Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I still have no idea what's going on with akumas hair

Does he have like a super neck beard or something

Who approved the design

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

skit herre posted:

so what do you think of this as a affordable non-stick solution for pc games?

I just it. It's good.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trykt posted:

Anyone have any suggestions for how to remove this red sealer gunk from the screws inside my TE?

I was able to peel it off with my fingernail pretty easily on the normal size screws.

don't try to force a screwdriver through it it when unscrewing something. I actually stripped a tiny screw (on the turbo pcb) because of that red stuff. I ended up using a razor blade to get them out of the tiny screws.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Trykt posted:

Thanks for the tips everyone, through a thoroughly tedious combination of scraping and unscrewing I got them all out. I gutted the insides of the stick and my universal board is now set up and mostly working (having an issue getting the firmware update process to work)!

I just put a universal fighting board in my TE too. Just have to dig out my dremel for the USB cable hole.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

weird issue with my arcade cab pc- UMVC3 on steam just crashes every time i try to launch it. Runs fine on my other PC. Both are Win 10.

i've reinstalled it on multiple drives and the same thing occurs. AMD drivers and windows up to date. anyone have any ideas on what else I should be looking at?

Not seeing much on the steam forums of course. SFV runs full speed at max settings, just surprised by the weirdness with umvc3.

Try a borderless window tool maybe. It might be trying to launch at a resolution completely different from your monitor.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Rev is cross platform play right?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
It also had the best character select screen music in any game ever

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

2017: im dropping SFV for TEKKEN 7
2018: im dropping MVCI for DBZ fighter

Are u me?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

darealkooky posted:

this is why i've always wanted jump vs capcom. doom's MVC moveset of flying around the screen punching people and shooting lasers would be a perfect fit for goku & you could otherwise repurpose all the cooler marvel characters as anime dudes that don't have movie deals they need to promote

Yea remember when goku shot dudes with a gun in the air

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

canoshiz posted:

Yo I just bought this loving enclosure from http://allfightsticks.com and it's actually super sick. Highly recommend, it's all metal and weighs a goddamn ton. They're fully customizable with a bunch of different layouts (even hitboxes for you weirdos out there). Really high build quality and the guy that runs the business is top notch in terms of service.

Excuse the messy bed:

How long did it take to ship?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've seen James Chen cry at the end of a fighting game tournament so his opinion means nothing really.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ultramega posted:

Lol which ones

He cried on stream at the end of Evo lol.

also

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seraphinent posted:

I've been playing street fighter 5 as really my first fighting game on and off since release and have taken a break from the genre but keen to give another fighting game a shot.

Currently bouncing between Tekken and Guilty Gear being the two obvious contenders. Keeping in mind I only have access to PC right now (and live in north America).

Someone sell me the sizzle on what I should give the first shot at.

In sf5 I really enjoyed playing Mika, Karin and the oki game and less of the jumpy air game. I also don't really care too much about the style of each game they both look rad to me.

Tekken. You get to play dress up.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

troofs posted:

Are there any decent sticks out there that are the size of the old hori EX2? I'm in the market for a stick but a lot of the current ones I've tried are so huge they feel like a snowboard in my lap, except for the hori mini which is way too small.

The tek innovations case is about that size if you don't mind putting a stick together yourself. The cost of the case and parts would come out to about the same as a good retail stick.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tek innovations owns and art is a cool dude

Yeah its a good case. Very happy with it. I managed to stick a Fanta in there cause I had trouble drilling through the metal plate on the TE. The plexi was no issue though. My only gripe with it were the edges, I had to sand them down and round them a bit cause they were hurting my wrists.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

Does Brook Universal PS4 PCB require soldering or is it easy to install?

https://www.focusattack.com/brook-universal-fighting-board-with-headers/

no soldering. just have a tiny screwdriver, like the ones you repair eyeglasses with. size 1 I think.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

Thanks. Also, is it compatible with the PS4 touchpad?

