Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

how can smash be a real fighting game when fighting games aren't real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Pomp posted:

last time i read srk some guy with a joker av was really mad about consent laws

same except the mk thread on this forum

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

Gimme a link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1hTW2VFpJ4

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

the marvel side is currently 100% white people so any new reveals are all downhill for jimmy here

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

drat, i don't know how to embed a tweet

just copy+paste the url, the forum does it for you automatically

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fadam posted:

My dad always said a lovely game is still more fun than a game that doesn't exist.

that would be relevant if marvel vs capcom infinite was the only game in existence

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

fadam posted:

No, it's actually still very relevant.

not really sure how

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i remember hating watching morridoom at first but it turns out that was just barely scratching the surface on how goddamn boring umvc3 could be to watch

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

They're gonna put like Gene and Falcon front Power Stone in here and half of you are gonna immediately turn

i want gene to be in just so people will finally realize 'another karate guy' is gonna be hella boring even if godhand is fun

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Capcom can't risk another SFV where they cater solely to the FGC

lmbo

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

actually i guess capcom did cater sfv to the fgc since only people deep enough in the fgc to be making money off of its existence seem to have nice things to say about it

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

There hasn't been a good fighting game in 15 years

yeah melee really was the last good fighting game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

also the endings in mvc3 were actually funny so if they get that guy to write the story it could be okay

marvel trying to be more involved will definitely mean they try to clamp down on the fun crossover stuff

it might muddle the Marvel Brand if dante recognizes dormammu as another demon or if ryu becomes the next iron fist

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Night Blade posted:

The last time I played defense heroes barring one were useless even on defense and the guy with the revolver is a better sniper than the actual sniper in the game.

so you're basically admitting you haven't paid attention to the game in ages if you think mccree is still a problem but you still think you know enough to throw shade

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

like i totally get not liking overwatch but putting blizz on capcom's level re: balance patches is just silly

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is their a chill fighting game thread for people that are just like Fighting Games under utilize clown characters or That super move is so cool looking or speculation on where the game's plot will go in the next installlmnet?

the first two or three weeks of an nrs game

after that people start to get bored of that stuff and start talking about the fighting in the fighting game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Endorph posted:

are they called tetrominos or did you just make that up

where do you think the name tetris came from if not tetrominoes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zain posted:

Wait wait wait! Since when is Titanfall 2 a "traditional shooter" I mean are you talking about Quake 3 traditional shooter? Counter Strike 1.6 traditional shooter? Tribes? Cause Titanfall is anything other than "Traditional" unless you mean "Modern" which is something that CoD4 did.

cod4 is like 8 years old at this point i think it gets to be called traditional at this point

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Zain posted:

Considering most shooters are still COD clones... No.

so most shooters follow its...........traditions

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

street fighter x jabjabjab

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

congrats to endorph

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

good list but they'll probably also try to push in a hero or two from the netflix shows, i'd guess punisher and either luke cage or iron fist

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

With Sigmatron on the throne of asguard at the end of the trailer I don't know if I'd expect to see Thanos in the game at all.

Also, I don't think that's actually Sigmatron's final model, It really does look like they just stuck Ultron's head on Sigma's body.

no thanos in a game being more closely linked with the movies and literally subtitled after the infinity gem poo poo would be weird as hell

he could just be a regular character i guess

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

x factor is there so if you lose online you can just say 'well they only won because x factor' but if you win online you say 'well i only won because x factor'

gently caress it basically

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

kill

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

WombatCyborg posted:

What was the name of that youtube collection of dumb fighting game poo poo?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL03A1BFDC75064F12

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

anime was right posted:

im gonna lol when this game outsells mvc:i

same but also lol when it comes out and any desperate momentum the mvci scene has left after 4-6 months just flatlines

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this will be the rare fight game where people will complain if it's well-balanced and goku has a bad match-up or two

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

yo mamma a Horus posted:

i hope i can pick piccolo and spend 90% of the round charging up one move

special beam cannon working like balrog's TAP would be sick

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

surprisingly she looked even worse in motion

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Rutibex posted:

They could have done that if they just made UMvC3 but added more characters and higher res textures.

even if that's what capcom wanted marvel would want something more on brand(no x-men or ff characters, fluff up thanos and the infinity stones for his lovely two-parter avenger movies)

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

freakin stinkin

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

I can guarantee you Fighter Z is gonna have a season pass of its own, if Xenoverse is anything to go by.

they could do like 2 or 3 season passes just with all the characters the latest arc of super has been introducing

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Because they've finally reached the point where noone's buying their poo poo anymore?

as long as japan still buys the gently caress out of monhun the rest of capcom's underdelivering corpse stops from collapsing

which uh, should make the development of whatever this new more western facing console monhun is interesting to watch

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

launch injustice 2 has more characters than launch mvci and it's a 1-on-1 game

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if we raise our arms and believe in goku it will hit 100% sooner

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

dangerdoom volvo posted:

"i combo for 3750 damage"
"i use my free action to masturbate"

yup, definitely sounds like 3.5

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i'm not expecting to see that much super content when that'd be a really obvious avenue for a themed dlc/revision

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

There's no reason to assume the characters we've been shown aren't finished outside of balancing stuff here and there what with the complete movelists and them not saying anything about changing the current ones.

They can have Super characters in the main roster AND still have some for DLC, this isn't one or the other. I just don't see them not adding SSG Goku and Vegeta as their own characters when Super is hot right now.

oh yeah, i just think gold freeza + ssb goku/vegeta is the farthest they'll go for the initial roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

That's a myth.

no i'm pretty sure tekken 7 is real