Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
capcom making GBS threads the bed? who couldve seen this coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

I mean, say what you will about SF4 or MvC3's faults (and there are many) but in the end those are now beloved games in the FGC despite the doom-and-gloom prognostications they recieved before (and after) launch

people would rather play a bad game than a really bad gam,e

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
finally the artifical barrier of execution has been removed and i can yolo salty pringles my way to victory thanks again to capcom for rising up and making another life changing fighting game.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

S.J. posted:

Lmao at "worthwhile". Pretty much nobody who posts here is or will ever be worthwhile. Who cares if max is getting people in who can win evo.

ive made several kof top8s

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

SectumSempra posted:

I think sonicfox makes flat out the most of the fighting game players in lump sum at least, and even he just kinda streams with no commentary IIRC.

In general most esports players get spurts of money and what they do from there with it is what makes or breaks them.
Usually the streamers who make the money, as you said, do one of 2 things, have a huge following already, play every single game possible and have a shtick.
Like that lifecoach guy invested super well but I'm not sure he counts because he invested poker money.
Lirik basically has a 9-5 thats streaming whatever.
MoonMoon plays overwatch for god knows how many hows a day.

xiaohai gets arteezy numbers streaming ft15s in kof2000 on doyou

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
your boy is on the mic for chombo breaker top 24 kof

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
dad fighter 14 numbers are worse than dad fighter 13s final year

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

In Training posted:

I used Taki in SCII. Because she had huge boobs and I was 10

Nice. Hey, thats nice.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
if there is a character with loud chinese screaming, thats who i pick.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
its not a throw. but it beats block and loses to buttons.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

Why doesn't the Brazilian FGC care much about the newer KOF games?

because they are too busy rising up with mega drives and atari jaguars to pay attention

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

burger time posted:

14 is a good and fun game, but it's weird - it's really easy to get competent at if you're decent at fighting games but if you're kinda bad it's so difficult for some reason. More so than sf games or anime. "I have to learn THREE characters!?"

its very easy to get your but whole opened up by a good player

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

he1ixx posted:

I'm curious about why the fg experts all knock it though. What about it is bad? Net code? The DLC structure? It *looks* neato.

everyone is just jealous they cant rise up like they thought they could.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
hell, not everyone may not have immediate access to Ed! but that doesnt tarnish the reputation of 2017's most exciting esports fighter

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

In Training posted:

The character designs in ARMS are cool

theres one with bobos and a big but

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

In Training posted:

Lol. gently caress Evo

it would be nice as ice to find out that Joeseph "Mr. Wizard" Cuellar died of murder from a gun bullet to the head.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah it's kind of like "charge but you don't have to charge". His dp uses the same meter, so of you throw a fireball you can't dp afterwards for like 60 frames or so

Sounds extremwly exciting and fun to play.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
Sirlin Studios PresentS Recovery Frames: The Meter

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

anime was right posted:

geese fell off a tower on purpose and lived, bitch

it was his kagemusha.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

This is reminding me that fighting games have an accessibility problem and that's a bad thing.

theres tons of tutorials for ledge guardies on youtube my friend.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I see your point. But I would like to stress one thing - I've never felt like I've had all the answers, and my frustration comes from the fact that many of these games feel designed in a way that makes getting there feel like it's more difficult than it should be.

I'll see what I can pick up. I'm sorry I spoke of things so bluntly. It's just frustrating, especially when some people effectively gave me the reply of "you should just try harder".

you should stop trying and wait for the day your train comes in.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

anime was right posted:

theres only 2 cool things in marvel infinite and thats the char switch mechanic and the space box

spiper man web throw resets are back

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i forgot about raven he's an even bigger dingus, he's probably really into mushroomhead and puya

meanwhile, capcom gives us such great hits as jojos bizarre adventure protagonist, jojos bizarre adventure antagonist, and jojos bizarre adventure supporting character

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
i for one wish i could pre order tje season pass for mvci already. get it yogether capcom!

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

CharlestonJew posted:

Is anyone else going to DTN this weekend? This will be my very first fighting game event that I go to and I am very nervous/excited

im playing kof there.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

dhamster posted:

nidhogg is a pretty good couch fg for babbies

its extremely punishing, rweards patience and consistentcy. so the opposite of what you said

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
please enter the Defend The North Kof14 bracket, so that i will have to play more than one match to get into top 8. By

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Keegers posted:

Itll be interesting to play a human in fantasy strike, because matches against bots devolved into skill spam.

guess what: when you play people in fighting games they just spam cheap finger puzzles at you that you cant spam back. its seriously stupid.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
i 2-0d pachu and popped off very hard and very fast

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
me nods.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
getting to winners finals at a major and placing 3rd is some suicide watch poo poo.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

even with the cheap finger puzzles removed there's still nothing i could do...

this world, is a corrupt world.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Reiley posted:

Who is the "cheapest" fighting game character archetype?

spammers. Le sigh

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

Sorbocules posted:

I probably didn't get my point across properly, but it wasn't about me trying to call fighting games bad about any of the things I mentioned (at least, not intentionally), just that they were things that I call barriers for new and inexperienced players, and when Sirlin says "I'm breaking down the barriers to make the gateway game" then I'm going to call him out on it if the barriers are just as big as ever, or if he half-asses the solution. Basically, there was nothing in fantasy strike that isn't done better by guilty gear's tutorials, just it doesn't have anyone claiming "gateway game".

Like I brought up the fighter archetypes because he just plops those down without explanation, and expects the new player to stop and look it up, or ask their friend on the couch if there is one. But that information is best learned by just picking a character and seeing them in action rather than "oh, well this guy is this archetype", because the new guy doesn't know the archetypes by name.

my point on that was if you have a friend who never played a fighting game before with you on your couch, would you say "character A is a zoner" or would you say "character A throws projectiles/uses knockback moves to control the field and maintain a certain distance"? Because the game does the first, when the 2nd is much closer to what the new player actually needs to know, and most people wouldn't and couldn't give their new friend on the couch a list of archetypes crosschecked by how well a character fits into them, or wait for the friend to google it.

they ccould google it on their phone you schween.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
gah! forgot mobile keyboards are full of finger puzzles. apologies

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

anime was right posted:

Almost every good fg player i know had people of equal skill to learn the game with bc it was mutuallu enjoyable as they learned stuff without thinking about it too hard

i just got my poo poo pushed in for several years nonstop.

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009
the faster you accept that youll start as the dumb bitch that always goes 0-2 and nobody remembers, the faster youll improve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The KoRn Identity
Apr 9, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

For top four the rule is that the even numbers are sad

1st is happy, he won
2nd is sad, he didn't get first
3rd is happy, at least he placed in the money
4th is sad, he didn't get in the money

That said yeah getting third from winner's finals is definitely rough, as is getting downloaded in gf from winners by a guy you put into losers in the first place

the download is sleep paralysis level of terror