Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Veib posted:

But doctor, I am European

I didn’t have a PS1 at the time and have never owned a single PS1 fighting game, so sadly I missed all this and have only ever played the demo of Toshinden 2 (I think?) on PC

For some reason this post reminded me that FX Fighter and FX Fighter Turbo existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ivg-IRmNrI&t=120s

I love how the characters look like all of them were designed in a single 5 minute session

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gutcruncher posted:

Actually you’ll find vocals in fighting game music is awesome and should be done as much as physically possible.

Not a moment for, this torment now.
We can never fix, what a big big mistake

I also dig the big bad boss theme from Central Fiction.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6JRDhNBiw

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I feel like someone probably posted this before but here's all of VF5 FINAL Showdown's Special Win Animations

1) You are not ready for some of the poo poo here
2) This is probably one of the most GIFable vids I've seen in a while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1bPzlPdt-k

:drat:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

In Training posted:

Do you think Rick can turn himself into a pickle.

Truly the most cursed install.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The only BlazBlue game I've played extensively is BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend and what I mostly remember about the English dub is that when it came to arcade endings Hazama had like 3 different voices. I'm guessing they either couldn't get the main VA back for the updates, or they did not have the VA for an update re-do all of the old lines.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

Good god why lmao, Shyvana at least had the sorta previous era of good design, maybe a bit weirdly smaller of a model from what I can remember, but get that poor flight gnome some help ASAP.

They've done polls asking for which characters people want to see get a visual upgrade and at one point Shyvana was #1 in China and like #3 globally. This was a few years ago, I don't know if they've done polls since.

I imagine they've updated the textures and FX on Corki, but for the rest are fine at keeping him around for more than a decade like Morrigan's sprite. In the last couple of months that I played LoL I got his 2010 Winter Olympics skin from a chest and I was delighted. It somehow made an outdated terrible looking character even worse, which was absolutely amazing.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Nov 22, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

That reminds me I still got a unused Steam key for AC+R from Humble Bundle sitting around. Quote me if you want it. I'll send it via forum PMs or just give me an email address.

I'm not taking any effort for this Steam key for Guilty Gear Isuka tho, I'm throwing that one to the wolves:
VYJCV-5F4DB-YX33O
(replace the letter O with the number 0)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Jebailey/status/1467215712963936267

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gavok posted:

Marco Rodriguez: Ryo refuses to let Yuri join his team. Robert suggests Marco, who seems down for it, but Ryo chooses King instead.

I will never forgive Ryo for denying us some Butt.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

MechaX posted:

So who’s getting tossed out the house like Jazz

e;f,b

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'll allow it... but they'd better not start picking Rugal.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Adnor posted:

Well yeah, DoA characters look like adults.

Yes, characters like Kokoro, Honoka and Marie Rose are all totally 18. Yup.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

J.A.B.C. posted:

- All of them look amazing, great job to the team showing off their tech.
- Geese's Japanese VA has some amazing English lines.
"You cannot Escape....from This."
"DIE, MAGGOT"
- Soy Sauce for Geese remix loving slaps.

I thought it was "you cannot escape LONG death", but apparently it is "FROM death". I guess I have been hearing it wrong since the Capcom VS SNK days.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

After League of Legends' "Rumble does less damage on the purple team" bug I am never surprised about such things.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

And now a word from our sponsor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioX8gC8UIwI

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

If you actually get 4 people playing on your cabinet at the same time you'd be one of the few folks in the world who want to play Isuka. You'd probably go back to 1v1 and drop it for Accent Core Plus R in 15 minutes, but hey, you'd temporarily get some more value out of all those sticks and buttons!

But serious post: Accent Core and Revelator, maybe plain "Guilty Gear" if you want to see the roots of the series.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 24, 2022

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I'd say that putting quite some hours into a fighting game and then losing to a rookie who is mashing buttons is a formative experience in general.

Especially when you want a rematch later on and they announce that they've retired from the world of video game fighting.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I think they never brought back the boss from DOA3, so clearly they need to pull another Nyotengu and add Omega-chan to the roster in the next DOA game.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

how was spawn on the xbox version of sc2?

No cape, I think the chains barely played a role, no guns... they gave him a double-sided axe for a weapon which didn't feel satisfying at all and wasn't tied to a great moveset.

It just all makes his later appearance in Mortal Kombat so much better.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 2, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

There should be a fighting game that only uses guns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbcTtbXnOCo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We are legion, Akuma main.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

You can do better than that announcer lady, give us an extended "LAAAAW"!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gavok posted:

And now you know... the rest of the story.

I don't know. I feel like there is more to learn. If only there was some kind of compilation for the story elements in the first couple of Mortal Kombat games... hmm...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I wouldn't call the Series X/S controller bad, but I can imagine it's not everyone's favorite when it comes to fighting games. Especially if you are very used to the dpad/left stick placement on a Playstation controller.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RevolverDivider posted:

Heroes of the Storm was the only good MOBA ever made but Blizz gonna Blizz and despite it doing well and picking up steam it wasn't making LoL money so they shot it in the head.

They did a lootbox-ization of Heroes of the Storm for their 2.0 release (not as bad as it sounds) and they had a period where everyone could redeem one of several bundles to unlock a decent amount of heroes at once. Ideal for new players, beneficial for people already playing too. I think the offer was valid for a month or so.

They never gave out characters like that again (or perhaps it may have happened when the game had already been send to the life-support stage). This is while Dota 2 just gives you the entire cast (with a whole lot more cosmetics) and League of Legends would give you enough currency to unlock a character in less time (with a whole lot of cheap old characters because this game had been out for ages). Absolutely baffling, it's like they didn't want the game to get a steady influx of new players.

Imagine Tekken 7 never having a season pass (character) on sale. If you'd start with just a handful of characters and then just fork over the cash or play a whole lot of matches to get a single new character.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jul 13, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

In hindsight, it was obvious that the dude that was the Face of Mid lane for a couple seasons would get in.

There was hope that his skill descriptions, essentially a novel compared to other champions at the time, would dissuade them but alas. The edge was too strong.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

I need the behind the scenes of Brian Cox openly asking his people "how much are they paying me" every time he mispronounces someone's name or tries to make sense of anyone's actions in the Tekken story.

I feel like they'd give the talent a list of multiple phonetic spellings and then add the ones they instantly get right to the teleprompter. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

For a moment I had forgotten that Gon is also the name of a HxH character, oh Fighting Games thread...