Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/koihime-enbu-coming-west-pc-via-steam-may

Time to get the bad anime fighting games along with the good ones.

Oh man, Guilty Gear comes out on PC and the anime poverty floodgates just open up. I feel like at this point, the only anime fighting game not slated for Steam is the Chaos Code followup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yeah, it's not bad. Fun to play on occasion but not a ton of depth or anything, fairly samsho like.

Someone told me the netcode is actually okay too but I have no idea if that's true or not.

That's what Daiandoh was saying at the last Team Stickbug event at Next Level. I have no idea who he was playing or what kind of internet connection he's on though.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Simulacra posted:

Feel free to add me as well if you're up for some ST or 3s.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Simulacrum156/

I just added both you guys. I might not be able to play until next weekend as I don't even have Fightcade downloaded at all and don't have much time this week. But I'll definitely be around in the future. I'm down to play whatever, but am specifically interested in SamSho, is there a group for people playing 5 on fightcade?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Zand posted:

Japanese game devs taking advice from a westerner and likely being in charge of implementation sounds shaky to me

It doesn't have a great track record, but I feel like Arcsys' willingness to listen to the community and respond is better than it's ever been, and I don't see any reason why it would change. If you had told me in the early 2000s that a vast majority of fighting game franchises would be available through Steam with online play I would've laughed and called it a pipedream. We live in a golden age of PC gaming, so many games past and present available at your fingertips.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

there are metal slug people too

Really? Which games, Leona doesn't count!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

inthesto posted:

I think Fiona was only in Maximum Impact 2, and then Marco was in Neo Geo Battle Colliseum?

Ralf and Clark were in one of the Metal Slug games but that's crossing over the other way around

Aww bummer, I thought there was some obscure release like Neowave that had them in it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

And there were Metal Slug characters as strikers in KOF2000, but that's about it. Those games really don't need to cross.

Hibiki from LB in KOF15, let's go.

Naw, we need more characters from King of Monsters and the Sengoku series.

Edit: Actually, what we really need is Big Mama from Shock Troopers:

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 25, 2016

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Garnavis posted:

Has anyone here done Battle Circuit at Next Level in Brooklyn? Thinking of getting into a weekly thing but I don't know much about this. It's apparently affiliated with Team Spooky, if that matters.

Depending on the night it may be the best competition you'll find anywhere in America.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Garnavis posted:

Thanks for the responses, I'll try to make it out sometime. I can't find much information about what goes on there, is it just the tournament or are there free matches going on? As much fun as it sounds, getting knocked out in round one doesn't seem like very good practice.

There are casual setups you can play at, and more free up as the tournament progresses and the amount of participants dwindle down.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah, it's a shame they'll probably never do sprites again because HD sprites are a nightmare to make or whatever, but I'm glad the game exists at all and looks like fast fun. And shockingly it's going to come out feature complete, imagine tht

They're not a nightmare to make, the problem with KOFXIII is that the way SNK went about making HD sprites was the most time-consuming, labor intensive, and finicky method for creating HD sprites that's known to exist. I forgot who explained it, but it basically boiled down to 2-3 Blazblue characters could be created in the time it would take 1 KOFXIII character to be made. SNK's just really good at shooting themselves in the foot.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

any place do reproduction posters from fighting games?

i found a bunch on ebay (Xrd posters are $140 bucks each, jesus) to put in my office where my cabinet is going to go

got this one while sifting through all the naked chun li wallscrolls

As far as I can tell, there is no good source. The best thing to do is find super high-quality versions of the images you want and take them to a screen printer to print on canvas.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

they had nothing to lose other than a bad quarterly report from just doing 4 more months of beta. real unforced error.

They should've made this the last year of Ultra Street Fighter IV for the CPT. This game needed more than 4 extra months worth of work.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

It's so weird to see this from the company that also makes Monster Hunter, one of the most insanely dense series of releases in gaming and they churn out one every year

Are Japanese game companies the same way they used to be where even within companies different teams shy away from sharing talent, knowledge, and advice?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

I wanna try 7 whenever it winds up on consoles

They'll release a demo so it can be played on consoles at EVO 2018.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

inthesto posted:

As for the artbook, well the game does have a lot of characters

The problem is we already know what all the early models look like.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Did anyone get Koihime Enbu on PC? How is it as a port?

