Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Saoshyant posted:

They're re-releasing Last Blade 2 on the PS4/Vita, which is not news. It's news however that they apparently added six extra characters(!) -- where the hell did those come from? Maybe it's just Samurai Shodown dudes thrown in for good measure?

Oh wow, I hadn't heard about the extra characters. I assume one of them is Shikyo, who was in LB1 and replaced by Mukuro in the sequel. I was also comparing the casts of the two games on Fight-a-base and it looks like the original has exclusive variants for Kagami, Akari, and Shigen. Kinda boring, but also kind of obvious and probably easy to implement. And the last 2 are probably non-awakened Kaede and Hagure who's a mirror match shapeshifter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Sade posted:

Most likely it means they will make no games, other than monster hunter.

And they'll focus more on that sweet pachislot money.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I'm waiting for Testament, hopefully he has some involvement with Dizzy's story if they ever show her in something besides silhouette.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Sophitia was in Warriors Orochi, so I'd like to see a Koei character show up. Preferably someone from Samurai Warriors since it fits SC's timeframe, or Ryu Hayabusa.

It'd be neat if the story went into the SC II-IV era as well so that people like Talim could show up, and I wouldn't mind a bit of time travel fuckery to let some of the new gen from V be playable as well.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

SirKibbles posted:

It only took 4 games but that corruption thing they've been hinting at since Soul Calibur finally might pay off.

What sticks out to me is he's still wearing the Dvapara-Yuga when it happens. I guess that malfestation still leaks through sometimes.

More importantly though, I hope we get to use that sweet demon hair on created characters.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Dracula Factory posted:

Cervantes is my boy and I'm a lil chuffed they announced a DLC character before the main cast is done. Based on what I saw of the playable demos, there were a lot of blank spots on the roster so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a weirder character or two (I would love another guest character).

There are 6 visible slots left on the character select screen right now, and I'm pretty certain 3 of them will be taken up by Cervantes, Raphael, and Lizardman. Leaving three more for the base game plus three more DLC characters. Hoping to see at least Rock and Amy since I like using their styles for CaS characters, also hoping the total number of created characters will be bumped up to 100 or something.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

inthesto posted:

https://twitter.com/Kayane/status/1032305259547381762

Soul Calibur 6 kind of beefing it these past few days

Well that's the first bit of disappointing news for me. But I'll take that sacrifice if it helps the rest of the game. I hope the creator has some unique features for weird characters like Nightmare; IV was pretty good about that with some different arms and stuff, but V cut a lot of that down and peeps like Nightmare and Yoshimitsu couldn't even change their torso armor.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I remember that guy's name from an old leak, I guess this is the roster after all:

Mitsurugi
Seong Mi-na
Taki
Maxi
Voldo
Sophitia
Siegfried
Ivy
Kilik
Xianghua
Yoshimitsu
Nightmare
Astaroth
Inferno
Cervantes
Raphael
Talim
Tira
Zasalamel
Groh
Azwel
Geralt

22 characters in that list. There should be at least one more to reveal, two if Tira's space only appears after download (and assuming Inferno's space doesn't appear after unlock). I do remember early on hearing a rumor about Maxi having a boyfriend, which tracks with him having a "sword brother" on his pirate crew before Astaroth killed them.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

exquisite tea posted:

Velvet would be a solid guest character and her attacks would even translate pretty well to Soul Calibur, but seeing her depicted in a more realistic style would take some real getting used to.

Well, they don't have to make her more realistic...

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

mango sentinel posted:

I was gonna remark Cassandra would be like 12 or someshit if she were in the game but then I remembered Talim is in it already with her preteen titties out. :smith:

Cassandra would be 17 during SCI, same age as Tira in III/IV. For Talim I'm curious if they aged her up by a few years or if she'll just be present in the latter timeframe of the story mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Welp, I bit the bullet and made my first Games thread. We now have a dedicated spot for Soulcalibur discussion.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868996