Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3O9dDj4Ck

i cant find that one jojos match so have this instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Chev posted:

The old guy's sprite is literally fei long's torso pasted on Yamazaki's legs and the hitsparks that aren't from kof are from Metal Slug. The mugen association runs deeper than just the engine.

well, the chars have been available for mugen for like, at least half a decade if not a full on decade at this point so yeah

ubu and ella are both pretty cool mugen chars but i have no idea what the gently caress to think in regards to an actual mugen fighting game being made w/ them

i think i'd prefer one made by phantom of the server or that one guy who died who made evil ryu/ken/dragon claw

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

fadam posted:

Give out wait list spots based on results in a single elimination tourney imo.

winner of the mystery game tournament auto qualifies into top 8 sf5

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

the issue has everything to do with disney wanting full control over every little aspect of marvel and wolverine having a divekick is against the Greater Marvel Universe Vision so i doubt itll happen. with their own game studios they can do that kinda stuff. also lol if capcom gives a poo poo about marvel after previous sales.
this actually went away with ultimate apparently, which is why suddenly cap got a doublejump back alongside other random poo poo like that
the only big exception was dr. strange and that was it for some reason supposedly

also what baal said about the marvel sales is correct
it was probably more profitable than sf5

but sf5 is a cash shop game without a cash shop so that couldn't be very hard i guess

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

neog is gone from capcom so i dont even want to know what the gently caress theyd do to ruin marvel

well, the answer is probably 'give it to dimps' and that is truly the worst of all possible worlds

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

can someone pinpoint the moment when punk rebel ecks went from 'clueless guy asking about basic details of games' to noted historian and expert i stopped paying attention

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Dias posted:

change the main comeback mechanic of the game, the main combo mechanic of the game, and a bunch of hitboxes and meter costs/meter building costs of the game and it would be great

I know that because MVC3 is faster and harder to get into than SF4 it's supposed to be the newer game we're all behind but it's more unbalanced garbage than SF4 AND SF5. gently caress, SG is a better Vs. game than MVC3. If we're going about how Capcom sucks now, that game does not get a pass.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

the infinite prevention system in marvel is "kill them before they drop out of the combo"

or

"do infinites"

marvel is #1

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

third strike

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

why are their colors backwards

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Zand posted:

the best fighting games look like poo poo

marvel 3

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Arzachel posted:

He didn't say that looking like poo poo means the game is good

a guy who likes sf5 and hates marvel...
this is the world we live in now

s m g*d d h

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Arzachel posted:

Sf5 is an alright if very dull game packaged in liquid poo poo, marvel 3 is just the regular kind of bad.

drat i just guessed but looks like i hit it right on the nose
now how to increase sample size as to attribute correlation on a wider scale....

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Arc System Works And Its Fighting Game Legacy, It's All About The Cool posted:

Daisuke’s choice was very specific and came down to a unique game system. “I would certainly say my favorite fighting game of all time is Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. Of course all the games that Mori mentioned as well, I have also spent a lot of money on those games in the arcades. However, there are certain elements that I can pinpoint in 3rd Strike that really drew me to it, which is the system. It’s very simple, the animation is high quality and it looks beautiful. In terms of a game and the way it has been packaged and delivered it’s really of a very high standard. The other element, whether you call this a fault or a benefit, I find it very interesting is the parrying system. What makes this system so insane is the fact that if done, the person who performed that will have a 100% advantage by nature of the way the game was designed. Given that we now enter a new realm which is the element of actual execution and most fighting games players will play within the realm of what they feel comfortable executing. You could say that most fighting games are designed around that. Most aspects, combos, elements or whatever it is in the fighting game is designed to be executed but I feel that the parry system is so difficult, although it is 100% advantageous, it is so difficult that has almost been worked into the risk/reward balance of the game itself. There is an element of beauty to the fact that there is a system right there that will give you the advantage but the execution and the risk that you have to spend to reap the rewards that makes the overall balance so amazing. They didn’t leave the game systems and balance within the realm of the game itself but actually brought in the physical factor into it. I think that is why Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is my fighting game.”