I've never played any of the other versions so I have nothing to compare it too, but it runs very well on my comp. Also, it's made by M2, probably the most technically competent porting company in all of Asia.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

fgc competitors should have to bring their moms to tournaments. increase attendance by women and curtail bad behavior at the same time.

Well I guess that rules out Noel Brown, obviously a framed picture hasn't been cutting it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

2017? 2017!? What is this disgrace!? Haraaada :argh:

Do you really want Street Fighter V all over again, because that's what you would've gotten if the game released this year. Ono could a learn a lot from Harada about measuring expectations and creating a realistic time table.

FanaticalMilk fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 13, 2016

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

rewatched the trailer the perspective of the video makes me think that the VR implimentation that harada has talked about is for the story mode and not actually as insane as it sounded last year

I can't imagine they're doing anything more than using the tech they've made with Summer Lesson and throwing some Tekken assets in it.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Finally I will be able to date both Lili and Asuka as god intended

And you can teach them to throw tech!!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

This got posted in the SFV thread but I don't think anyone posted it here, anyways, SFV producer said the 8 frames of lag were an intentional choice, and then Spooky speculated this was to create greater parity between the online and offline experiences. gently caress Capcom, they don't deserve to have the privilege to create another Darkstalkers game, outsource it to ArcSys.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...oichi-sugiyama/

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Sarchasm posted:

Tell that to the people who play Dark Souls.

Intentional animation priority is a far cry from intentional input lag.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

mycot posted:

IMO it's unfair that goons are singling out one innocuous poster rather than the goon who beats his son or whatever.

Zand beats his kid. What the hell Zand?

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

attackmole posted:

Just ordered a bunch of seimitsu parts for my fightstick. the key to winning tournaments is having the most expensive peripheral right???????

I haven't actually played with seimitsu stuff (famous lats words) but I like the idea of a stiffer stick and hammering on buttons so they seem up my alley.

I know in general Siemitsu sticks are preferable for shmups as they have a much shorter throw than the Sanwas. I imagine this would also be helpful for fighting games that place emphasis on the stick being in neutral position, like Tekken. As far as the buttons go, I don't know much about the difference other than the Seimitsu buttons feeling less responsive (not in a bad way, more that they don't activate with a feather touch like Sanwa buttons do).

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Shadows of Mordor and Mad Max have both been fine. I know the Batman thing and is a shame since I own Arkham Asylum and City and they're both cool too. Seems that they just went crazy with Arkham Knight :(

The PC versions of both Mad Max and Mordor were created by the main developers of the game from the get go (in teh case of Mordor teh PC version was the main one, and the console versions were ported from that), whereas all of the other recent WB PC releases were outsourced and underfunded. Iron Galaxy had Arkham Knight given to them 2 months prior to release, and High Voltage handled the PC version of MKX and I think also MKIX and the Arcade Kollection (maybe?!). Either way, the reason those PC ports were good was cause the developers handled them rather than having WB take charge.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Madmarker posted:

I guess I am just weird. I love melee and fighting games just about equally.

I'm with you bro, I love fighting games, but I've played way more Melee and am way better at it than fighting games, but that doesn't stop me from owning every fighting game I can get my hands on. Also, as much as I love playing melee, it and all Smash games can be a real bore to watch. At least in regular fighting games, when someone's playing a lame style it only lasts 99 seconds at most. In Smash, it feels like playing lame is incentivized more than other games and the individual matches themselves can potentially take multiple minutes.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Golden Battler posted:

I'd be a bit concerned about the size myself, it looks a bit too big for my baby hands

It's the same size as a Saturn controller, it's not big at all.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Rent-a-Bot posted:

Also booyah I added on steam I'm casual wizard. Add me here for anyone that wants to play me in random fightcade games. In michigan so I'm running on east coast time. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198033586684

I added you, and I've added Booyah and one other guy who's name escapes me at the moment. If any of you guys wanna play with an absolute bottom-tier scrub, hit me up. I have pretty much every fighting game available on Steam outside of some recent releases and Arcana Heart 3. At some point I'll spend sometime getting Fightcade up and running, but for now, here's my steam account:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fanaticalmilk/

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

I always wonder which game people on here hate more. Street Fighter III: Third Strike or Street Fighter V?

