Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

So someone said it as a throwaway joke like 5 pages ago but I was playing guilty gear and smash bros with some folks and a couple of them kept calling characters "champions" and I was screaming internally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I would want playable Chichi before Mr. Satan. There, I said it.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Endorph posted:

functions

I was waiting for this

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm kinda glad Ash is back but I really don't like the way he looks in 3D. Also they tried to make him do a hair twirl with his finger but the animation engine clearly isn't up to it and it just looks really goofy.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I don't know who the sleepy baby character is but I do know that their design is awful holy poo poo. Outfit looks like trash, hair looks like the world's worst wig, pillow is dumb. I hope they're top tier.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Not that I really remember Tsukihime but I thought that Nrvnqsr despite being a well known character in Melty is a minor early villain in the visual novel? Which would explain why he's not making a major appearance in the remake or in new Melty

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Blockhouse posted:

man every redesign in this game rules

He looks good in motion but I dunno, the move to 3D from 2D still hurts, his animation looks a lot more lifeless in this one. That's like... KoF in general and not specifically Ash.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Early 2000s wants their weakass comedy central Islamophobia joke back.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Anji's butterfly is much better oki in +R so you can make them wake up into butterfly and then go for Fuujin mix-up and try to loop them.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Does Satsuki actually have a non-metered command grab? The only thing I saw for her was a "grab" that was actually blockable and not a grab at all.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Every time I remember that Guilty Gear takes place on earth, just in the future, I giggle a lot. Just all this crazy nonsense and they expect me to believe that like, the united states exists here

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

b_d posted:

meaty garuda impact from the right distance clashes with a lot of reversals so it's easy for me to cancel into FD and punish. eventually the people i fight will catch onto this and be ready to cancel into something as well but i'm enjoying it while i can.

Be aware that if you get your garuda REALLY meaty and land it so only the tail 5 or so frames of garuda hit you can make it not clash with anything. I haven't gotten that down but if you have enough time to set it up it's a good thing to learn to do

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Why does this game have jojo clone high magic man.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

poe meater posted:

How strong are throws in melty blood? I know there are throw enders but that's about all I know.

Are there true grapplers?

Not really, there's like, Kouma who has a pretty good command throw and that's about it. Satsuki has a blockable "throw" and like a bigger one that costs meter but she's not really a grappler despite having grabby type moves. Like you do strike/throw poo poo for sure but throws don't seem as strong as they are in say, Guilty Gear, because everyone has an extremely fast 2A and most command throws seem to have a billion frames of startup and I'm not sure you can get big damage off of throws. Then again I'm bad at Melty so someone might correct me.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I played some Kouma in Melty against my friends and I guess there's some kind of throw invuln on wakeup or something? I absolutely could not command grab as oki without getting jabbed in the face or thrown out of my own grab.
extremely hosed up that I can't just pick the grappler and do basic bitch strike/throw 50/50s

Most fighting games have that. I dunno what it is in Melty but Strive has 5 frames of unthrowable on wakeup or block. Probably have to time it better, or do like 2A tick throw.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Endorph posted:

really like how melty feels. i dont think it needed autocombo but everything else about it feels like melty.

also if its like og melty all of kouma's 'command grabs' are blockable even in neutral, its not a wakeup thing

That's not true btw, in current code at least his command grab is a legit grab, you might be thinking of Satsuki?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Does anyone here know much about DBFZ? I think the thread is dead but I wanna pick up like baby's first good team but I don't know where to start. What's like, a good pick/pool to pick from to make a team with good point/assists?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

They will never patch out autocombo because it DOES have unique functionality, the second auto combo hit is a unique move that you can't get otherwise and is integral to some combo routes on some characters. I hate it too but the only option is to clean up your inputs and live with it, or quit because it's not leaving.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

TGLT posted:

I mean they don't have to remove them, just toss in a manual/auto switch on the character select screen or something. They might have to disable chaining A together infinitely for parity but otherwise it wouldn't be too disruptive.

You're missing that your rapid beat attack is literally an attack you can't do in any way except by triggering the auto combo and they have properties that are only on that move. Some characters use them as part of important combos. Even if they allowed you to turn them off people are going to be forced to keep them on because sometimes that move is key to your gameplay. It's woven in too deep to remove even if it's optional. It's extremely disruptive because taking it out means basically offering up an option to players that's like "here's the manual mode option that is actively shooting yourself in the foot but you might not know that because it's not something we can easily surface to you, the player, who might not even understand the combos system yet".

Edit: You can't put an option in the game that straight up takes a normal away from the player for convenience, that's just a super bad look, even if the alternative is a pain.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Hace posted:

who is it integral for

What, do you want me to go look up everyone's combo routes and look for every instance of rapid beat? I dunno, Kouma does like 5CC command grab as an ender or something in some of them. The point is it's a move people use how is that worth getting weirdly snarky about it? I already said I don't like autocombo either but it's pretty baked in and it's a bigger ask to take it out than people are making it out to be. Even if you put it on another button you've now opened up a DIFFERENT can of worms where now everyone can do that move off of any normal and not just off of rapid beat which changes up a bunch of poo poo. Probably not a huge deal but still impactful.

