Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Aris has a big mouth and streaming mostly just encourages the shittier side of his behaviour, with my personal pick being his using race as a source of humour with the 'oops what I said could be misconstrued to sound racist' so his chat can call him a bigot. It's about as low-hanging a fruit as you can possibly get to provoke a reaction out of twitch chat and it really encourages continued crappy routines from both Aris and his audience. He has always struck me as someone with a pretty malleable moral compass with a propensity to talk poo poo and be irreverent.

While I do believe that this Aris is the same Aris that said the insanely stupid poo poo he did back during Cross Assault in 2012 (where the real controversy happened), he's been smart enough to keep his nose clean - especially while operating in any kind of official capacity. He won't risk his current standing or career by stooping to the same lows, publicly at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurash
May 12, 2008

I may be wrong, but in BlazBlue all the timeloop nonsense is essentially backstory? The only timeloop that occurs during the events of any of the actual games is Central Fiction, which is very definitely the ending of the storyline where things get wrapped up. Everything prior to this, from Calamity Trigger to Chronophantasma, is all a single 'final' timeline with no resets.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Gologle posted:

Calamity Trigger is nothing but timeloops. Continuum Shift is about taking power from the Takamagahara which is causing time loops. Chronophantasma is about timeloops too, I think, I actually don't remember much of Chronophantasma except the Six Heroes plot and the ending. Centralfiction has already been covered.

EDIT2: Oh yeah, and Bang, objectively best character, finally being relevant. Although Valkenhayn comes close to being best character.
Funny that the conversation seems to have moved on, but I'm 99% sure that all the events from Calamity Trigger and leading up to Central Fiction is one timeline, namely it being the final 'loop'. We're merely told of the hundreds of loops that have come before, but the series of events depicted in the games are largely the loop finally coming to an end.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Jiro posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/maximilian_dood

Surprised no one has said anything about the SF3 tournament happening.

Presented by Cooperation Cup and holding it in a physical arcade! Totally not safe!

Technically, it's an exhibition of FT10s. Come quick, there's still 3 sets left and it's been WIIIIIILD.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

It's worth noting that all the timeloop nonsense of Blazblue is actually just backstory - the entire plot from Calamity Trigger to Central Fiction is one continuous timeline with no resets of any kind and is meant to be the final iteration.

Notably I believe this is the only timeline where Noel exists.

Kurash
May 12, 2008

My money is on Antonov

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Infamous piece of poo poo and garbage person Akumu busy committing Actual Crimes on discord.

I don't have the actual screenshots but apparently as a direct result of this, he was banned from a local tournament and then he proceeded to threaten to shoot the place up. Police are very much involved.

e: apparently he was banned from a 4o4 esports event which looks like kind of a big deal? Obviously he shouldn't be attending any events, ever from this point

Kurash fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 21, 2022

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Veev posted:

As long as you're leaving it up to the game they could patch it on the software to do whatever they want, though everything's going to have something wacky with it no matter what they choose. Like all the new gimmicks people are spreading could be solved by just rejecting any input that contains more than 2 directions but that would probably just completely break movement somehow.

I tense my hands up when I keep them in position over the buttons and cramp up really bad so I'm going to use stick regardless just for comfort.

A significant element of this is that the socd cleaner fixes the input before it ever reaches software, it doesn't matter what the software does if your peripheral does your 'cheating' for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurash
May 12, 2008

Arzachel posted:

Capcom controls the input parser. If they can turn my panicked flailing into something resembling motion inputs, they sure as hell can add a forced frame of neutral between up and down inputs for flash kicks.

The input parser that's software based is parsing the inputs originating from your device, and if your device is the one selecting what your inputs look like then the software-based parser will never see the inputs it's designed to stop.