Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Any good SNK fight game suggestions from you guys? Anything from KoF to Fatal Fury is appreciated.

Kizuna Encounter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I can't find the Jazzy NYC acapella, you know the one

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's okay, I found something better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDLdN2KFC3A

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I heard Koihime Enbu runs on a custom Mugen build, does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That's the Japanese date. No word on the NA date and hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha Europe

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SF5 looks bad and has no modes so I don't think that correlation means a hell of a lot.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom won't even pony up a proper budget for SF, there's no way they're going to bother with another Marvel game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They said SF5 was more Capcom than Dimps this time around but both companies have lost key personnel to SNK recently, including a guy called Hidetoshi Ishizawa who was a lead on most of the big fighting games they've released since the Alpha days (SF4 excepted).

Eighting (or Raizing) is the company that made Bloody Roar back in the day, as well as the early Naruto fighting games and the peoples' favourite Castlevania Judgement. Their real specialty was bullet hell arcade games like Battle Garegga.

No big studio makes anything 100% in-house anymore, it's too expensive and takes too long.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Is Castlevania Judgement actually cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYTPWAavALg

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're ugly and readable.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom doesn't believe fighting games need or warrant big budgets, that's the short answer.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

So that Castlevania Judgment game, does it have a story mode or are those clips from an arcade mode.

There's an arcade mode, a story mode for each character and some other single-player thing where you kill enemy mobs for a while and then fight Dracula, y'know, like in Castlevania!

It's a bad game, in case you haven't realised.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Smoking Crow posted:

Pachislot isn't profitable anymore because of Japanese gambling reforms. There's a reason why SNK left the Patchislot market. Konami hosed themselves by going full pachinko like a month before it happened

Konami didn't really go full pachinko, they're prepping for the implementation of western-style amusement machines.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Buhbuhj posted:

Did anyone get Koihime Enbu and is the netcode poo poo?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Koihime Enbu is cool, death to anime.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Koihime Enbu PS4 uses the Skullgirls driver and I haven't heard of any dumb issues related to that game, either.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Injustice 2 announce trailer, no in-game footage. All the characters have Tony Stark tech and I guess Bryan Cranston's doing a thing? EDIT: they're not even bothering with PC this time?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX0WA6yIZ7I

quote:

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice 2, the super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters. Injustice 2 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in 2017.

The official Injustice 2 trailer can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/hX0WA6yIZ7I

“In Injustice 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customize and level-up their favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customizing and battling with DC’s iconic characters in an entirely new way.”

Injustice 2 offers the latest DC fighting game experience that expands on the previous title’s larger-than-life showdowns. Every battle defines you in a game where players personalize iconic DC characters with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. For the first time gamers can take control of how their characters look, fight and develop across a variety of game modes.

Injustice 2 continues the epic cinematic story introduced in Injustice: Gods Among Us as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. In the midst of the chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk. Players can play from the biggest DC roster ever offered in a fighting game, from classic fan favorites such as Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Aquaman, to astonishing new villains like Atrocitus and Gorilla Grodd. Battles will take place across arenas that have evolved in scale and span across iconic locations such as Metropolis, Gotham City and Atlantis.

To celebrate the announcement of Injustice 2, fans who have downloaded the hugely successful Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game can unlock the Injustice 2 versions of Superman and Aquaman through the in-game Challenge Modes. Released in 2013 and developed from the ground up by NetherRealm Studios, the Injustice: Gods Among Us mobile game is available as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/08/injustice-2-revealed-coming-to-ps4-in-2017/

quote:

We are super excited to announce the latest installment of the Injustice franchise, Injustice 2, coming to Playstation 4 in 2017. As the sequel to 2013’s Injustice: Gods Among Us, we wanted to come out swinging. We’re doing all of the things you’d expect from a sequel. We’re adding new characters, new environments, and we’re taking environment destruction and interaction to the next level.

But we didn’t want to stop there. At NetherRealm, we always want to make games that are fun, challenging and innovative. We strive to give players a level of control that makes playing our games a truly personal experience. For that reason, we have introduced a brand new Gear System, allowing players to build their own version of Superman, their Batman and ultimately, their Injustice Universe.
The Gear System uses RPG-like mechanics to reward you with loot drops every time you play the game. With each loot drop, you will earn character-specific gear to outfit and power up your roster – changing not only the look of each character, but your fight strategy and your personal approach to every match. As you gear up your characters, you’re building a roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains that reflects your choices, and your preferences, which can be vastly different than your opponents. A few play sessions in, you can expect your Aquaman to look and play different than anyone else’s Aquaman you may come across.

