Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
You know what game has a lot of throws?

Def Jam: Fight For New York.

It is also the best fighting game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dhamster posted:

If only Marvel could get into the fighting games business somehow. Hmm..

Contest of Champions is making money hand over fist so gently caress your tag system Capcom.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah pretty much, don't buy fighting games

fyp tia

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Endorph posted:

i mean, he's kind of right. not so much in that they're all super buff body builders or something but they are all kind of fronting? there's a lot of shittalking and egotism and such. Part of that is just it being a competitive environment but still, it's noticeable when you compare it to even other competitive games. If I had to guess I'd say it's a consequence of the fact that matches are one-on-one, quick, and you're sitting right next to the person you're playing against. There's no detachment from the fact that you're stomping a dude, nor is there anything stopping you from just throwing the gauntlet down.

And that's fun, mind, but it does kind of contribute to the environment where a dude can be enraged to the point of beating up a samba de amigo machine.

How would the FCG compare to competitive Madden, for instance? That's an instance of one on one and also played next to each other in a tournament setting, and a more fair comparison than FPS/MOBAs which have the team aspect.

I'd argue it's less the activity itself and more the urge of our stupid primate brains to beat our chests and prove we're the baddest motherfucker in the jungle, but I've got no academic research to back that up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Txn posted:

Xanadu is amazing. :allears:

I too look forward to Bath Salts Mr. Big

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'll tell you one place where you shouldn't beat your kid.

Street Fighter V.

Because it's child abuse to make them play that game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I bet that no more than half the number of people who registered for sfv show up, and next year sfv will be below four digits.

Melee will draw the most viewers by far, will be the main game next year, and be the only Sunday game in 2018. Also everything will run on time, Sonic (WITH CORRECT COLOR ARMS) will hand out juice boxes and animal crackers, and everyone will be really respectful of our needs and wants! :spergin:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Shiki Dan posted:

Even Mr. Wizard isn't greedy enough to think that it's worth putting up with the Melee community, all its baggage, and 100s of aging CRTs for much longer, right???

Melee will main event EVO 2017 after SFV's numbers drop by at least 90% and Smash 4 is removed from the roster. By 2019 EVO will be a Melee-only event and not even an important one at that.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MiniFoo posted:

almost anything is better than playing fighting games

fyp tia

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Munsun posted:

i used to play eddy then he turned into a girl, i also used to play raven and he turned into a girl. lemme know if you want me to turn any tekken characters into a girl

Marduk.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Munsun posted:

vf beat me too it, sorry

now that's what i call service

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't japan have a word for broken fighting games and a community that actively plays those games?

americans

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

oh that evo Japan list was fake

Can't have EVO without Best Game Melee.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

General Morden posted:

there are bombs in samsho

there's a bomb in sfv

it's in the sales charts

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
NHL '94 is a fighting game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Play Def Jam Fight for New York then you will truly understand what impact means

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

was there ever a true to arcade console port of st? maybe pc engine?

3DO?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Brosnan posted:

Put Akuma in you freaking buttholes

Put Akuma in all the games save SFV imo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Reiley posted:

There's lots of different games where two people hit each other until one falls down, what feature or quality draws you to the one you practice or play the most?

The part where you make Gretzky bleed.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

If there's a Marvel 4 there's a good chance there won't be any mutants in it.

From UMVC3 it wouldn't have:

-Deadpool
-Doom
-Magneto
-Phoenix
-Sentinel
-Storm
-Super-Skrull
-Wolverine
-X-23

If Marvel still wasn't budging on their "no promotion of IPs we don't own 100% of" stance.

