Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

With guest character Riddick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

doa6 is a better game than sfv

I'm really sad its not taken more seriously. DoA has a great feel and a nice twink cool looking characters.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Shinji2015 posted:

Seeing all the confused reactions to the trailer is pretty funny, too, like this is some new concept for SF. Hell, wasn't part of the reason Dictator kept Cammy around was to use her as a backup body in case something happened to him?

I think he actually did bodyjack her between alpha 3 and sf 2. Also this dynamic is why Cammy has a Dictator alternate costume in both IV and V.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Mr.Flibble posted:

I have to be a nerd and correct you here, It was actually Rose he bodyjacked due to the fact the she possesses/is the good part of his soul he purged from himself when he went full evil.
https://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters3/rose-bisoncap.jpg

They retconned that since the last time I looked then. Cause I remember one of the older art books having art of Cammy with Dictators cap sitting on his throne.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm kind of sad and happy that Seth's new design really appeals to me. Like it's not really super unique or anything, but for some reason I enjoy it more than BIG BLUE MUSCLE MAN

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

chumbler posted:

The Kill La Kill game seemed to have at least a bit of thought put into its mechanics, for an anime tie in game.

There were small scale tournaments for that too when it came out... before it went the route of that Jojo fighting game for the ps3.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Chev posted:

Some people were complaining two character designs have been made less horny through the addition of short shorts, but it turns out all you need to do is complete story mode to unlock the original designs:
https://twitter.com/Num6ers/status/1225186418848227328

good. cant own people online if I'm not horny at the same time.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

punk rebel ecks posted:

I don't care if I sound like a "SJW". I think it's incredibly stupid that top ranking female warriors fight in their underwear. Not only is it usually bad design, but it almost never makes sense in said fantasy world.

To be honest, there are male characters in Granblue who fight in their swimming trunks, fundoshis, haltertops etc. Granblue is just pretty horny and silly in general.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm probably really stupid and this will be a stupid question.

I played a little VF5 in the Japanese arcades and mechanics-wise it reminded me a lot of DOA 6 (the only DOA I played for more than 5 minutes). They felt really similar in the way moves impact and how you can perform combos. How accurate is that impression?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

What's the heaviest material anyone has ever seen for a fight stick?

Has anyone ever made a stick body in cast concrete? Or 2" of high grade still with holes milled out for the controls?

Gonna make a stick out of depleted uranium.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Garou is only 2 bucks at Gog right now. Decided to get it, since I remember playing it ages ago and enjoying myself. And as usual, I have trouble picking a main since the cast all looks dope. Trying out Kevin for now, since he seems kinda my playstyle.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Does Capcom have a gacha game? Cause I can totally see them doing a vs event for something like that.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Sucks to hear that about Granblue. Its a game I've been looking forward to, but I also have zero local scene around me so I'm depending on online to get myself to somewhat tourney-capable level. But it sounds like that's not gonna happen here.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Tae posted:

Harp basically just means "instrument" They range from violins to Guitars to big rear end horns larger than their bodies

Aoidos should be in Granblue Versus with an exact copy of I-No's moveset.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Another super where the character just shoots a beam out of their weapon instead of using it to do something cool.

Well to be honest, she is a Gundam...

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

Put in Lamretta

Have her play like Lei's drunken stance

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/playkofallstar/status/1257883027469828096

Well this is a thing I guess

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/1258020173539414017

I am now excited for Mortal Kombat 11, where before I was only slightly interested in picking it up.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Barudak posted:

I want a fighting game where their are two announcers like sports commentary just non stop going for it. Like "He jabs, confirms into carnage scissors, and-" <other announcer suddenly blares out> "BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURST"

Ideally they hire two south american football announcers

Just like in the PS2 Smackdown game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L5jYa7LYT8

"RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE... vs!... CARL CLOVER! They will be fighting in... IKARUGA! RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE just clobbered... CARL CLOVER. CARNAGE SCISSORS! CARNAGE SCISSORS! CARNAGE SCISSORS!"

