Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Night Blade posted:

No shut up we need 15 seconds intros that everyone skips.

i agree, marvel 3 has the best intros

edit: wow i actually forgot how fast marvel 3's intros went by. i guess i just assumed they were longer because of how much character they had.

sharrrk fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Countblanc posted:

i went to michigan event back in 2013 and went 0-2 in sf4 or something, I don't even remember, but then i played casuals in AH3 against the same guy with the same characters for 4 hours. all and all a good tournament

Thats badass

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i like the girl with the guns

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

beating your friends bad enough to make them stop playing with you is a time honored tradition among fg players

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

NecroMonster posted:

my favorite umvc3 team was team "round start coin-flip"

i liked angelic's wolverine/dormammu/shuma-gorath team, myself

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i've been messing around in training and arcade mode in melty blood the last few days and i'm enjoying it a lot. right now i think my favorite characters are archetype: earth, satsuki, and powered ciel. am i correct in thinking that the full moon styles are generally less execution heavy than the other styles?

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Babe Magnet posted:

it's been almost 13 years and there still isn't a fighting game song that goes half as hard as the Mortal Kombat theme song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4QS2uRwaVY

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Eliza (Tekken 7), Robin (Smash 4), Tira (Soulcalibur V), Braixen (Pokken), Juri (USF4), X-23/Dormammu/Shuma-gorath (UMVC3), Amy (SCIV), Fukua/Ms. Fortune (SG), Mina (Samsho V), B. Jenet (Garou), Honey (Fighters Megamix), Durga (Anarchy Reigns)

and i don't like mortal kombat but i'll always pick Johnny Cage if i'm playing it

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Dracula Factory posted:

I use a Hori Fighting commander pad and I would recommend it if you aren't married to getting a stick.

I use this also

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

gameplay wise you basically just recreate an existing character with one of 5 different heights that make minor adjustments to their stats. after that it's just playing dolly dress up

edit: that's how it was in 5 anyway. 3 and 4 let you pick weapons and abilities that further changed stats, and 3 had a couple unique fighting styles exclusive to the create a soul

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Real hurthling! posted:

so with akuma and geese in tekken, i'd have to guess the GG character will also be a badguy (not that one)

i hope its ramlethal cuz i think she's cool. sol makes the most sense though. whoever it is will probably be really fun to play

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Fereydun posted:

look if a cosmic being gives you armor you wear it okay

even if it is totally useless, still

didn't bulma design the grey armor for him? i guess at this point she's basically a cosmic being with everything she's pulled off

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Real hurthling! posted:

They should make a fighter where you spend 15 mins getting dressed before your opponent rolls you

That's Tekken 7

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

they might get a skullgirl in there, didnt they make a sprite for filia as fanart at one point?

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

everyone except eliza and akuma can walljump, yeah. the command is back back upback against a wall

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i'm just holding out hope for tira to return

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Babe Magnet posted:

same but dampierre

bring back all the cool new guys that werent just children of the old guys imo

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i'll be upset if they only go with old characters and don't bring in any of the newer ones

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

bring back supers but only for algol, also bring back algol

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i liked chris g when i only knew him from his gameplay and never read or listened to anything he said

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i played a lot of tekken 7 at magfest this weekend and had a lot of fun. i'm primarily a pad player, i like the fc4 a lot, but i had to swap to stick anytime i played on the cabinets they had set up. little frustrating at first but it's nothing i couldnt just deal with and i got better everytime i played. anyway i like a tekken a lot bye

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

isn't the 6 vs 6 mode online only? i don't think we're going to see a lot of that unfortunately

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

In Training posted:

That recent t7 event with 5 people on mics and a tasty steve soundboard was the greatest tourney I've watched in ages

This was godlike

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Countblanc posted:

The other rumored character I heard floating around with Witcher was Zero from One Piece. Fingers crossed!!!

Do you think zoro would have stances to change how many swords he's wielding

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Mason Dixon posted:

He should.

More importantly, he should be able to spend all his meter to prevent a ring-out, because he actually got lost while falling off and found his way back onto the stage.

this is the reason he will be there in the first place. he got lost and somehow ended up in soul calibur world, and now hes annoyed enough to fight everyone he meets

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

pokken has a bunch of characters with different midair movement options including at least one with an airdash

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i tried playing yomi before and it seemed fun but i couldn't get over how bad the character designs were,

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

NecroMonster posted:

when raph does one of his special movies on tmnt it sounds like he is saying a dirty word

raphael is cool, but crude

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

ive been playing unist a good amount lately and i like eltnum

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i like the part of her combos where she kicks people up with it then kicks them back down in the back of their dumb head. everything about it is satisfying

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

In Training posted:

We haven't seen any footage yet. What if smash goes 3D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV0edD_Gsw8

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Kawabata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_p9BpNO8T8

lol it's the same animation for all the characters caught in the juggle: one leg bent the other extended, it's looked like that for the past 21 years of tekken

man king is awesome

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

Shiki Dan posted:

So everybody has forgotten about Tekken x Street Fighter already?

i believe

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

pokken tournament is the best "beginner" fg, imo

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

they might have a sprite set for filia partially done already since iirc they wanted to put her in uniel

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

recolor her and put in fukua instead cuz i liked her

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

yoshimitsu looks really cool but i want to see lizardman

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i would have gone but i didnt consider it until way too late. i'm going to make sure to go next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharrrk
Feb 13, 2012

It's time to party!

i use the pokken controller for dpad heavy games