Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Why do you let that stop you from playing a good game

Because the way they've been doing releases results in this

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Arcsoft give me the revelator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I've seen some people say that it's any attack where you hit after the first active frame, not just wakeup stuff.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Sounds pretty good, I'd rather watch that than the real story mode.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'll write whatever they want about those games from the viewpoint of a ~casual~. Gimme the money capcom

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Dark souls pvp is the premier 4v3 fighting game.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

who or what are dimps/eighting?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I have skullgrills and nitroplus is listed at $27. The extra 7 dollars off must be from something else.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Zain posted:

Nitroplus definitely looks like some weird waifu fighter.

You have to go into checkout.

I think this is the last screen before it does the purchase and it's just not there

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Zand posted:

I had to restart steam to get the coupon

Yeah that worked. Gotta squeeze out those savings because revelator is out next week.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

in case those weird gifs confused you a few months ago about what nidhog 2 is, the dev sent a buggy demo copy to giant bomb at their request and they made an unfinished.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odhzSX60PWI

That looks kinda fun but 20 minute long matches is a bit much.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

XRD might get more entrants than SF5 at Evo Japan.

Good because it's way better than SF5.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

If you've got scrap materials laying around you can make a stick for about $60, but if you can spare the extra to buy something manufactured it's worth the cost.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XHRIKLE/
I'm using one of these, but I don't know if it will work on either console. It shows up as a directinput controller when plugged in.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Dias posted:

Like, my ideal situation would be "you can testplay this character for a limited time on training mode", like Zen Pinball does for its tables.

Why does it need a time limit if it's training mode?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

keep an eye out for a red flash on the enemy character.

*Unless you're playing against raven and he threw out that fuckin projectile while you're waking up.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I pulled off 3 or 4 in a row in some weird fluke when I tried the training mission, haven't been able to consistently use them after that. I don't think Dizzy, Slayer, and Ramlethal have them though so I'm probably fine. :smugmrgw:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Big Scary Owl posted:

I don't want to interrupt the EVO talk, but do you guys remember Trajes Fatais? No? That brazilian indie fighting game? I think someone posted about it before here, but anyway, the devs posted a new video explaining the changes they've made to the game (there's english captions):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEZtk6mN2YY

So basically to quote an srk post:

So it's Rising Thunder again?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I've got some garbage converter intended for MAME stuff in my stick. No idea how much lag it has, but it shows up as a generic controller on Windows and I only paid 10-20 for it.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

lmao I forgot that had turned that guy into a catboy

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The revelator story gets good as soon as the pope woman shows her real personality.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

You only need two vertices for a rectangle

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Isnt just about every Xrd anti-air hitbox like that? I think most of the cast gets some upper body invuln

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I was having some baffling control issues until I realized it was steam causing them. If you're playing any fighting games on steam, go into the settings and disable all the big picture mode controller support. It'll block inputs from your stick and input them as controller button presses if you've got it turned on.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The Kins posted:

https://twitter.com/LuigiBlood/status/1045348387174977536

Thread tl;dr: The NES stuff uses iNES headers because Nintendo hired one of the iNES guys back in the day. They're present even in previously-unreleased-and-undumped stuff like the updated and enhanced Mother 1 JP on the Wii U VC.

"well this one game isnt a pirated copy so none of the games on there are" is a big leap. They could have some poo poo in-house and still have downloaded roms for stuff they lost.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

darealkooky posted:

I care about being able to watch evo without someone throwing their fetish in my face. Dunno how you can try to make the FGC super esports and try to purge all thuggery but also let a guy prance around in a suit that he has 100% got semen on.

maybe dont piss yourself about "thuggery" and "prancing" in the context of the gay black guy

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The weirdest part of the goonsgarden server was the jordan peterson fan who would insist that he wasnt one.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

dont gently caress ghosts

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

https://twitter.com/ItsMFAhere/status/1079548347919134720

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I wanna get gbvs, but I'd have to get a real stick. Still using that wooden one I made a few years ago that only works on pc.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