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://twitter.com/spiderslash/status/1261165431253020672

The WWE event in KOF All Stars is really wild

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Also they don't have any actual voice clips. All their actions are narrated by Michael Cole in what sounds like reused audio from the other WWE games.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I respect the guy for his skills, but don't really care much about his annoying (online) personality. Still blows my mind how so many people he pisses off, though.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Since SFV takes place before III, it wouldn't surprise if instead of Makoto we got Makoto's dad. Dadoto.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Its absolute trash, but I grew up on Shadow Fighter and will love it forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n1RRM7H3YE

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

None of that is what happened, they were literally just talking about toning down the boob jiggle, which they did (im pretty sure do6 doesnt have the boob bounce slider thst lets you crank it all the way up to 'physics error') anyway, plus a few of the default costumes

People on both sides just made up whatever they wanted to, not helped by the fact that everyone just decided that doa was unwelcoming of women, apropos of no evidence

Most hilarious thing was MrWizard coming out and saying that the DoA6 ad that aired during Evo Japan "Didn't reflect our core values" and they pulled the stream until it ended. Then MarkMan came out to apologize for it, so you get the impression some heavy poo poo was being shown since they pulled it on a platform that also advertises stuff like MK11. Then you look at what was being shown and its just extremely light sex-tinged humor that in no way warranted such an response.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Putting a For Honor guest character in this year of our lord 2020 would be a weird move, even for SNK

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Gavok posted:

Anyone have $500 I can have? There's something I need to get.

This'd go well with the Rise of Robots novel I drunkenly got off Amazon for like 3 bucks

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Chev posted:

I got one the other day! An aquaintance sent it to me after hearing I was collecting RotR stuff. I'd already read the digital version included on the Rise 2 director's cut, mind you.

RotR's a very handy fandom to be a collector for because everything's just a couple bucks (apart maybe from the arcade prototype). I bet if someone tracked down who ended up with the rights after Acclaim's demise it'd turn out even the IP could be bought for a nickel becaue no one's interested in it.

Yeah, I mean I only bought it due to both a morbid curiousity with what kind of novel this is gonna be and a fascination with the series. I remember so many magazines talking about it as a kid, then it came out and just absolutely cratered. Like a nuclear explosion went off, ruining everything associated with it for ages to come.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
How hasn't SNK teamed up with Team Ninja to bring Nioh's William into SamSho yet?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I have zero problems with T7 netcode in the arcades and I'm playing that poo poo every day whenever I'm in Japan. The worst experience I had there is the cabinet crashed when I picked a character and had to force reboot itself.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm a complete newbie but I've been having some success with the 2000 version of the Red Frame. Its very good at closing distances with its command dash and does decent melee damage.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Where's Arcsys Baki

Closest you're gonna get to a Baki fighter is the Garouden ps2 game, based on the manga from the same guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHe4QqdOIyA

Its actually pretty sick, wish it was more popular

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Still not gonna play SF5 seriously, but as a big Rival Schools fan I'm down for Akira

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'm starting to get the idea that Capcom doesn't really know what to do with its fighting games.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
SF VI: Actually This Is Just MUGEN You Guys Figure It Out And Buy Our DLC

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Ono messing SF6 up so bad he got demoted and caused the game to get pushed back for years is kind of hilarious. Not really sure why he thought SF EX 4 was where street fighter needed to go next though. Hey if the rebooted SF6 isn't slow and boring as poo poo like 5 then maybe I'll try it. Let's hope whoever is in charge now doesn't just decide to make SF5 2.0 since that would be a lot easier than coming up with an actual new and good concept. It feels like all the talent at Capcom is in the Monster Hunter and RE teams now.

Its kinda telling that RE, MonHun, DMC are having amazing years and then there's SF flailing wildly and not doing anything really impressive.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Its expensive, I don't have room for it, I'll be moving countries and can't afford to have a ton of stuff to move with..... but I still want it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

Ryu fight good so Bison want to, variously, mind control or possess him.

But Bison only wants to possess girls like Cammy or Rose (depending on the canon), so that can't be right... unless....

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Excellent Adventures going in bold new directions I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

“I’m gonna beat everyone using one button.”

*pushes the ventilator switch to OFF*

*Mike Ross sitting next to the bed, looking at the nurses like*

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AgonizingPitifulGalapagosalbatross-mobile.mp4