I dunno. I only have it connected to 8 buttons and a stick. Don't need no fancy touchpad

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I hope whoever gets this uses it during the finals of a major tournament and the whole fgc collectively shits themselves

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

um, just enter into a partnership with the game's company to license the entire broadcasting rights of your tournament including 100% of the ad revenue from stream and the ability to use the footage, idiot. duh.

it happened during the SEA 2017 Tekken tournament, which is a Tekken major and was hosted on the official Tekken twitch channel lmao

they had to switch out PS4's cause the one on the main stage didn't have eliza.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

There's nowhere for the community to move on to. There's Tekken and that's it.

Also I'm pretty sure Tekken 7 is the most played fighter on Steam right now.

Also considering it only released this past summer outside of Asia, it’ll be pretty popular for a while.

I do like the fact they threw in all the cutscenes from all the previous games. So u can see just how fuckin clown shoes everything is.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Tekken 7 is good

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Renoistic posted:

Any SP mode that isn't mission mode from Soul Calibur is garbage. Unless you're into online playing no fighting games are worth the effort IMHO, even if Injustice 2 is better than most in that regard.

Have the loading times in T7 improved or are they still ludicrous?

Pc good

PS4 bad

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Skullomania

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
So all the people that have stones are going to be at like a final tournament? I need to see that clusterfuck

People gonna get heated lol

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

the guy from that old mvc3 vid who cried after losing went on to win mvci at the same event this year. rags to riches

Which side did he play on tho???

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Schneider Heim posted:

I started playing Tekken 7 on the PC and, um, the Story Mode is nuts. Is there anything nice you get out of it? I really like playing dress-up on my characters. Also, what's the most efficient way to farm gold?

story mode just gets you money and custom profile stuff, no dress up stuff.

play treasure mode for money and dress up.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Futuresight posted:

Watching Tekken 7 finals would be infinitely more varied and interesting if Saint played more characters.

He whips out eddy every once in a while. But I agree, the jacks are getting boring.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
*nasaly voice*

In-just-rear end

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

tek innovations and jansens are both top notch

I can vouch for allfightsticks. I have 2 cases from them and they’re great. He’ll also do custom poo poo if you message him over fb.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

TFRazorsaw posted:

Street Fighter II x Transformers figures coming.

why

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

DoubleDonut posted:

do any fighting game characters have more ordinary names than Steve and Bob

Ken
Johnny
Arthur

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrJacobs posted:

Thats awesome though, actually keeps each revision fresh instead of "Why the gently caress isn't this just DLC?"

Nah, it’s poo poo. Kinda like if they change a charge character like Vega to a motion charcter.....

Oh.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

anothergod posted:

CvS2 is my jam. When 3rd Strike and MvC2 came out on PS3, I was hoping CvS2 would be next. I'm... very tempted to connect the PS3 back up to play it again today.

It’s on ps3. No online tho.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
sakura, blanka, sagat, cody, and another dude announced for sf5

hmmmm.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keegers posted:

If you don't care about playing on xbone or PS4 pick up an older console generation stick

Be aware, the first gen TE's didn't work with most PC's. I had to buy a separate PCIe USB card for it to work.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrJacobs posted:

360 ones totally worked due to native support, the PS3 ones had issues IIRC.

yea, ps3 ones did.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think u have the wrong thread. This one is for fighting games.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
The tek innovations is a good case but fair warning; if you rest your hands in the edge of the case it’s really sharp. Look into weather stripping or rounding off the edges. I got tired of it after a year and ended up getting an allfightsticks case. Two in fact, one for a Korean stick and one for Japanese parts.

Once you use an extended layout you’ll never go back.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

40-Degree Day posted:

Nah, it's been switched to Ps4 mode for weeks. It did the same thing in PC mode when I tried to play a SHMUP on my PC after I got it. I moved it from my desk to my lap and it disconnected.

open it up and see if anything is loose.

if something came off the pcb you're better off sending it back unless you can solder.

looking at the internals it looks like its all plug in stuff. check all the wires to make sure they're connected on both ends.

most likely
VVV

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Constellation I posted:

Just as an FYI, the SRK forums are getting shut down end of this month. The only thing of value there was Tech Talk for building sticks and poo poo but yeah, kinda interesting I guess. Oh and archived poo poo talk I guess

drat I been in there for like 15 years.

Mostly tech talk tho. The rest of the forums is pretty garbage.