Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I like the asymmetrical version of the fight commander because I press the buttons with my fingers like a weirdo. It's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

How many layers of yomi are you on

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

This guy is gonna win every tournament ever

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I love Goku

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

blaztag bluebattle :thunk:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

No iphones, candy crush icon only, final destination

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Cursed image

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

danger time, but you play rock paper scissors instead

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Those anime titty posting weirdos are going to somehow destroy all fighting games.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Low throws, high throws, and overhead throws, each done with direction + two buttons of same strength

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Steve is extremely powerful
https://twitter.com/fuuchikurinSTV/status/887326006251446277

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

He thinks combos are bad but Nina's chain throws are okay :confused:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

It'll be characters from dong dong never die and brief karate foolish

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Rare Akuma

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The panthera just takes a little extra effort to change out the art and plexi, you just have to use a heat gun to soften the glue up. For some reason Razer left screw holes underneath to screw new plexi on.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The 15 and 22 dollar ones don't include Rev2.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I think this is correct, for future reference

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Figuring out which bundle to buy and how to find matches is part of learning the game!!!!!!!!!!

opening the test is part of the test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Finishing story mode gives you the character episodes and a whole bunch of gold. Play treasure mode if you just want gold and dressup items. You'll get a lot of gold just playing regularly anyway; alternatively everything gets unlocked after you play 2000 matches.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

My ring finger is extremely buff from doing dustloops

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Are there options for hitboxes out there or is it pretty much just this one?

I have some wrist and finger joint issues that make things like instant airdashes really hard on stick and played a ton of emulated fighting games on keyboard in my youth so it seems like it might be a good fit.

That's the only pre-built one afaik. You could always build one if you like DIY projects.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Mechafunkzilla posted:

In that case, someone please recommend an appropriate cereal box for conversion

Tek-Innovations sells acrylic cases which have a hitbox layout option as well as other customization options.

Jasen's customs sells complete kits or just the case. They're very expensive but will last forever.

AllFightSticks sells mix and match case parts, but in different sizes. There are even tiny ones!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

On sale!

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Chessboxing, but replace the chess with the fighting game of your choice

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

steve players pls go

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

It always feels like there's more to do, more to learn.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

me when i lose big time

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

IAD and Slayer's BDC became easy for me after I figured out korean backdashing. I think figuring out the return-to-neutral timing helped.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Noone plays 360 characters, everyone plays ps4 or pc ones.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Input delay on both is good. The panthera has a firmware update to lower the input delay, though. I modded my panthera a bunch and I like hiding snacks in it.

If you don't plan on modding your stick much, get the obsidian.

Poniard fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 17, 2017

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

holy poo poo pisss

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Mr. Dolphin isn't cute he is extremely badass

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/trtrtnk/status/951465078150189056

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Has anyone here gotten their hands on the new version of the hori fighting edge? It looks really good.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Whichever cable is long enough to connect your stick to your PC/PS4. Unless you're installing a neutrik passthrough on the case where you should get the shortest one AND one that's long enough.

Oversized actuator's a bigger thing of plastic you put on the bottom of the joystick so the microswitches click with less stick movement.

Those springs make the stick harder to move.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

They can win in those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

I wonder if there are any old arcade machines that use buttons for the directions instead of a joystick. I can imagine some bootleg arcade machine being made without access to a joystick manufacturer and so they settle with putting buttons in instead.