Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
On the subject of good tutorials in fighting games,

Under Night In-Birth Exe Late[st] comes out tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Learning a lot about RE:7 here

I still don't really get that game. It had a really strong opening but I felt like the longer it went on the less interesting it became. Jack was fantastic and I loved everything about his sections. Then Margret was merely okay I guess and Lucas was boring as all hell. Like for me it just petered out super hard then just kinda ended.

My main grievance with the game is Capcom seriously trying to tell me that that dude in the game is Chris Redfield.

Like, I am not white, but that man looks nothing like Chris loving Redfield.

e: And you can't call spoilers on this one, Capcom marketed this front and center with that new DLC

MechaX fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Feb 12, 2018

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

UNIST, even disregarding its dedicated fanbase, still had likely the worst timing ever, as most people are still talking about DBFZ.

The problem for UNIST is that it probably shouldn't have taken a year to release regardless.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

Mika seems extremely fun in UNIEL, and it's too bad I will never play this game against another human being probably

I picked up Wagner in UNIST because I may like her as much as Yuzuriha (and she is a lot easier to play than Yuzu) and tried going online for science.

There was literally one person online with 300k points (I don't know if that's a lot for this game?) a 90% win streak who knew all of his 25+ hit combos.

I too would like to fight human beings in this game (or ones around my skill level that don't play like Tool Assisted Programs), but I know deep in my heart that it's not happening.

Still don't regret spending the $40.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Yeah but do it for the return of English Dub Ragna

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Yeah, let me get more of that James Chen commentary where he explains how awesome that Shimmy into Fierce was into the next goddamn round

Draxamus posted:

I think Majin Obama and TastySteve GG commentary was some of the best. Good example of being both hype AND insightful. You can have both!

At least until Majin Obama decides to do something like equate Elphet’s gun attack with the Florida shootings or some poo poo and ends up taking you right of the match with a fierce WTF double take.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 2, 2018

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

No, but you see respectful golf commentary is so much more professional.

I like my professional commentary at locals just like I like my Cris Collinsworth commentary at practice games.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Endorph posted:

it was literally a core mechanic of smb2?

Are we talking smb"2" or lost levels

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I wish DTN was an option for me. The best I got is probably poo poo like Anime Central.

Well, Combo Breaker is the best option, but in every year of my adult life, I have had something important professionally scheduled for it, so no go.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Remember dark prince? He's back, in pog form

Suddenly those crazy stories of dark prince going off to become a mercenary in third world countries makes a whole lot more sense

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I can't blame them for taking it seriously given recent events and the fact that no matter how funny the Ghost of Marvel 2 is, it was still an incident where a shirtless man literally just walked up on stage while security was asleep at the wheel.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

what's more poverty than tmnt, yatagarasu, and sailor moon

Power Rangers: Fighting Edition.

With tournament legal Ivan Ooze.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 27, 2018

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Street Overlord on PCP Station is the realest of the fighters, of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lckkz6cTSZw

For a second I thought this was related to Stree Overlord (completely different, but amusingly still topical, product) and I was very confused.

But if we are going to open the door to Tiger Electroncs esque stuff, the abyss is endless

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

If they wanted to just go balls deep in a bad idea, they should have also invited DSP.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I think I might have played Mike Chaos or someone who looked alarmingly like him about 10 years ago (brought an entire posse with him too).

I learned that if you ain't doing infinite combos, get the gently caress off the stick and let the crew run FT10000s on the cabinet all evening

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is Toki in it yet?

Not yet, but apparently Persona Naoto, Vatista, and Hakumen just got announced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGsShxps2BY

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

A part of me wants to see Hilda in just to witness how dumb a Hilda/Nu team would be (all swords, full screen zoning all day).

But I really just want Yuzuriha. Wagner is cool too... but oddly hated at the last locals I went to because of her “bullshit sword and shield”

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

If the switch smash was called melee 2

Would this version be fully compatible with CRT’s

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Romes128 posted:

Aris too. For harassing a girl on stream.

Aris did mature a poo poo ton since the Cross Counter days and I believe he did apologize to the woman he said that to. Hasn't done anything stupid since then on or off stream either, so that's a bit of a rarity for the FGC.

Marn continues to be awful right up to this very second, but hey, he's Wong best friend or something so he always get passes for poo poo he does and/or says

MechaX fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 28, 2018

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

Anyway, not defending Marn, but Flash Metroid might actually be scummier but no one ever talks that much about all the poo poo he has pulled (including stealing $7000 from one of his closest friends).

The only reason Marn even came up in this subject was when his firing of a employee literally because she didn’t want to have sex with him came up. I don’t think Flash is approaching that level of scummy.

And this isn’t even getting into that gambling debt situation Marn got himself into where he was a couple steps away from getting a bullet in his head because of it

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Tell me more please.