And of course we’re going to continue to tell the epic story of the Injustice Universe. When last we saw them, Superman was imprisoned in a Red Sun prison cell, while Batman was continuing the good fight against the forces that would see Superman’s tyranny back in power. Where do we go from here? And what new characters will join the fight? Of course you’ll have to play the game to find out. And we can’t wait for you to get your hands on this game. We’re excited to see your vision come to life on screen.
Stay tuned! We’ll continue to drop information as we lead up to our launch in 2017.

so the power armour is a gem system that doubles as a hideous character customisation gimmick. Oh well.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 8, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like that they're maintaining the tradition of no-effort system names. Gear System, fits right in with Variations and Meter Burn.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

fadam posted:

It's cool how they're doubling down on how fugly the first Injustice was by strapping a bunch of retarded looking armor to everyone lmao.

The armour looked stupid before but the characters still resembled the characters, now they're all gonna look like nobodies from Rising Thunder so what's the point?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Mike Z's off the hook, clearly:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Hey now sexual harassment is not okay but let's not lump these people with monsters like Henaki.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

A.o.D. posted:

Haven't they stated that the PC releases have been pretty good to them lately?

Yes and they're owned by a Chinese company so there's no way in hell it won't get a PC port.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The faces don't look as awful as I expected them to, I'll give them that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FoneBone posted:

Supergirl looks pretty awful.

Yeah but it's "we just figured out the LA Noire face tech from a hundred years ago" awful, not "we outsourced our faces to WB Bangladesh" awful which is their usual standard.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
k o i h i m e e n b u
o
i
h
i
m
e
e
n
b
u

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jun 17, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

anime was right posted:

He's also clear that Marvel will only work with developers who they think will make excellent, top tier titles instead of just "good" games. So far their two publicly announced partners are Insomniac and Telltale. He speaks very fondly of the LEGO games, but IIRC that's run out of the mobile licensing division.

rip marvel (even though they'll still make a buncha eh mobile games)

Even if MvC meets their criteria, isn't Marvel going through a phase right now where they're basically not letting people put X-Men characters in anything?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

NecroMonster posted:

fox owns the rights to (almost or) all of the money from x-men merchandising but none of the rights to produce x-men merchandise

Yeah, and the issue is that Marvel is deliberately trying to tank X-Men as a gently caress-you to Fox, so new Marvel games from here on out won't have X-Men characters, the comics are getting buried while Marvel pushes "Inhumans" or something, I dunno, comics stink.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I think it's perfectly fine that a game that's available for people to play at home has more entrants than a game that isn't.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm fine with Smash but I don't like that they have to include both Melee and 4.

If EVO wants more money they should do a full-on "EVO Classic" with all the old poo poo and stick Melee in there.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i would love it if smash hosed off to their own rats nest forever but i do think they deserve some recognition for having some principles about their poo poo. i dont want them to succeed in their convictions but i wish they would rub off a little bit on capcom players, like not swallowing down any garbage that gets thrown at them for the promise of money

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't Nintendo have a lot to do with Project M being dead? Like, they (directly or indirectly) kept people from playing or streaming it alongside the real games at events and that's one of the major factors it got dropped by the modders and everyone else?

dragon enthusiast posted:

EVO Classic
EVO Championship Series
EVO Japan

we in there

EVO: THE REAL, digitised sprite games only. MK, SF:TM, Jackie Chan, Tattoo Assassins, Kasumi Ninja, all the good poo poo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

what does that have to do with what i wrote?

You say they have principles that can't be swayed by money but they dropped the only good version of their game the moment Nintendo started putting money behind Smash events. I've got nothing against Smash players but they're just as easily swayed by the promise of "legitimacy" or (not even that much) money or whatever, it's just that noone's been offering any of that poo poo to them until now.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Skullgirls mobile is a thing, out this year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nga3jYloM-s

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're still working on Pokken, from the sounds of things. There's another character coming soon.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VcbfP8b1ys

Mai's coming to DOA, along with Yuri/Kasumi/Hinako costumes. Yes, the Yuri/Kasumi costumes will break.

They're also getting Attack on Titan and Aquapazza costumes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Has DOA5 secretly been awesome since it came out. It was never on my radar

It's fine (on consoles) and there's still a decent player base but if you're going to pick up Tekken then don't bother with DOA, and if you do get DOA don't expect to ever be able to find or buy any of the eighty billion pieces of DLC.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 10, 2016

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
K O I H I M E E N B U

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Blade Arcus is a complete nothing of a game.

Is E's Laf still a thing?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Rare image of Fuudo slaying tang

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jul 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does anyone have the quote from that guy who threw a tantrum over MK9 Shao Kahn?