Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash.

teagone posted:

I have never bought a game at its MSRP, even on release day. I only play on PC though, and PC game sales are everywhere thanks to sites like GMG. I got SFV on release day for $40.

So how long did it take you to get that rootkit off of your PC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Dias posted:

Eh, I don't wanna go all ~the negativity~ but it does kinda seem like people are ignoring that there's SOME stuff in the game, apparently. It's just everything else that is a disaster.

They aren't ignoring it but when Capcom clearly tried to cheap out i.e. some characters are super obviously still in because it's cheaper to just update the models (Spencer I mean seriously come on, 2 G&G characters really?) It's not that they're ignoring the good stuff it's why would I play this and not MvC 3 and save 80 bucks?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

darealkooky posted:

also MVCI has jedah who is loving killing it

Should've just made Darkstalkers but nooo MVCI instead

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

yeah its from rwby. red like roses. rwby has themes for all 4 main characters every season and they all sound like cut songs from sonic adventure 2

You can't escape

Dias posted:

That song is bad but it's perfectly bad for a fighting game. It's Crush 40 Bad.

edit: although Crush 40 is more actual good, but whatever

That's the whole point of butt rock it's terrible and you hate it but you will end up liking it, it's like some dark magics or something

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

If it's launching that soon I doubt it's gonna see that many more characters.

http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/

8 in each row so 24 not counting Android 21 and SSG Goku, SSG Vegeta + 8 from DLC so 32 character (eventually) roster maybe?

anime was right posted:

yeah, people who are active players who pay for the season pass would be hella angry about that.

its namco bandai + arcsys, we're getting screwed on dlc, rip

Yeah I hate this poo poo but as soon as I saw bandai namco I expected to get hosed on DLC.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

I don't really think it's the same thing. Casuals never even gave the game a chance, it sold like crap and never really had a shot at having a thriving community in the first place.

poo poo like Spencer being in the game because Capcom was trying to do this on the cheap and didn't want to make new models if they could help it or Haggar's revel trailer having clipping didn't help. Plus they came out right around the time db fighterz was at maximum hype so like the better game was right there.

Seriously ArkSys moving their beta so it was on MvCi's launch date took some backbone and it paid off.

Zand posted:

its pretty neat how after battle of the stones all the pro players dropped the facade and are pretending like they were never shilling mvci

FChamp being allowed to complete was bullshit and if I was pro and on the fence about competing they would've pushed me over. Then that clusterfuck of a tournament happened.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 30, 2017

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

lol is that actually a costume in the game? jesus

I think it's the swimsuit DLC but yeah.

mycot posted:

Fire Emblem is basically the Nintendo dating sim franchise now.

Fire Emblem's been that for a bit they're just dropping pretense now.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

MechaX posted:

Oh poo poo, my boy Killik is back!

What Soul Edge what the fu-

It only took 4 games but that corruption thing they've been hinting at since Soul Calibur finally might pay off.

In Training posted:

Groh looks cool. I hope Taki makes it

The sun has a greater chance of exploding tomorrow than Taki not being in this game. The original Soul Blade was my first fighting game so I want SC to be good again.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

In Training posted:

I think that was me and Ive never been happier to be this wrong in my life

Honestly if DBZF hadn't come out when it did people would be playing and defending MVCI

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

In Training posted:

at this point i dont think capcom is gonna make a non-Street Fighter FG for...ever, maybe.

Capcom has not made a good fighting game at launch since like 3rd strike maybe they need to just focus on SF and get those fundamentals back.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

mycot posted:

It's weird that Ivy usually has alt costumes that are Actual Clothes, but I guess this is a better alternative than something like SFV Laura where literally every costume is Sexy Whatever.

Tell me this isn't the coolest poo poo though

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Dias posted:

the fabled titty ninjas

They are many and powerful

AndyElusive posted:

Actually, I forgot that Mai Shiranui is a titty ninja.

Mai is so weird because they have her be a super flirty character and then don't play the archetype like " I haven't been in a guys room since kindergarten" really game if you're going to do this you can't have both

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Who's gonna be the first gross goon to say they sexualized Talim?

Also, some of the character art for Taki might as well just have her be naked cus that costume was basically skin tight and those tits are ridiculous. What ninja is gonna be that stacked and not tape her chest down Makoto style.

Basically? Friend no

It is. Like I like sexy things but come on can these not be the defaults costumes that's all we're asking here

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/gameinformer/st...884779214053376

It's safe! We can all calm down now! Those horrible SJWs haven't taken our bouncy boobies away! Our video games won't be censored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They'll just pretend them complaining caused them to keep it in. Not the actual reason which is,you know, it was never ever in 10,000 years going to be removed.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 5, 2018

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

Sonicfox is great because he is a giant troll on the FGC and he is legitimately really good at multiple games. The sheer amount of salt he generates just by existing is hilarious.

I will never forget him dismantling Perfect Legend with his own main in the most one sided grudge match ever

The best part is PL turned a 10-0 to at 13-0 due to him being salty and now you can do Perfect 13gend

exquisite tea posted:

In the land of wifebeaters and sex pests, the fursuited man is king.

New thread title

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Sade posted:

This isn't a bad thing, character loyalism is a thing and mitsu is usually good.

