Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Roth posted:

People complaining about Smash's roster all believe themselves to be experts on the cultural impact of every game franchise that gets a character added, how good the games are, and whether or not that qualifies them to be up there with Ice Climbers.

i will always remember one of the giant bomb guys going on an extended rant about how 'sorry, but the fire emblem characters just ARENT nintendo' and then, five seconds after he was done, asking who king dedede was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i wouldnt be surprised if they rewrite some bits too for extra punch, but hell, its funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
whats it matter if you cant understand rambo's dialogue in mortal kombat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1315120152233402369?s=19

what is this? a ui for ants?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
arcsys knew they could not change the ui, so instead of reflecting on themselves, they shrunk the icons

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i like elphelt and bedman tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

Bedman I can take or leave but I hate Elphelt due to her godawful design and annoyance of fighting her. I realize GG is an ultra anime game but Elphelt tips the scales on levels I thought were not possible. She'd fit better in Blazblue where some of the characters are on a similar tier of embarrassing.
who gets embarrassed by a fighting game character existing lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dragon enthusiast posted:

isn't jack-o more or less dead lorewise
So was zato

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gundam Versus stream on the 17th/18th. They list both Maxiboost On which recently came out for PS4 and XBoost which just got announced for arcades. Likely they'll give more details on gameplay changes and new suits in XBoost and announce some DLC for Maxiboost.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
A new melty blood trademark was just filed. Could be a switch port or idk another manga, but figured I'd mention it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle posted:

yooo lets loving goooo unless its another manga then boooooooo give me more loving melty blood french bread u FUCKS

tbf the most recent manga was pretty funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
theres been no word on if we'll be able to leave our houses without getting the black plague anytime next year, op

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/AFGCNews/status/1316380847046619136

people hated the beta lobby. lets make it the only thing that exists

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Incredibly tired of Arcsys trying to make lobbies a game in itself. I'd rather stare at a menu than have no idea what I'm doing in a hub world
even if you do want to make a hub world, whats wrong with just walking up to someone and selecting 'challenge', or going into a menu and selecting 'ready to fight' and anyone can fight you by walking up and pressing a

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
yeah basically. idk lobbies can be cute but people just wanna, play video game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Would a basic menu really be that much work to implement? I feel like people could do that from home in a weekend.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Instead of cheating supercharacter bosses just give me AI archetypes designed to hammer some mechanic home.
Midboss SnakeEdgeSpamMan who does nothing but blocks and snake-edges you.
GimmickGoon baddie who spams 1-2 cheese cheap moves and basically nothing else.
HuggingHulk who basically only varies up throws

make them real scumbag characters so you want to really dumpster them by learning The Actual Lesson

i know you can set all of those up as variations in better training modes, but that assumes you already know all those things exist
this is how the mlp fighter works

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Victory Position posted:

Ask yourself a question: can a single normal completely affect the tier ranking of a character? The answer may surprise you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
note: before anyone posts it the meme satsuki hitbox is a command grab not a normal

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think Ryogi had some massively hosed up ones but I can't remember if they were normals or not

The ones like this are specials, yeah. Their pokes are decent but not that extreme.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/IGNJapan/status/1316973378293669888

yeah the new phantom breaker looks way better just going off the fact that this clip seems like the game is actually fairly fast this time

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
if you have a bad fighting game, just increase the speed and damage by 25% and it automatically becomes a decent fighting game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I didn't realize this thread existed lol, anyone in here playing Gundam Maxiboost? I'd love to play with some goons.

i play it but my internet is fairly bad atm, rip to all i meet on the roads of online

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RevolverDivider posted:

I’ve been playing tons of it ever since it came out it’s the best fighting game this year

Speaking of, the stream I mentioned earlier happened.

Kabakali, Phenex, Flauros, and Star Build Strike announced for the new revision coming to arcades. No info on DLC for Maxiboost on PS4.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Who do you two play as? I've been messing around with GunEZ, Baund Doc (this guy really sucks lol), but I'm really liking doing fighter jet strafing runs with Hambrabi. Mobile armor mode really breaks a lot of brains dealing with it. I tried Full Saber for a big boy suit but couldn't get a good feel for it.
I play a lot of Barbatos Lupus and Arche. Generally any melee suit with funky movement options is my speed.

I also really like the GN-X even though its kind of a joke character.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
granblue is now officially a fighting game with two trans characters in it, and im all for it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
That doesn't happen in actual gameplay whatsoever so it's probably either slowed down for the trailer or her animations aren't complete.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
Cags is a trans alchemist whose goal in life is to make magic hrt. Shes also a bit evil.

Granblue is as dead as all other fighting games without rollback rn. Theres two season passes so yes if you count the base game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
welcome... to my twisted mind

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Oct 19, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/Furious_blog/status/1318472649173921792 daigo talking about his favorite anime while sitting on a bench that was in a scene from that anime.

ergo, if you watch a place further than the universe, you will also become the beast.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

darealkooky posted:

gear project guy is definitely a weirdo/probably on some kind of spectrum ("fond" memories of him posting on dustloop in like 2012 about guides to beating gold justice and not understanding why people were pointing out this isn't rly the fourm for that) - but if we're complaining about people getting GG lore wrong and passing misinfo as fact woolie has 0 stones to throw when he has nearly a decade of recorded video where he talks like an expert about something despite actually having the google translation of a wikipedia article take. like when he got mad they "retconned" raven and axl being the same person when that was just the third party company that localized one of the earlier X2 games mistranslating one scene that never gets referenced again.
the gear project guy is wayyy worse considering hes also a massive homophobe

but yeah idk why they got woolie of all people to do this besides the fact that he has a Brand

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

It's even more insane because Guilty Gear is one of the very few anime-as-gently caress things where the characters are very explicitly not all Japanese.
idk if this is really true tho. melty has a bunch of europeans as does uniel. if you wanted to say 'have a variety of skintones' thatd be closer to true cause like, sion is in both and shes egyptian shes just also white

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Blade believes you cannot be called black unless your skin tone is literally #000000, you do not under any circumstances have to play devil's advocate for him

ky isnt white because his skin tone isnt literally #FFFFFF

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

night slime posted:

Don''t know what the previous page is about but I always found it perplexing that Angel's skin color changes in KOF 14 depending on the color selection. I mean she's my favorite character but I'm wondering why her

that happens with a lot of fighting game characters?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
heck a couple alt palettes have wound up becoming actual characters. rera in samsho, 2b's second color in soul calibur was made an actual character in ff14, dark pit in kid icarus uprising was based on a color pit had in brawl.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wow wrong thread entirely

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mattavist posted:

Weird tweet.
tbh i cant blame a guy for not wanting to get hassled at all hours of the day for something that he is going to put in the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
https://twitter.com/FGC_Daily/status/1321171915298369536?s=20

terry, one of those people is your brothers girlfriend

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Wasn't Kula meant to be on the younger side? I've lost track of the KOF plot
they flipflop on that iirc? of course the timeline tiself is also pretty vague

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

neosloth posted:

I saw some fighting game players posting clips of Naruto: Clash of Ninjas Revolution 3 which piqued my curiosity, so I tried it, and it's way more fun than it has any right to be. You can substitute yourself for a log any time you're in hitstun so a large portion of the game is about managing your opponent's meter and making sure they don't punish you for mindlessly mashing out a super.

It sounds kinda annoying, but there isn't a high low mixup in neutral, so it basically just means that most of your mixing is taking place mid juggle. Neat little game, and it has better netplay than tekken 7

yeah there were like three different branches of naruto fighters and they were all better than they had any right to be