Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the best control method is the one you put effort into learning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

whatever smash has it's own thread it doesn't need to come up here unless it's related to whatever conversation/debate has come up in which case it's status as a fighting game is unimportant look just let brosnan have this he needs it he likes 3d fighting games

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's a collection of incredibly funny very very stupid things that took place in competitive video games, mostly fighting games.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i am digging the fireball spam custom combos

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I think some of the match footage there isn't actually playing at full speed. Like the color footage seems to be going a little bit slow. Not 100% sure tho, anyone have a clue?

looks like it's just the first two or three matches that are a little slow.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 20, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

<3 saturday night slam masters

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

they hired capcom to do the port

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is that like just spamming jH (in older gg games) with slayer against bad players?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

One of the characters in that is a lady in a dress with a stabby sword I like a bunch of these things

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Was thinking more like that Orie lady.

Also Charlotte and Mitsuru are cool as heck

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

They probably don't want to mention PC xrd until after the console release.

Steam xrd didn't sell great (but it also didn't really cost them dick to do), so they might be worried about early PC sales hurting console sales sometimes look arcsys is good but they are still a japanese company with the sort of weird ideas about capitalism that often entails

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I've never seen total sales or console sales for -sign-, just steam sales.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I like 3s and think it is fun but it's super duper not a street fighter game

play super turbo, hyper fighting, or alpha 2(it's the least bad of the alpha games, and the last "good" street fighter game despite the alpha series being were these games started getting crappy)

just don't expect to do well without lots and lots of effort

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

BattleHamster posted:

One thing I never understood about these pictures is that they assume the height and width of the octagonal and circular gates is the same as the square gate. However, since you aren't messing around with the microswitch size, it seems like you could just make the octagonal and circular gates larger (ie. have them match the diagonal height and width of the square gate) and reach something much closer to the 11% you get on the square gate. In fact, looking at Sanwa's octagonal restrictor gate, this seems to be exactly what they do.

Am I missing something here?

even if that was possible, being able to quickly find, and easily remain in the diagonals is too important for fighting games, as opposed to finding the cardinals, that it's simply not worth using anything but the square gate.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and like, that's the first and biggest mistake everyone who thinks about getting an octogate makes. Thinking the cardinal directions are the important ones, or even as important as the diagonals.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is there any muay thai dudes or karate dudes in the game i like those kinds of dudes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

is joe in 14?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there are a lot of loving chracters i'm having a lot of trouble keeping this stuff straight

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

there are metal slug people too

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh poo poo nevermind i thought ralf and carl were from metal slug

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i want more shamsho characters

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

There's supposedly a new Samurai Shodown in the works for next year

be still my beating heart

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it was a good looking game, but the thing is, looking good doesn't have jack or poo poo or gently caress or all to do with a fighting game being good or not

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

hmm... you must have ripped your arcade board wrong, or it was the wrong arcade board

this is assuming of course you are doing this legally, we can't and shouldn't talk about any of the illegal methods here as it is both against the forum rules and immoral.

Oh, I hope you didn't unzip that ROM file you obtained from your own arcade board that you own.

NecroMonster fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 26, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

always be buffering in those parrys!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i like the art and the attitude of this even if it's probably utter garbage that never actually sees the light of day

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

just because disney infinity did well and was good doesn't mean that developing their own games is really the right way to go, besides, disney seemed either unwilling or unprepared to produce games in the genres that super hero games generally occupy.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

marvel vs arcsys

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mvc3 wasn't Bad and was made by Capcom proper rather than DIMPS, and most of mvc3's problems wouldn't be super hard to fix either.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

Wasnt MvC3 made by Eighting?

oh poo poo yeah, you're right

~i am tired~

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

An obsession with accessibility isn't a bad thing, it's just that Capcom (at least on the street fighter side of things) doesn't seem to know how to actually approach accessibility in the first place.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

riot buys the license and sets their newly acquired fighting game people to the task of producing a really lovely fighting game

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

if the poo poo don't have capcom on the tin i ain't swallowing it

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Well they could, but Xrd sort of relies on having something like five or six sets of vertex co-ordinates for each model (so effectively five to six models for each model), a poo poo ton of model swaps (each model swap also needs multiple sets of vertex co-ordinates), and a custom vertex animation for basically every keyframe of animation, along with the armature animations, and oh yeah the armatures have on the order of 400-600 bones.

The only real advantage of what Arksys are doing is that it looks really really good and relies on very very very few resolution dependent resources.

An Xrd characters animations (the model(s) + the rig + the animations) take longer to complete than a blazblue character (which are done virtually the same way kof 13 sprites were done, only with much smaller character color pallets)

No company is going to do what Arksys did with Xrd, because it requires complete and total insanity.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he's a different kind of insane weirdo clearly

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the hd remix backgrounds are just loving awful is his point

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mvc3 is an ok game and if they removed xfactor, xchange attacks (or whatever they are loving called) and changed the meter cost of a couple of supers around (I can think of one that cost 1 that needs to be 2 and one that costs 3 that needs to be 2), and put she-hulk back to how she was in vanilla it'd be close to a great game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that is hardly the entirety of the game, in fact, that isn't very much at all.

and you'd still need to do some hit box and character origin point tweeks and probably kill tag combos dead too and it'd be pretty great.

it's really got nothing wrong with it on the level of sfv.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

change the main comeback mechanic of the game, the main combo mechanic of the game, and a bunch of hitboxes and meter costs/meter building costs of the game and it would be great

I know that because MVC3 is faster and harder to get into than SF4 it's supposed to be the newer game we're all behind but it's more unbalanced garbage than SF4 AND SF5. gently caress, SG is a better Vs. game than MVC3. If we're going about how Capcom sucks now, that game does not get a pass.

lmao and also add blanka to the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

air exchanges and x-factors are far too deeply imbedendendahahahahahahaha