daisuke ishiwatari is a 3s mystic
pack it up folks

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

melty has red arc and neco chaos

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anothergod posted:

fucker played it on the worst graphic settings and was like, "LOL MSPaint Art guyzzz"

if that is seriously what you got from his post then bless your heart and good luck my friend

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

I've no idea what the hell they will fill that many pages of an art book and three audio CDs with, but here it is.

kof13 came with FOUR cds

it had 13's soundtrack and then a bunch of random songs from every kof until then

somehow it didn't have all five iori themes which made it automatically poo poo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

sorry to say dude but those screenshots are still super unreadable, even with the lighting
from a quick glance i could not tell you what is going on in any of them or where the characters even are

like, it's repeated infinitely in every single loving design video ever but seriously character readability is huge and not a fighting game specific thing.
knowing what space everything on screen actually occupies and what they can do/what they are doing is pretty vital, especially in a 2d game where you don't have the luxury of spacial awareness in a 3d world
even the games you source as inspirations follow that rule because it's so basic and important

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

In Training posted:

No DMC gif??
i don't actually have any new ones on hand...
caught me with my pants down amigo
i actually thought about using dmc dmc dante as an example of this because his design is dull as poo poo both actual design and colorwise but still works because of the really poppy color palette of the stages.he still immediately sticks out by being the dull as gently caress coloring in there.
and in dull stages where he blends in a lot more his swings and gunshots are highlighted more/glow way more as to show you what he's doing when he actually does moves

edit:
actually i had one
just one

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 26, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/lpxajj.webm

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

https://a.pomf.cat/nkjswy.webm

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

if superman isnt by far the best char in injustice 2 again they're loving up

canon tiers only

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

marvel 3 is the techno club song from the first blade

on repeat for 5 years

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Dias posted:

marvel 3 is justin bieber
i wish
i don't think it really has that diverse range or talent

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Zand posted:

Luckily there is more to playing fighters than raw reaction times
kenbot disagrees

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

they said the recent special edition releases were to see which version of DMC people liked more, classic or lovely ninja theory.

then they made the good one digital only while releasing the lovely one physical and digital. i'm hoping for a miracle here but idk DmC2 incoming

PAL sales posted:

06 (NE) PS4 DMC: DEFINITIVE EDITION (CAPCOM) < 4,498
18(NE) XBO DMC: DEFINITIVE EDITION (CAPCOM) < 3,534

edit:

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 9, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

It's me, I am the underground Daigo

im the daigo of marvel 3

because he sucks at it, you see

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Remember when he made a vid telling America to watch out because he was a'comin' for them

yes and then he got blasted by floe at evo
and upon having done so, smiled for the first time in his life, killing the true daigo 'the beast' umehara for good

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Endorph posted:

smash actually is a better game than marvel 3

Dias posted:

I mean that's what I'm sayin'

that's all the evidence i need to prove the opposite as hard fact

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

lol if you're a baby who wants characters or stages banned

you will fight my all black team on shield helicarrier and like it, motherfucker

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Electromax posted:

What's the sweet spot size for fighting game rosters I wonder? Somewhere between vanilla SF2's 8 (which is obviously viable) and TTT2's mugen-esque 59.
as many as they can fit

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

i dont want a vs series game without neo_g heading up the gamefeel anyway

no one can do it better and theyd probably get like loving dimps or something

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

the company that gets fighting game sales "appropriate" to the quality of marvel is owned by and makes games for marvels biggest competitor in the realm of comic book ip

there's always the nightmare scenario of smash marvel

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

names withheld to protect the innocent

https://a.pomf.cat/tzychj.webm

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Tell me how you block a move when you're in the startup or recovery of doing a move yourself

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Night Blade posted:

Why didnt he use the superior move Rising Tackle

it's 'come on and slam' not 'come on and tackle'

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Garnavis posted:

Does it make sense to get 98UM on Steam instead of playing 98 on FightCade? How do the netcode and player counts compare?

no, and um is significantly worse in every capacity except having mr big be playable

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

where's that one smash brawl tourney vid where it's mew2king playing on some stage with a bunch of platforms floating on a rail by getting a single hit and then running away through the stage for like 30 minutes until his opponent suicides

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

that stick is also loving miniscule lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

always grind the gates and pick up your stick by the stick

but seriously i always grind the gates

super tight springs and/or american style sticks own