Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think when you have a big roster of characters people already like its fine to just cycle them in and out and not add many new ones. soulcalibur 6 only had 2 new characters that werent guests and i think that was the correct call for that game. i'll be happy if tekken 8 doesn't have many new characters either, theres so many i want to see returning as it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

the xbox avatars are good and im glad i won't have to look at any lol so random maxed out slider creatures in the lobby

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

yeah when SC5 under-performed and they gave the series time off only for it to come back and under-perform again (even as a full timeline reboot!) I fully expect the franchise to be put on ice for the foreseeable future.

Maybe it's not as dead as, say, Virtua Fighter but I wouldn't place any bets on seeing another one any time soon.

what world are you living in where sc6 was a flop. it got a second wave of dlc and a world tour (cancelled only because of a worldwide pandemic) a year after release, flops don't get those

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

okubo leaving bamco is the bigger issue with there being a sequel anytime soon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ghosts should bring you back presents when they beat other players, like in Dragon's Dogma

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

genuinely: kbd is one of the most fun things to do when playing tekken. embrace it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

she does not look like a real mishima, she just has a couple moves. obviously we havent seen everything from her but there was no sign of having a crouch dash in the trailer, we saw the electric but we don't know if its a real one or if it just visually looks like one

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

reversal edge would be cool if they removed the weird rps cutscene mechanic. the RE move itself is a neat extension of the guard impact system, being a slower to activate GI but you can hold it instead of having to time it, making it easier to use for new players compared to GI. plus the parry animations when you're holding it just look cool. they did patch RE to only cause the effect on hit and not on block which did help it a lot, but as a result the mechanic almost never shows up at high levels of play so it feels like why does it even exist.

super meter was added in 5, soul charge is the new thing for 6 where you can spend a bar to go super saiyan and it powers up your moves, pauses the timer, and makes everything too much. soul charge is IMO the worst thing about the game and it's such an unnecessary addition.

lethal hits are epic, some of them could have been thought out better but i would love to see them back. the other thing they added were individual unique character mechanics for everyone, these are very reminiscent of anime games. i don't think they were really necessary either but i don't hate them, they do help with creating more of an identity for each character so i could go either way for those.

all these things being added at once in 6 is what lead to game feeling so overwhelming for what was traditionally one of the easiest to get into fgs. it still ended up pretty popular in spite of that until covid killed its offline presence, it had enough momentum that it was set to be at evo for a second year in a row and had a world tour planned out, i think that says a lot about how good the game is imo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FC2UCF0A8Dk

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

tekken ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

Hoping they do another silhouette fakeout and it's Robo-Ky but his new body is just gucci'd out.

its gonna be sharon and itll kick rear end