Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

genuinely not buying/playing this game because it's 2v2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Harlock posted:

MVC3 is going to be resurrected with the PS4 version and MVC Infinite falls to the wayside

lol if u think people will play an older version of a capcom game and not the new one

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

my understanding is that the huge majority of "new" characters marvel has made over the last 5 years are just "old superhero design but she's a girl with girly bits"

what's the over/under on marvel vs capcom infinite having more female characters than DOA5?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

It gets my dick hard because I had a bad relationship with my mother.

Broken Loose posted:

The announcement trailer has a 3:1 m:f ratio, so not really gonna happen. Also, Capcom would get in the way.

you don't know who's under that iron man suit. It could even be an IRON WOMAN

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

except most of the characters people play can either airdash glitch or just have really easy counterhit setups that will beat you mashing j.s

so unless you play phoenix you should probably just take that combo and save your fingers the trouble

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I'm genuinely confused who this switch sf2 game is for. SF2 and the snes in general are like 8 years before the target audience for the switch were even born and if it's a nostalgia piece why is it slow as gently caress when sf2 turbo was out on snes first and (iirc) sold more than super did the year later?

in ST damage and stun values are somewhat random so sometimes you can do that sweet combo -> dizzy -> combo 100% combo and sometimes you just can't

cool game tho

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

It's for people who buy a switch and want a local multiplayer game to play with their friends

these people are more likely to buy stuff like the new bomberman, dbz xenoverse, minecraft or whatever mario co-op game will be coming out. not a prettied up re-release of a game from nearly 3 decades ago

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

dunno if any game where some but not all of the cast gets a reversal for 1/9th of their total meter that leads into a lengthy 50% combo on hit & free pressure/mixup puppet shenanigans on block can be good, regardless of the quality it's relatives have

e: I tune in & fist thing I see is a dio pulling off the post ko timestop glitch that lets him auto kill someone in round 2, so I guess it's a good game after all

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jan 15, 2017

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

people that play skullgirls for too long get a brain disease from hearing ms fortune's never ending lovely quips where they think it's a pioneer in literally every possible way & all of it's mechanics are the cream of the fighting game crop vs other similar mechanics

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

she never actually says this

there's a round start line where she clearly enunciates "Can I have a cheesburger?" and a line where Cerebella makes fun of her grammar and Fortune gets offended

I hope trump really is hitler so he can gas everyone responsible for this

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

"wouldn't it be awesome if peacock said a meme that's about 10 years old from a movie that's about 20 years old every other time she did her projectile, that move she does 500 times every round?" - someone that not only didn't get fired (into the sun) but got paid

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Captain Baal posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

me, evidently. many others I would assume

"the video game character said this funny meme" will, like all jokes, make you laugh only a few times

fighting games are inherently repetitive

combining the two is bad bad news

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Learning Japanese is the worst thing you can do

:yeah:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

reubenke could do great sprite/AI work but his characters were basically textbook "teenage anime power fantasy made by people who don't really know how FG design works"

they're like a parody of what the uninformed think anime games are, just combo everything into everything else for 20 seconds

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

That guy that cant dp in gg almost makes sense if hes playing online with a bad connecttion. Getting that timing to beat tight gaps can be a real bitch

Jmcrofts posted:

But Persona 5....

Did they cancel the ps3 version?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

cmon, it would obviously be smash.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Elephunk posted:

If nobody picks giants and didn't do their homework with Karas it's totally fine to play casual

someone repost the vid where a tekkaman player lands one hit on ryu and then spends the entire rest of the round flying into space while ryu futilely whiffs normals to build meter off-camera

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Zand posted:

try GGX for the GBA, its really funky

this game is genuinely good for what it is. it's a very faithful port of the original game and doesn't really have the weird slowdown or other jank that plagues other handheld demakes of fighters.

they just had to make it look and sound like total loving trash to get there, no big deal though.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 18, 2017

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Brosnan posted:

It's Tekken so he can kinda be in whatever you want him to be in.

can he be in something that actually looks distinct instead of generic jp fashion model or wacky stuff only sort of following his model ala an mmo?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Fereydun posted:

play marvel

did they fix any of the glitches? If I can't still can't unblockable TAC people w/ spiderman I'll be sad

