Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Nintendo games don't filter by region. This means you get Smash matches that appear smooth but have huge input lag cuz your opponent is half the world away and Splatoon games where you shoot a Japanese kid a hundred times and they never drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I refuse to believe the She-Hulk nerfs weren’t a Marvel edict.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

I played Strive at Faustings and was surprised by how much I disliked how it felt but it was worlds better than Granblue. God that game was not fun at all.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Anyone know if you play the beta without PS+?

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

at the time i thought it was a work but i don't think lupe is good enough of an actor to give the reaction he does at winning

Both parties aren't always in on the fix. The whole thing screamed work but that doesn't mean Lupe was was in on it.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Sega has been stable and profitable for at least a decade now. It’s no longer 1999. They release plenty of good games of all sorts. Saying it’s a poorly run company is absurd.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Valkyrie Profile's pacing is horrible; the first few hours are filled with text you can't manually advance, sizable pauses between lines of dialogue, a whole lottain fuckin' walking, and that dub really undercuts any weight the story might have.

Like I'm just skimming through a long play right now and there were a few minutes of combat/dungeon in the first few hours, which wouldn't be the biggest deal if all the cutscenes and town exploration segments weren't so incredibly slow. Thumbs up to anyone who values their time enough that they don't wanna waste hours of their life waiting for that game to get good; I'm very fond of it on the whole but the game wastes so much of the player's time that I would never recommend anyone actually play it unless there are patches that speed poo poo up.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Street Fighter II sold millions of copies and Street Fighter 3's sales were in the tens of thousands at best so I don't think it was "a few dorks"

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

All the console stuff on Fightcade 2 has been unplayable for me and my friends due to desyncs. Reached a point where we just gave up on using it for anything that isn't an arcade game.

If there's some kind of fix or tweak for this I'd love to know cuz our experiences were all incredibly bad. Seemed like desyncing was inevitable and once it happens it never re-syncs so you end up with poo poo like playing a baseball game where each player is in a different inning.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

My guess is they already use those servers for other poo poo

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

BurningCourage posted:

VF5 US has felt nothing but lovely to me online and I'm wired in, playing against other people near me who are also wired in, and have had nothing but 4bar matches so far.

Well if you're playing ranked that's cuz the ping indicator doesn't work and always shows 4 bars.

And it will just match you up with anyone across the globe.

So ever since I hit 10th dan it's matching me with lots of Japanese players and it is hell. So many games are unplayably laggy. They often won't stutter but they feel like utter poo poo and I'll be unable to reliably do super basic things like followup Taka's command grab with P+K.

The game's also unplayable against some of my best friends which is frustrating since I can play other lovely delay based fighters against them at a somewhat bearable level.

It's all incredibly frustrating and disappointing but I keep playing cuz this is one of my favorite games and I'm desperate enough that I'm just gonna suffer through all the ugly bits until I can't tolerate it anymore.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

BurningCourage posted:

Oh is that the case with ranked? That would explain some of it then. Is it the same for lobbies as well? Was in one with friends last night (all in the UK and reasonably close to each other) and it sucked for all of us.

Lobbies seem to show pings other than "4 bars green" but I have no idea how accurate they are

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Wasn’t Ono a notoriously abusive boss and no one was sorry to see him go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Based on the way folks were talking about how bad the tag team angle was and the FG division’s clumsy attempts to chase that esports money I wouldn’t be surprised if they were trying to make SF6 a 4+ player team game