Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Savage For The Winjun posted:

Gentlemen we are approaching the cusp of gougi. Fighting ex layer will be upon us in just a few short days

As it was posted, virtually no one is talking about this. I played a whole heck of a lot of Street Figher Ex plus Alpha on the PS1 with some friends, is the game going to play similar to that one? It's hard to gauge that from the gameplay videos I've seen. That said, I'm very bad a fighting games and according to the site they have a mode for bads like me that simplify the commands to pull off specials, so that's rad as heck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think they chose the wrong price point for the game. It's a niche fighter. The standard version should be 40 and the light 20. Then it'd stand out from all the major fighting games right now. There really isn't a big audience for that franchise.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seems kinda pointless to make a clothing destruction system when half the cast is in floss bikinis tbh

It makes me laugh. Ivy has like almost next-to-none clothing damage too. Everyone else looks like they just end up fighting in their undies at one point or another.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

If SNK doesn't make a new Samurai Shodown, that entire roster should show up in SCVI. Maybe some of the lesser known characters like the gender fluid swordsperson from V and VI.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Bummer. Hopefully the customization pieces are good enough to make the perfect or near-perfect facsimile of old alternate outfits.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

VI had a pretty big cast of characters. I liked it a lot, but I don't know if I'd call it a good or bad Samurai Shodown game.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Lethal League Blaze comes out on Steam next month, consoles next year: https://store.steampowered.com/app/553310/Lethal_League_Blaze/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sc-6GOrGNw

They got the Jet Set Radio guy to do the music.

Oh hell yes. Lethal League was a seriously underappreciated game. It was so good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Oh yeah. V had Sophitia's kids. One was an edgelord and the other was uguuuu I'm sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy >_<

Holy gently caress, that was bad.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm outraged myself. All this attention towards flopping bazongas is ridiculous. Yet there isn't any jiggling badonkadonks. What in the flying frig, Tecmo. Fix this!!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/status/1047884779214053376

It's safe! We can all calm down now! Those horrible SJWs haven't taken our bouncy boobies away! Our video games won't be censored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Considering how counters work in DOA, you need a block button.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Whoops, wrong thread. Dur

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 16, 2018

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm probably going to wait for the third of fourth release of DOA6 before I get it. It looks good but KoeiTecmo is going to do KoeiTecmo.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Played some Samurai Shodown here at PAX. It's rad as heck. Phone posting so I can't get detailed but it felt a lot like 2. Harsh punishes. Roster is big too.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Based off of those two matches, I really liked it. Felt like a Samurai Shodown game to me. Might not be to the liking of some, it took me a while to get in to Samurai Shodown 2. It's not masher friendly at all, it's the complete opposite of DoA. Heavy counter hits can take like upwards of a 1/3rd of your health bar off. Character specials seem to universally be half-circle motions, so don't expect to see a lot of those. The normal moves, at least with Genjuro whom I used, were a lot of standard fighting game motions. Dragon Punches, fireballs, ect. All looked really good and flashy - the visual style overall was incredibly strong and good.

If you're going to PAX I highly recommend you go check it out. The wait in line yesterday was like 5 minutes.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, that was pretty rad.

It's actually kind of bananas at how much more visually impressive the game is compared to KoF XIV.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

With any luck, the rest of the women characters will all have 10 inch heels on them. They're women and they only wear heels, after all. Nakoruru is immature and young, and not mature enough for heels. Also a legacy design, so she lucked out.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I rented DOA6 from Gamefly and it's alright. Not a fan of the critical stun R1 stuff, to be honest. Not sure why it takes half a super meter to counter that when that move itself doesn't cost anything, but whatever. That's just me being bad. I will say the way you unlock costumes and stuff has to be the most blatantly cynical thing I've ever seen. You get this dumb pattern trash and it is applied randomly to a costume of the character you are using (and it wasn't even that way at the beginning if I'm to understand right). Then on top of that, if you are so lucky to unlock the one you want, you then have to spend currency to unlock it.

I also noticed that women have like twice to three times as many costumes as the men and they cost just as much more. So when does Tecmo just give people one costumes and make the rest real-money purchases? DOA7? DOA6 Ultimate Final Round Fight Omega Edition? Gotta love this industry. DOA5 had like a thousand dollars or more in costume DLC and it had around or less costumes than Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'd love another Virtua Fighter. It's the one fighting game I really, really enjoyed but is total rubbish at despite my best efforts. Just something about it that just clicks with me. Had really fun character customization too, much like how Tekken does it. It was the only fighting game where I actively sought out to watch high-end play too because them players are sorcerers(esses).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

https://youtu.be/she_ozerZHU

The other animal-summoning Tekken mom was cooler.

Love that she's beating up on her son and husband in this video. A very Tekken way to showcase your new character.