Play me in Skullgirls.

Thanks dude, I added you. I know absolutely nothing about Skullgirls other than it's Mike Z's Marvel lovechild. I'll be on Steam later tonight, so just message me if you see me online later, or any time for that matter.

Edit: With regards to your first question, SFV by far. There isn't an entire thread dedicated to making GBS threads on Third Strike.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I'm debating getting my first stick and I have a few questions:

Are there any options not listed in the OP that I should consider? I don't mind putting in custom parts as long as it's not too hard to do.

I know that Seimitsu buttons require more effort to press than Sanwa buttons, but how do their sticks compare? And are there any other parts manufacturers I should consider?

One thing to keep in mind is that Seimitsu buttons are by no means hard to press, they just aren't as sensitive as the Sanwas are. Sanwas are ungodly sensitive and take no effort to activate, which can sometimes be more of a hindrance, if you end up accidentally hitting buttons you're hand is hovering over.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Double Bill posted:

Anime fighters on PC, Not A Good Idea: http://steamspy.com/app/452510

167 concurrent players, oh Lord. Even known bad game SFV peaks near 2k daily.

Better than Battle Fantasia, where my only two opponents have been the lag and a Coyori player that would probably decimate me even without the lag.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

I've been an Arcana Heart fan since the first game but I still haven't played Love Max (!!!!!!!) since I'm still mad they nerfed Fiona for no reason.

"Hey guys, let's take the worst character in the game and nerf her two best pokes" --Some rear end in a top hat at Examu

Actually, it seems like a continuing trend for Japanese developers to hand out a nerf to the lowest ranked character in updates (AH3, USF4, Pokken...)

Has there been any talk of the final revision coming out over here. It's a little annoying that it seems like we'll never get the final revisions of AH3 and P4U2, especially since the further along we go the less incentive either of those companies have to put out updates.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Virtual On is very much a fighting game. It's a shame the series peaked with Oratorio Tangram and never came back. EX Vs. doesn't quite scratch the same itch.

If Virtual On and Gundam Extreme Vs. are considered fighting games, then smash sure as hell is.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Smash: pick a character from a half-varied and half-cloned cast, attempt to shove your opponent offscreen multiple times over 8 minutes of ill-defined round, timer only leads to sudden death mechanic that plays completely different from a normal round and then has random bombs rain to the field, features heavy rng elements that must be disabled to play competitively, isn't even intended to be played 1v1

I don't disagree that the differences you bring up don't exist (TBF the clone thing has been a problem with other traditional fighting games), I just don't think the differences are great enough to warrant calling it it's own thing, rather than just a subgenre of fighting games.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I don't really know if this is the right place to post this, but on UltraChen's show last night, they spoke about how Ed Ma is working on the new Ubisoft game, For Honor. Figured someone in this thread would appreciate this factoid.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

anime was right posted:

ed ma has been a combat designer on a ton of 3rd person melee action games so yea thats not surprising at all.

Really, what else has he worked on. In fact, is there any good list of FGC folk who have worked on games, that'd be cool.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Oh man, how could I forget David "Playing to Win" Sirlin.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

IIRC Justin Wong 's training regimen for execution is to perform the motion 100 times and start over if he messes up

I remember some story James Chen (I think??) told about Tokido, where he woke up and just practiced and E. Honda combo in CVS2 for about 5 hours straight. It's no wonder a player's execution is good when they've been doing stuff like that since 2001 or earlier.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Also, I remember when Melty Blood on Steam first came out the CCCaster guy tweeted about implementing his netcode into the Steam version. Has any more news or even a potential timeframe come out about the update?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Nitroplus Blasterz is coming to Steam:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/09/30/nitroplus-blasterz-heroines-infinite-duel-take-battle-pcs-2016/