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

in marvel 3 playing against your neighbor online is like a fufcking slideshow for real. like the online in that game is actually unplayable and im not even exaggerating

have you considered you might just have trashheap internet?

if I can do dante combos online and sometimes block zero how bad can it be?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I barely find 4f Xrd on PC with v-sync off acceptable if that's useful.

isn't this literally console + tv offline level input delay?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

mango sentinel posted:

I forgot Jill was in the game

same but x-23

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Brosnan posted:

They don't. Capcom doesn't have any idea what makes fighting games good.

to be fair, I imagine at least partially the blame is on marvel too. they hosed up mvc3 development around the edges all over the place.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

In Training posted:

Why is "everyone has an air dash" a bad thing

you can learn exactly how stupid characters like haggar or wesker can get with an airdash using h&h cards

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

if we're talking about things that will never happen can we just get a generic shin megami fighting game so ppl like raidou and seraph can be in it

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

Stupid Tekken outfits own, and forums user mamma Horus has a stone where his heart should be.

there's a thin line between "shark man" and "lol I made my character a mess of neon bullshit and items that hover off my back like a cheap early 00's mmo"

being able to customize your character to just look like poo poo was the one tekken mechanic strekken had that made the game worse, the rest of why that game sucked was all sf stuff

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

alpha 3 is good in all ways except actually being a fighting game you take seriously

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

landing a heavy hit and doing 100% in one hit as haomaru when playing samsho5 was the most satisfying thing I've done in any fg

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Endorph posted:

the good movement neutral footsies game people want is melty blood

melty blood doesn't have footsies b/c you can't shimmy in midair. QED

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I don't want arcsys to make persona 5 arena, "fighting game with over the top vaguely edgy designs where the main character is a highschooler who uses a knife" is clearly french bread territory

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

How is that guy wrong? X-factor & the fact that like 90% of the cast can at least do 50% off a light hit for one bar of meter means that you can get away with using a lot more characters in lower level play than you can in mvc2. compare the # of characters that have made top 8 in this game vs mvc2 and it's at least 3 times as many. or does competitive only mean ""can win tournaments with"

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

What else is it supposed to mean

if we reduce "competitive character" to mean "has the biggest chance to win tournaments" than every game has around 4 competitive characters and a bunch of chaff

mvc2 is a better game but mvc3 is certainly better balanced, compare the damage/tools low tier mvc3 characters like ghost rider or iron fist have compared to bison or hayato in mvc2 and tell me who you'd rather fight top tiers in their respective game with

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

inthesto posted:

A3 without v-ism is the shittiest Street Fighter game ever made

someone please post some a3 gief hitboxes please

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

the only change 3s needs is that ken should be able to do his dp juggles off any hit because those are cool as gently caress

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

mycot posted:

Do overhead/low projectiles exist in any fighting game? Sincere question, I don't have much reference but I always assumed projectiles always hitting mid was a convention.

hol horse in jojo's has both overhead and low htting projectiles, and can cancel one into the other for basically unblockable setups if he catches you right

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Dias posted:

It does feel like this is from an alpha build and you shouldn't judge it too harshly based on that (see early SFV trailers as reference)

except outside of universal air dashes, a couple move tweaks and super minor poo poo like "the camera doesn't zoom in on win poses" or "the combo counter also lists damage like in TVC" the very first trailer for mvc3 was what the launch game was like.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Maluco Marinero posted:

What exactly is bad about Max

max promotes himself as an old school fighting game head yet also put out a video of MVC2 HD (a game he says in the vid itself he's played for years) where he lost to the most basic rear end sentinel spit + assist runaway despite having a pretty good team and got really mad about how overpowered it was

there's nothing wrong with being bad at fighting games but max is the big/sole authority on the subject to his huge fanbase so it's basically impossible for his followers to know correct things

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

anime was right posted:

dude like half this thread contains higher skill tournament level players in a shitload of games lol

for example I am the worlds greatest rakuga kids and Slap Happy Rhythm Busters player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

anime was right posted:

tekken 3 was like literally the only 3d fighting game that wasnt trash and released on a not trash console, making it the only actual fighting game to the average consumer in the year 1998

bushido blade came out in 1997