Character loyalism is how you get Talim players friend.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Installing sfv on pc was also unsafe

I still can't believe they did that and people continued to play on PC

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Mads Mikkelsen in Tekken would own, actually

Dragunov is basically Mads Mikkelsen anyways.

dragon enthusiast posted:

Justin Wong willing to do anything for a dollar

Justin is the platonic ideal of an FGC shill .Like for fucks sake this is awful

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The venue shut down and kicked everyone out before they finished the tournament
Fate is actively trying to get Capcom's fighting game division shut down.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

Thank you again to the thread for all the fightstick advice by the way, my homemade ergonomically sloped stick/hitbox-hybrid (shitbox?) is 95% done and I already did a temporary wiring job and used it at a friend's house on SCVI. I had to buy a whole table saw just to do the bevels but it came out nearly perfect, which blows my mind it's the first thing I've done like this since highschool wood shop:

But why though?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Is there a dedicated Dragon Ball FighterZ thread?

(Sorry, haven't been here in years.)

Thanks!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3831421

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

chumbler posted:

Sol-Ky is the most epic father-son in law rivalry.

Didn't they retcon that?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Black August posted:

I don't get it, does Toei not realize this severely damages game sales and residuals for them? Can't ArcSys nail them for a violation of contract by saying this does irreparable damage to promotion of the game and its sales, sabotaging ArcSys AND Toei indirectly? Nevermind that manga suddenly tanking.

Hey you own One Piece (one of the biggest ongoing mangas),Salior Moon (a shojo classic) and Dragonball (THE shounen anime) will you put money into these 3 considering they basically print money? Toei didn't even try not to make them on a shoe string budget that's how Toei thinks as a company.

They tried to shutdown Team Four Star's parodies before Funimation sprinted over and said dumbass it's free advertising and really popular ,stop.

ROFL Octopus posted:

I distinctly remember justin calling ghost rider’s completely butchered level 3 in infinite “strangely satisfying”

I think Justin is like unable to not shill. It's been so bad for so long it's more funny than sad now.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 25, 2018

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

chumbler posted:

Kolin is fun and Falke, Ryu, Alex, and Sakura are characters now. Juri still sucks.

It's impressive how trash Juri is compared to the rest of the SFV cast. Although Tira in SC6 is giving her some competition.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

WarEternal posted:

I mean, I'm not trying to say it's good, I just don't think it's abnormally bad. I'm just not gonna bother with it and play the game.

I guess I'd rather just see people talking about things they think are bad about the actual game and not the unlock poo poo that's bad in pretty much every game that has it.

This poo poo is really bad though like worse than phone games bad. And all the cosmetics are locked behind it and even if you pay money it's not guaranteed unless you catch it time in the store,it drags the life of the game down.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

DiscoJ posted:

Did you work on SoulCalibur VI?

I love the everyone has dumb bullshit of game design so much.

dhamster posted:

sfv juri is just the laziest poo poo. Even their music guy just kinda threw up his hands and gave up.

Is she still super negative on everything too? Man I remember when they last announced Juri got nerfed watching literally everyone go loving why!!??! was great

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Capcom please just do Capcom Vs you have more than enough characters

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Yo can I get a recommendation of people to watch for good GranblueVS content since GranblueVS doesn't have a thread yet?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

FrostyPox posted:

Give me a Samsho PC release date, SNK, you cowards

Also I would like if Granblue VS got a PC release, but mostly Samsho

Granblue not on the PC is wasted money there's nothing but degenerates there. It is kinda weird to have a game based on a property that's technically not out in English but it seems to be working.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Dude did this with DMC smash rumours too just ignore him

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

RichterIX posted:

Did DOA 6 follow through with their pledge to be less horny or did they just start adding horny back as DLC afterward?

The pledge to be less horny was always a cover to sell the sexier costumes as DLC and try and get that esports coverage.
It didn't even last a month besides

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Shinji2015 posted:

Yeah, ir's massive. It's practically a new game, which makes me wonder if this was all supposed to be for FighterZ 2.

Wondering if they worked something out with their contracts because for awhile it looked like they had dropped the major changes they said they were going to do and move on to a sequel

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

darealkooky posted:

making someone eat gohan staggers for 10 minutes until they finally get bored & want to play a video game again so they stop blocking and get hit isn't a mixup. being able to cancel 5l into throw to tick throw people is

in terms of "real defensive options" they've added assists that either have armor or can continue after you got hit

I still can't believe that poo poo lasted as long as it did,you'd have to block for a ridiculous amount of time because there wasn't any pushblock.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Didn't GranBlueVS cancel the European special edition too? Fighting games and EU don't mix lol

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

GranblueVS coming to Steam in Japan so I'm guessing there will be an english PC version at some point. No crossplay with PS4 though.

https://granbluefantasy.jp/pages/?p=29373

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Official tweet

https://twitter.com/gbvs_official/s...968809314570241

edit:Also no bonus codes so if you play Granblue in English tough tiddy.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Feb 27, 2020

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7jLa8TLns8

trailer for the rest of the characters in the season 1 pass for granblue versus

I figured Djeeta would be a different character with a different moveset. Seems like the same moves probably different damage/timing (like SF2 Ryu and Ken)

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

People trying to run money match scams are so bizarre to me, it's like the lamest form of hustling someone.

In other news, man Charlotta is absolutely wild in gbvs, talk about rush down

Unga Bunga at all times, Wee Honda reigns eternal

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

GranblueVS thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/s...hreadid=3914225

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Bathtub Cheese posted:

Stop buying fighting games with bad netcode

All of them have bad netcode????!!!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Endorph posted:

the best gbvs character is big lesbian vira when they add her

This game reminding me that I do my inputs way too fast. It's all that time trying to do MK fatalities when I was younger I guess.