To put a long story short, he had a gambling problem while also sucking at it. His debt got so significant that he eventually pissed off the wrong folks (he pissed off some dudes with mob connections), and I believe there was a stretch where he was doing a lot of money matches despite not being able to pay out because he had no money.

His parents paid off the debt but later disowned him for it. He rarely ever talks about it now, but I do believe he confirmed it many years ago.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 30, 2018

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Nah, Ross was talking about going back to the Dark Prince days where there was a non-zero chance of getting stabbed in the parking lot because you hit ‘em with your swag Magneto combo

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I liked playing as Deadshot in Injustice, so Boon is alright with me

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Under Night is pretty rad.

But this reminds me that I should probably boot up my Steam copy of Melty Blood one of these days

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Dub Ragna’s Carnage Scissors has been engraved on my very soul.

Also, I love that Cross Tag is so unabashedly absurd. Like, put in NBA infinites and we’d literally have the second coming of Hokuto no Ken

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I secretly want Boon to announce Scorpion in BlazBlue Cross Tag, with this theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBrwIMYV3-A&t=21s

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I have mostly been playing as Weiss/Yukiko despite never being good with Yukiko in P4A and also because I am a sucker for this Fire and Ice gag that even the characters themselves seem to be in on.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Chaotic Flame posted:

Are there pools or just like a Top 8 situation?

Surprise twist is that they're a bunch of Smash players

Have fun on that one

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

AndyElusive posted:

Uh excuse me, he has a name and it's AEON.

Calling him Lizardman is like calling a Chinese person Chinaman.

:colbert:

For the first time in my life, I looked up the lore for the winged lizard man formerly known as Lizardman.

... man, his life loving sucks

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

No stops, only SHFFL’s

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Maybe he thinks a Chie/Azrael Team should be able to kill you in 4 hits as opposed to 8.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I feel like KBR is a life test of sorts; this grown rear end man flat out tells you that he wants to crash at your place, eat your food, have you bus him around town, doesn’t have a full time job, but you know this dude has at least some money to take care of all of this poo poo himself. But he doesn’t come across as super forceful about it

Do you say yes knowing it’s a dumbass idea, knowing he fully admits and embraces the bum life, and no, he ain’t going to teach you swag Mahvel combos, or do you say hell loving no?

Still better than FChamp though

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I even used to play Smash and I have no loving clue what a Dash RAR Short Hop even is

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

BBCTB is fun but this damage is insane, the PS4 population saw a pretty steep drop, and some characters are just the worst (I was indifferent to Ruby before, but now? Miss me with that bullshit).

As fun as it is, I still wish everyone just played UNIST instead.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

After about a week of scrubbing it up with Yu/Orie in Cross Tag (I'm getting wins, but I am highly skeptical it's due to any ability on my part, these characters are just really good and their assists can lead into more stuff), I finally decided to plunge in this story mode despite falling asleep in literally every BB story mode out there.

Not even ten goddamn minutes into this, they have me fight unreleased DLC characters. C'mon Arc, that's not cool

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Naoto's kinda cool, but didn't really make the conversion as well as I would have hoped. But it's still kind of funny to have a character that can legit kill a character in two combos + four bars no matter what you do, so you don't need those swag 12k+ combos.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I still see Ruby everywhere, but for the most part, they still do 5k combos off of stray A’s sometimes with assists that don’t do much to extend for her.

I feel like Gordeau has dropped off because a lot of characters can just do dumb stuff against poorly used Grim Reapahs (this is not to say that Gordeau is not a solid or good character). However, people have been picking up Es with a quickness.

I wonder how many people are going to stick with Yang in the end; she’s real fun, but you gotta have some skill at neutral against the people who know how to use big buttons or really good projectiles (Nu and oh my god Vatista)

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Crocoswine posted:

once people figured out bursting I went from winning most of my matches to winning maybe like 1 in 20

I am not good at anticipating when they'll burst and I'm bad enough that I only get a few chances to actually do a combo per round so I'm just completely hosed now. :V

It’s not entirely about anticipating a burst, but as the videos above show, you can just assist call to punish bursts once you see the flash with enough practice. Hell, the burst can still hit you, but your assist is still going to punish and with a good assist, you can just get up and go into a combo off of it.

The anticipation part usually comes in the form of “okay, I got a hit off, does he have full partner bar? If so, he’s probably going to burst immediately. If not, hold this damage.”

The players who know how burst punishing works, and knows they have an opponent who knows as much, will likely only wait until after the assist in combo extensions to burst even if that means taking 3k-4K damage. Of course this still would only set both players back to square one after the burst, and opens up a new depth of mind games, but all of that is really by people who have been at this stuff for awhile.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

I have almost everything else on Steam, but I'll probably bite on UMvC3.

$9.99 is a drat good price for that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Pomp posted:

the netplay is somehow worse than the console version apparently

... I did not know this and am kinda disappointed by it

Will probably still buy it because good loving luck getting a better sale on PSN ever, and at the very least, local play is still an option for me