Even bigger question, does anyone really think they're gonna put time in for this? Like, autocombos are there for new players right? We're talking about stripping out a baked in part of the mechanics of the game even as an optional mode which actually makes this harder, not easier to implement, for the use case of like specifically players who are experienced enough and serious enough to want to do non-rapid beat combos but not quite experienced enough to have clean enough inputs to work with the autocombo system for optimal combos and/or are willing to sacrifice combo damage for convenience which is just... such a weird subset of players I really don't think it's worth development time. Maybe removed in Type Lumina Ultra or something, probably not patched in this version.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I just hate rapid beat because I can practice the same combo for an hour in training mode but the very instant I go online nothing I try to do comes out and I just flail like an idiot and inevitably drop a combo because I go for a special and instead I got rapid beat and they go flying across the screen and I lose all my damage. Also because my records got reset going into ranking this month or something because I was 0/0 going in and now i'm like 0/15 and melty blood is bad for my blood pressure. I have never landed a single combo online no matter how much I practice it. Also DP inputs are extremely picky but I can get tiger knee aerials like nobody's business even if I'm trying to stay grounded so that's fun.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

3 frames isn't that bad and it opens up with a spacing setup.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

wait what
does ST really have ToD throw "infinites"

Super Turbo is a very dumb game in a lot of ways and this is definitely one of them. There's also like, Vega walldive loops which I forget the reason why but I think they're unblockable without an invincible reversal and that might not even be possible because he fucks up your inputs with crossup stuff or something? I dunno ST has some extremely bizarre quirks.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

It'd be nice if there was another NRS game that didn't look and play like high res dogshit on every level.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah fatalities just aren't fun at all anymore. They're way, way too fuckin gross. Uppercutting someone's head off is cool. Crushing someone under an MK cabinet is cool. Graphically bisecting someone and lovingly rendering all their organs spilling out is not fun. (Ferra Torr throwing the rider through someone's chest like a javelin is pretty funny though). Also everyone's faces in Injustice look weird to me I don't know why but there's a distinctly uncanny valley to everyone's expressions that would have been mitigated by a more cartoony, comic book aesthetic than what we got

Also NRS games play like everyone's a loving robot why is the combat so stiff and clunky. It's like I'm playing rock em sock em robots but with horrifically oppressive zoning and extremely questionable balance. Everyone still moves like it's MK1. Also I know they're making up for characters that were terrible digitized actors but character design in MK is bad everyone looks stupid.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah basically. As my friend who got me into Guilty Gear for the first time that you're not a GG player unless your character is the only honest and fair one in the game and everyone else is absolute scum.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Gologle posted:

I still haven't made up my mind over whether May is an actual Dolphin Summoner or if the dolphins are, like, abstractions of her fighting spirit

I mean the discovery of magic is a significant historical event in guilty gear so literally summoning dolphins is not out of the question.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

But GADGETO FINGA. Seriously I give up a lot for Potemkin to get a move like that. I mean I guess we have garuda impact but it's not quite the same as having a Vortex Button. Magnetism is also a really cool feature.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah, but gadget finger can convert off of stuff that isn't a hard knockdown including literally just picking people up out of the air and setting them into +3 instead of letting them land and tech.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I hope she gets guard cancels again and they make her boobs even bigger just to make people mad

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I never played SF5 but it's bad because Makoto isn't in it that's it that's my take.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I still have never played SFV and don't know how Juri plays in EITHER game really but I think her design in the new one is way worse than the way she looked in IV

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

skipmyseashells posted:

that’s because she has obnoxiously big feet and hands in 5

No it's because I think her skintight anime boob ninja outfit looks dumb I liked the poofy pants more.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Every new character in 4 was infinitely more interesting than the D-Lister returning from 2 Squad.

Makoto needs to be in more games because she's a zippy little monster who just doesn't handle like anyone else in the game.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm aware, but the D lister returning from 2 squad is extremely small because there's not that many characters so I assumed that included returning from 3 but if not I guess I'll agree that C. Viper is better than like... Dee Jay.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I don't know why everyone's saying every leak was wrong, there was literally a datamine that suggested every character announced so far including Baiken. There were definitely some wrong ones though.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I only hate that the type lumina autocombos are easy to do on accident and it makes learning combos really frustrating for me. I know it's just like, clean up your inputs and it's because I mash to make links but I feel like I accidentally get my launcher all the time and for Kouma specifically he gets like, no oki after so it sucks rear end to accidentally do the lose your turn combo because I tapped B one time too many when in another game it just wouldn't come out instead.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm fine with counterpicking but I hate when people get to counter pick AFTER seeing what you picked or dodge. Change on a rematch sure, but Strive's tower poo poo sucks.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I don't think DMC is as bad as people say outside of the writing which was... Painful. But 5 is way better like drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I dunno if this is a good place to ask but the corners are hosed up on my stick (stock Razer Panthera EVO) and I dunno what to do about it outside of like... buy a new stick. I thought I saw something online about PCB replacement to fix it but I wanted to check before trying something like that. You can see the issue here: https://streamable.com/syuu5e. I'm just inputting 3, 1, 7, 9 with a punch in between and you can see the up angles are wiggly or not catching the diagonal. It's kinda random what corners are hosed and I can sometimes get the right input if I REALLY jam it in there but it's kinda impossible to play like this. Any advice?