Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I know you think you learned to troll with the experts, but they weren't very good at it. You can do better, "it is", I believe in you. One day you will cause a shitstorm on the fighting games thread, but that day won't be today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os-BNWkOAAE

Wasn't expecting them to add Guile this soon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Holy poo poo. I know it had been said to be coming for some time now, but this has always been that one game that is only distributed at doujin conventions and gently caress you if you want a legal copy of it, so it's absolutely fascinating to me that those guys finally learned about digital distribution.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Goddamn it. Why can't we have nice things?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

They're re-releasing Last Blade 2 on the PS4/Vita, which is not news. It's news however that they apparently added six extra characters(!) -- where the hell did those come from? Maybe it's just Samurai Shodown dudes thrown in for good measure?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

samco posted:

What would you recommend doing instead?

I recommend you read the OP.

Dresh posted:

Oh wow, I hadn't heard about the extra characters. I assume one of them is Shikyo, who was in LB1 and replaced by Mukuro in the sequel. I was also comparing the casts of the two games on Fight-a-base and it looks like the original has exclusive variants for Kagami, Akari, and Shigen. Kinda boring, but also kind of obvious and probably easy to implement. And the last 2 are probably non-awakened Kaede and Hagure who's a mirror match shapeshifter.

Uh, I guess that's how it will go. Laaaame, though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's two times people have mentioned that ST in fightcade is frustrating. I thought it was still the game novices were encouraged to pick up to learn the fundamentals so I imagined the population would be disparate between veterans and newcomers. Guess not?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I think we are all aware what ST is, how fast it is, how "pure" it is, etc, etc. I just imagined there would be tons of newcomers playing it on fightcade which would even out the odds for them, but this being such a niche hobby, I guess it really doesn't make much sense in practice. Most newcomers probably aren't even aware they should go for ST so they likely just stick to the online of big games (previously SF4, now SF5 and KI).

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

KOFXIV looked pretty bad early on, but now it looks fine. And it has a much better graphical design going than SFV.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It will be on PC, you guys. Be excited that there's a new KOF and that it's a good one.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dias posted:

It can't be THAT expensive to license and use GGPO, can it?

Who knows. That Yatagarasu game is still yet to license/implement it even though they supposedly got the money for it through crowdfunding.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

who is top tier in your heart

Athena!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And there were Metal Slug characters as strikers in KOF2000, but that's about it. Those games really don't need to cross.

Hibiki from LB in KOF15, let's go.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/ZljDetl.webm

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

attackmole posted:

Why isn't 98 also on sale? :(

It's not anime.

attackmole posted:

If I wanted to learn KoF before 14 hits 98's the one to start with right? I know 13 has some weirdness, but I don't know poo poo.

Play any KOF on Steam, they are all good, even XIII.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

General Morden posted:

yea gently caress a guy who's into guilty gear's plot instead

He can even dress as Bridget :quagmire:

Is Dizzy on Revelator yet?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Violent Ken for SFV, when??

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Gonna assume it's this one since it's the first result on youtube and looks the part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I88DC7PWfgk

That moment at the end is like a hilarious knockoff of the Daigo parry.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 5, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk0kufx74Io

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Pictured: Melty Blood in its natural habitat.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

He also used it to pogo around! The sword! How could you forget the true master of gravity and floor stabbing?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Is Castlevania Judgement actually cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQLnVdsBeQ

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

General Morden posted:

mai disagrees

He has a great personality once you get to know him.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's the stuff nightmares are made of.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

You wouldn't touch another man's waifu. That's, like, just proper etiquette.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Dias posted:

(put alex in the trash can)

Snakeeyez already did the way he plays that character :rimshot:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Or Smash.

Face it, old man, we need Capcom.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

That's not Tekken 7.

Haraaaada!! Where's the Tekken 7 on PC, Harada??

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Is KOFXIV good?? The answer may surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fJR7GJbp9M

PS: it is.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

The 3DS has an old port of Blazblue, dream match sort of collections for both Dead or Alive (a really good one, surprisingly) and Tekken (with an oncart movie for, uh, people who care about Tekken story?), and the aforementioned SF4. The SF4 is a good port with a still surprisingly existing online community, but nobody here would take it seriously because of the touchscreen shortcuts that otherwise break the game entirely. It's still fun for whatever that is worth.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Someone call the ghostbusters -- Geese's here again.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Everyone in that game does. Seems to be the drawback of the otherwise cool anime 2D art style in 3D.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Kenshin didn't have boobs that big, Daisuke. I checked.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

No, but seriously you guys, gently caress Baiken. And her new design and ampler assets.

When's Dizzy?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I've no idea what the hell they will fill that many pages of an art book and three audio CDs with, but here it is.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

American friends, Best Buy has the KOF14 LE for $60 instead of $80, possibly a temporary mistake, possibly a big discount to compete with Amazon's 20% discount on preorders? Who knows.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

dhamster posted:

Is it worth it to get sign if I have a PC, since I have no idea when revelator is coming to my platform?

Yes. It's a great port of a great game and every sale convinces Arcsys to bring future games either faster or at all.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Didn't they add input lag on purpose to this LB2 release so online and offline would be about the same? That's what I heard.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Capcom couldn't make a better looking one if they tried, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Wait, I thought Baal was joking but it's there. Loot drops that "change your strategy". What the bloody hell.

attackmole posted:

cool down abilities

You keep Rise of the Robots 3 out of this! It was a cool game/tech demo.