The ps3 and vita are dead as poo poo, no suprise they aren't getting New Thing

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I just wish GBVS had more interesting character designs instead of picking the most boring ones. :rip:

The monkey's paw slams shut and all the season2 characters are the embarrasingly horny designs

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

HerniaFlange posted:

There's an alt for one character that exposes the top of their buttcrack and another who is just in a fundashi when they enter a super. How deep does the horny rabbit hole go? Wait no

Just look at some of the official art on the granblue wiki

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

GranblueVS banned from evo after adding Yuel or Magisa

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Was this posted already?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks4eZoG94Vs

KI and Fatal Fury Special were the first fighting games we had when we got an snes.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Yoshimitsu doesn't even know about sex

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Are there any good sticks that work on all 3 platforms (pc/ps/xbox)? I want to replace the homemade wooden one because it uses some cheap usb converter meant for MAME stuff, which only works with pc.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Nazzadan posted:

This is my go-to main stick since moving off my RAP N. Grain of salt: I only play Tekken. The Omni is hands down the best stick I've ever gotten my hands on. It is an absolute hunk of solid steel that feels perfect in the lap even without non-slip material, noir layout is the only button layout I'll ever play on (personal preference, but I love that Hori's have pretty much all gone this way too). The already 35mm joystick hole made replacing the Fanta with a Fujin an absolute breeze, button cables are colored for easy swapping (I think this is more or less standard now). The case is on the smaller side both height and width so if you want a big comfortable base you might be disappointed. Despite it's smaller dimensions the internals are unbelievably open, you have all the room in the world to get your hands around in and swap parts out. Shipping was hella fast, but it did cost another $30ish on top of the aforementioned $200. Replacing the art is fast and simple, the included plexi is all you need and it doesn't come with art anyways so you just pop your buttons off, leave the lever on (in the korean version) and put your art in.

All that said, if you are interested in the Sanwa version, probably just don't. You're paying over $200 after shipping for the case and noir layout, I don't really see a point in spending that much for a Sanwa'd out stick when you can just look at a Dragon or something at that price point.

What dragon?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

drat thats 300 dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

etokki omni's support virtually everything, but their comes ready to go Sanwa and Korean (Taeyoung Fanta joystick) sticks are both awaiting a new shipment right now. You're also paying very premium price ($200 and shipping as they're a South Korean company), but they're extremely worth it if you want to spend the cash, since they come entirely decked out with high quality parts and all the fixins, especially when it comes to durable sticks with a metal body which can run really high a lot of the time when I've ever looked into them.

Universal Model - Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S / Xbox One / Xbox 360 / PS4 / PS3 / PC / Nintendo Switch / Wii U / PlayStation Classic / MegaDrive Mini / Neogeo Mini native support

Case features:
-Heavy-duty steel body frame with smooth powder coat finish for solid and comfortable gameplay
-Arcade perfect joystick & button layout as found on Namco's Noir Tekken arcade cabinets
-Universal joystick mount design accepts joysticks from Taeyoung, Myoungshin, Sanwa, Seimitsu, Crown and more
-Flexible joystick/button combination for wider customization capabilities
-Smooth curved edges for comfortable palm rest
-Anti-static design for ESD protection and stability
-High quality PVC rubber feet provide firm grip for stable gameplay and leaves no rubber stains

Clear Top Cover:
-Removable clear cover for easy custom art projects
-Slim clear cover for better ergonomics and easier artwork customization
-Rounded edges provide smooth and comfortable palm rest
-Six stainless Torx (star-shaped) bolts fitted flush with the clear cover surface provide smooth finish and lasting durability while preventing sweat-induced rust

Wiring:
-Ease of wiring with quick disconnects and snap-on connectors
-No soldering necessary to change parts or cables

Just saw they had these in stock again so I grabbed one