I’m sure the popularity of evo will be fine but the damage has been done and it’s going to take a lot of work to gain the trust of some of these companies back. Especially with a company like Nintendo considering the rampant pedophilia and grooming in that scene.

We may never see another official sanctioned/community smash tournament again.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Mr Wizard just retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/changoland/status/1279072490409656320

lol gently caress off

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

Is there any legitimacy to what he's saying? At all?

yes there is.

Watson has been calling out this type of poo poo for years. Its an open secret

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
"If the FGC is to rise from this, then it needs to burn and the people like me need to see ourselves out."

This is something that I thought was very poignant from this Twitlonger about Mr Wizard: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sra877

You have to hold these people accountable and they must leave the scene. They can grow and become better people, but it cannot happen in the community anymore. Just like in Dota after the community went through it last week, this community must rebuild from the ground up.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AFashionableHat posted:

We ran a promo for Empire Arcadia at our last charity event as part of putting POC FGC creators front and center. I haven't heard anything about him. Should I be aware of things?

drat you got played

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

so is this pretty much the end of the FGC being a "big" thing?

like, it seems like a large majority of the "famous" players are horrible pieces of poo poo, with SonicFox being the only one coming to mind who hasn't either been directly accused of something, or called out for knowing and not speaking up. Smash is just flat-out done and not likely to come back. EVO is probably done for the foreseeable future. with all of that, there's not gonna be a whole lot of incentive for Capcom or Namco to keep their leagues/tours going, either.

obviously this isn't going to kill everyone's locals, FGC-adjacent poo poo like saltybet is probably going to hang around, etc, but... i'm not the only one getting grim visions of a future where every game is played in con bathrooms and not just Melty, right?

The fgc is not just top players or streamers. If you’re talking about as just a casual observer, you’ll probably have to watch new people play or whatever. If you’re active in your local scene it’s on you to try to make your community a better place especially after all this.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

you know its bad when not even r/kappa is going to defend him lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Not surprised Skullgirls made it in. It's a horny game for perverts and Evo has historically been run by sex criminals

This mf dont miss

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
is the new kof any good? thinking of picking it up alongside melty blood

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

In awe it took this long to ban this loving loser. FINALLY!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
drat he’s never gonna beat the EATsports allegations