Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Does anyone here have experience working with Marvelous Customs or using their sticks? I'm curious about how comfortable those acrylic cases are. Any issues with sliding around on a flat surface or using it on your lap?

Edit: For reference, what I'm used to is the original-run 2009 Mad Catz TE, which is pretty dang comfy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

I'd recommend getting some felt adhesive pads for the bottom. You can typically find those at any hardware store or home improvement big box worth a crap.

Thanks.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Does anyone know if hitbox-style controllers still require a SOCD cleaner to be tournament legal? Last I heard it was required, but I don't actually see anything about it in any written tournament rules. I want to make sure I'm getting a legal controller before I order a custom one.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Serenade posted:

On phone so I can't do a hitbox effort post, but most games have a built in SOCD cleaner. What board is it being based on? Later, I can check how mine is wired up.

However, there's no centralized or canonical set of tourney rules. it's up to the organizer.

I'm getting a dual console 360/ps4 box, and the ps4 side will probably use a Hori FC4 board, which doesn't have a cleaner built in. I'm checking with the builder on how the 360 mode will work, but it probably doesn't have a cleaner either.

Both the presence and lack of a cleaner can be exploited in different ways depending on the game, so it's debatable which design is cheaper, and there's always a risk that a TO won't like the way mine is set up.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Illuminado posted:

Anyone who still plays Alpha 3 are God Tier and will get Double Perfects on you all day, while executing V-ISM, custom combos and styling like crazy.
Meaning you won't be able to win by not trying hard, and therefore, have a bad time.

And some of the most boring infinites in FG history.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Alpha 3 had cool music though.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cloofish posted:

Wow ok I can see that now. Why would you change up the entire gameplay in the same subseries. :psyduck:

It was fun at the time when I was a total scrub, much like I am now

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I watch tons of high level matches but barely ever play so I'm probably hella good by now

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ordered my new controller. Dual console ps4 / xbox 360 hitbox from Marvelous Customs. First new arcade "stick" I've bought in like 5 years and first custom ordered one, so should be kinda neat when I get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

People like the concept of fighting games, they just don't like the genre itself because it is too punishing. Unlike most first person shooters, in fighting games you don't have anyone to help you and you don't get a lick in unless you legitimately outplay your opponent. This is why I feel "team based" games are all the rage nowadays, as new players don't feel as intimidated as they can just let their more experience teammates do the work and win.

The nice part is that even if people are being carried by their team, they can still learn and get better if they want to - while also winning.

I think it's fine for people to try to make a fighter-like game for "everyone else" but lol does that guy sound like a twat.