I also don't think an MVC4 is happening as long as the iPhone fighting game is making money. Actually, make MVC4 just like that game and see the tears/money pile up.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

What do you think of that one guy whose character design is "fill the screen with literal black poo poo so nobody can see anything"

pretty racist thing to say about tj combo imo

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Real talk I really have no desire for a new MVC or even a Marvel/Disney fighting game. What I want is the enormous clash of properties that Disney Infinity should have been except that poo poo was so segregated you'd think the executive director was Jim Crow. I want to take my team of Groot/Mace Windu/Buzz Lightyear to fight Chris Berman on top of the Epcot Ball. Gimme some MUA/Future Fight poo poo and buy a new money press.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Fereydun posted:

i demand at least one nextwave character in marvel 4

More Elvis MODOK for everyone.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
gently caress it, I'ma try and figure out who Marvel would allow for UMVC4.

Start with the main six Avengers: Stark/Cap/Thor/Hulk/Hawkguy/Widow.

Add in Guardians: Starlord/Gamora/Drax/prob like a Rocket-Groot combo.

Strange is a lock, so's Black Panther and Spidey. We need more female characters, so Capt. Marvel. We need some villains, so Loki/Ultron/Dormammu/Ronan/Vulture/Thanos.

That puts you at 20, which is a start. If you wanted some DLC characters that might actually be from the comics/TV, go Kamala/Miles/Squirrel Girl/Coulson/Daisy/Ghost Rider/Daredevil/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/Jessica Jones.

30's probably the max considering you'd have to match with 30 from Capcom's side. In the end like four will be viable but that's Mahvel for you.

e- I forgot about Ant-Man/Yellowjacket and some of the other Guardian characters. You'd probably have a better chance of making a Marvel-only fighting game and throwing in like Akuma as DLC like Injustice, tbh.

C. Everett Koop fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Dec 1, 2016

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=225780228&postcount=4982

in case you don't feel like clicking, it's a compilation of all the rumors right now

quote:

Game will be trash
Source: Something Awful forums posters

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinitely Bad

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

Glad to know Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix is finally getting a sequel

COME PLAY MARRVEL FIGHTER, MY LORD

Gem Fighter's fun as long as you understand the game's as deep as a kiddie pool going into it.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Hey y'all check out my :krad: MVCInf1n1te team!!!!!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Plus all DLC content! minusmagnetoscostumethatkeepsgettingussued

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

It is dead. Every fighting game is dead. Especially the ones this thread hypes up.

dead gay games in a dead gay thread on a dead gay forum

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Booyah- posted:

it's pretty insane how badly they can gently caress up something like a characters hair series of games over and over

fyp

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'd be fine with all they're doing with infinite if I was playing it on my phone. But for what'll be a $60 console/Steam game? :lol: getthefuckouttahere

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Zand posted:

anyone saying anything nice about infinite is on the take

managed to sum up your post in 10 words thanks

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
i agree with capcom's decision to keep going backwards in terms of options and having the players need to make decisions.

in fact they should remove all the characters except for ryu, and instead of four/six buttons they should just leave players with two, that way they don't get confused and accidentally poo poo themselves instead of trying to do a combo. also you could make the buttons touch-sensitive since that's a big thing these days with like analog triggers or whatever buzzwords are out there these days.

also don't worry about special moves since that confused players, but leave them in as a hidden nod to the "hardcore fanbase" and make them really hard to execute but do a ton of damage if they hit.

and if two people want to play have the second player be the same as player one that way you don't have to worry about matchups and stuff.

to me that's the way of the future capcom, i expect this to be the primary gameplan by 2020.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I want T7 to be only the bears and the catgirl just to see how mad the fanbase gets.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Also needing to register as a sex offender in order to play the game counts as poverty.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dias posted:

Beautiful.

Crews might want to see a doctor about that, but yeah. Flawless.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

I think you'll all find that it's going to be a heady mix of SFxT and TvC.

alternate

"I wish I never see a game like SFxT or TvC ever again!" *Finger on monky's paw curls closed*

it'll just be the worst of both worlds!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

SFxT with bursts and giants confirmed

You haven't lived until you've seen two giants jab and run away from each other!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
lmao at capcom now going out of its way to ruin super turbo. this is further proof that capcom can only succeed by accident/in spite of itself.