Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSCkNT7I44

me practicing for evo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Pachislot isn't profitable anymore because of Japanese gambling reforms. There's a reason why SNK left the Patchislot market. Konami hosed themselves by going full pachinko like a month before it happened
yeah, seeing those gambling reforms immediately after konami burned every bridge in the world was the funniest poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's heavily taxed and regulated now, which means there's less money in it. It'll still be an industry, but you can't just slap game footage onto a pachislot machine and turn a profit.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

Aren't normal throws in Melty Blood poo poo?
to be fair 95% of melty blood takes place in the air

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

inthesto posted:

IIRC throw range in Vampire Savior is incredibly short
dmitri's gameplan is like 30% 'dash throw'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training posted:

Does it have air grabs? Because air grabs are the coolest move in all of FGs
literally every melty blood combo ends in an airthrow

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgLfnwjjEQ

count the airthrows in this video

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

General Morden posted:

is melty blood a yuritopia
i mean riesbyfe asks girls out for coffee after she beats them

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

michael owns. sokodarou.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

General Morden posted:

i bet that koihime fg on steam is a yuritopia
i very much doubt it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's good if you like hitting a single button to do sonic boom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

for a second i thought thosel ast two psots were about kof, lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anothergod posted:

To be honest, I'm not worried about readability in motion
this game is going to be rear end

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean, with characters that big, you'd be able to read them pretty easily

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

honestly when you lay it all out like that it sounds pretty bad but like 80% of those things in the glossary are just about meter, and the meter in mb is something you can figure out with five minutes of play

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

baiken is in revelator cutscenes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also zappa with a new outfit i think?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when will they add anji and his guard points

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

when is revalator out, my new "arcade cabinet" is gonna be delivered next week and i need more games for it

also was there ever a soul calibur 1 port for ps3? thanks to PS+ i've got a ton of fighting games already downloaded on it, but that's def a glaring omission

i skipped way too many college classes when i first started because they had a soul blade machine in the student center
there was a soul calibur 1 port for 360, a sc2 port for ps3, but no soul blade/edge port. that said the ps3 can play ps1 discs, and you can get a copy of ps1 soul blade on ebay for like 10 bucks + shipping

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if you're releasing on steam as your only platform then you're competing with literally 10000 other games at prety much every budget and price point imaginable. even in the niche market of 4 player local games, there's glitchrunners, helldivers, magicka, speedrunners, and lethal league off the top of my head. why would someone buy your poo poo-looking game that you refuse to improve in any way over those other games that are actually decent and were made by people with some degree of competence in what they're doing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

Speaking of readability, is it just tradition for every Arcsys game to have one stage that's almost entirely red?
just like how every french bread game has five different church stages

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anime, synthesized violins, and girls all own

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqPK4BqjeU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tell that dude about the exciting Panty Switching technology in revelator

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

didn't princess peach teach this thing how to love

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not as big as this, 0/10

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe this time the animations will have actual impact

no?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

S.J. posted:

No, they will never add hitstop or satisfying on-hit sound effects
it'd also help if the attacks had actual weight to them instead of mad flailing

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mortal kombat needs airdashes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

blazblue isn't a mediocre fighting game, tager is in it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk what i'd put below it
clayfighters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

i must be the only person that remembers the launch of mk9 being mostly videos and streams of people performing fatalities on female characters and laughing like weirdos
there's an entire subsection of youtube that's just slow motion videos of people doing combos on female characters in fighting games

Dias posted:

i mean

half of the hype tweets about gg are people perving on female character boobs

actually half of the hype tweets about sfv were people perving on female character boobs and ironically spamming mika rear end slap so
i think mika's rear end slap is a less weird thing to get off to than scorpion ripping out kitana's spine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

person a: man i love elphelt's titties lol

person b: *watches cassie cage get slowly dismembered. pauses. rewinds video. watches it again in slow motion. licks lips.*

dias: these two things are exactly the same

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

can you people post some examples of these because i do not want to sully up my google searches with this trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th8Wh05AZMY

half this video is mai doing combos on raiden actually, which is somehow even more insane than the base premise of the video

like it's pretty much just a normal kof match but in slow motion and with zoom-ins

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dias posted:

I'm just sayin' creeps will be creeps. MK just enables less socially acceptable creeping. I mean, those people were getting their fix from Tomb Raider too.
tbh i dont think liking anime titties is that creepy

like it's kind of goofy but it's whatever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

attackmole posted:

YouTube culture is poo poo and I wanna 'old man yells at cloud' at any nine minute long video of a talking head ranting about video games.
there are some channels with really interesting insights into game design that actually put their thoughts into a coherent, organized argument

and then there's the channels with ten million subscribers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

That was 500 dollar focus-testing, rear end in a top hat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

marvel 2 is all of the songs in clock vs neo
isn't pegasus fantasy one of the sogns in clock vs neo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

play haehyun because she's the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

potemkin is actually pretty decent in revelator

the changes to blitz and dust help him a lot and his damage got more reliable

he's still not top tier or anything but he's middle of the pack

though johnny wrecks him and johnny is really good in revelator so you win some you lose some