Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

On the other hand, it's the difference between 2.5ms (2+) and 5ms (S+), which isn't anywhere near perceptible unless your brain is superhumanly fast and able to notice one sixth of a frame in lag. :v:

It adds up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

We need team Turf Masters

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

General Morden posted:

what's the point of unequipping yoshimitsu's sword

does it change move proprieties or something

also yoshimitsu has sick rear end combos in t7

He gets a Mishima-style 10 frame knockdown jab punish in 2, 1 and the 1+4 flash gets some range, which JustFrameJames often uses to great effect.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

dragon enthusiast posted:

Tekken probably has Just Throws too

Paul has a just frame throw

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

I felt the best of the bunch was Fearless Night. At first glance it looks like a Melty Blood clone, but when actually playing it, it really is Guilty Gear with all of the fat cut out. If you like Guilty Gear, you should like this game.
I wish this aesthetic would've stayed in the 00's

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

neoclassical+anime is the worst combination because when people play those games in events high-frequency sounds like violins and little girls screaming is all you hear

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

General Morden posted:

great way to kill aris's hopes and dreams

Aris is content living in the past and playing sc2 via dolphin

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

tekken: 10 frame jabs
street fighter 5: 3-5 frame jabs

your welcome harada (veteran videogame professional)

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

doa is a female power fantasy

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

TMNT: Tournament Fighters for SNES

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I made a bet during an evo match that Abegen will do a random SheHulk lvl3 and it won't hit (he did it, you couldn't even see it because the other guy was too high up lol poor predictable abegen)

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I like the water guy(s) especially the one with air fireballs and nothing else

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

yunfei's fatality is he rips out your soul and stabs it

yunfei's fatality is to get a single hit in and run away for the timeout

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

high crush all the time

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

it's not a fighting game if justin wong can't make top 8

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Elephunk posted:

Can anybody explain the situation with getting a modern PS3 or 360 Arcade Stick to play on a Dreamcast lag-free?

We are all old MvC2 heads in Philly, we turned 30 and finally can afford to not play on the PS3 version with it's minor flaws.

I know where to get an old DC (EBay), I know I need a nice CRT, but what's up with the sticks?

Is there a cheap lag-free adapter for PS3 or XBOX360 TE Sticks -> DreamCast?

ps360+ PCB has dreamcast support

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

this is some advanced post-irony for 2009, truly ahead of its time

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Tekken did the fat blonde martial arts american better

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

dhamster posted:

There should be a shoto who shoots out a fire elemental instead of a fireball. The fire elemental acts like a fireball, except he knows how to do a dragon punch.

did you intentionally describe avdol from jojos

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

angel opportunity posted:

Where are the casual players who are drawn in by this kind of thing? I just don't see it at all.

I feel they are trying to appeal to casuals that also want to compete and win aka scrubs. "True" casuals (the vast majority of players) just want tons of poo poo to do and see, and they don't care if some mechanic is too complex, they'll just ignore it and keep mashing and having fun with the superheroes and explosions

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

dhamster posted:

sonic vs capcom

A "badness" meter fills up as the match goes on. It doesn't open up any additional moves or anything, it just makes the gameplay worse across the board.

There's a comeback mechanic "going back to roots"

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Get a pentagram gate, hail satan

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Reiley posted:

Does anyone know any fighting game characters who have move like Talbain's Beast Cannon? I realize that I have the most fun with characters who have that move where they charge forward on one angle, and then move a second time on another angle. Since I thought about it Samsho's Rera works like Beast Cannon if you count the dismount angle as a second arc, and there's the famous Quick Attack in Smash. Are there other characters who do this? Because I will probably enjoy the games they're in a lot.

Vanilla Ice in jojo's

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Gavok posted:

Superman: For truth and justice!
Scorpion: THERE IS NO JUSTICE!

bad metaphors posted:

Supergirl: You're gay
Batman: You look like a man
Supergirl: *camera zooms in* You have sex with men

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

The only truly terrible mvc3 theme is Iron Man's

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Indestructible...Games For Windows Live interface...

I can't belive I'm feeling nostalgic towards these things

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I got a stick because Marduk's vale tudo stance cancels were too hard on a pad

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

if monster hunter world succeeds maybe capcom can buy the new version of bryce and poser for the 3 croatians that work on all other non-monster hunter capcom games

3 croatians gave us serious sam and talos principle (very good)

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

I use a Hori Fighting commander pad and I would recommend it if you aren't married to getting a stick.

Does having multiple sticks count as polyamory

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

anime was right posted:

lol i forgot, wesker isn't in mvc:i

hes like, the most popular new char to mvc3

aaaaaaaahaha

maybe they'll put his lovely son in. Troy Baker is already voicing Hawkeye and Nova so one more couldn't hurt right?

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Keegers posted:

I only use heavy and ex because those do the most damage. Why waste time on the lesser punches/kicks, if I'm in a fight I'm not going to lightly punch my opponent.

That's pretty much how brolylegs has to play

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Dopey question but where can I learn about locals in my region? I know a barcade that apparently has small events but they never advertise them.

Zombiebrian's FGC World Map
Don't know how up to date this is

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

If skullgirls is marvel 2 skullgirls 2 should be like mvc3

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

HnK has both 1 and 2 button throws so it is obviously the best

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

We should begin publicly shaming everyone who misuses the term bnb

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

I like it when less-known local guys are doing commentary and talking about happenings in the scene and such

EDIT: When Mike Ross was trying to show some reviewer guys how to play they just mashed like insane. Someone put it nicely: When a casual picks up a new FPS they don't just blindly spray bullets at the wall and hope something happens, why would they do it in a fighting game?

Flinger fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 2, 2018

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

Fantasy Strike is bad because it looks like poo poo and all of the characters are unmemorable piles of barf

i like the fat dragon

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIMlll1gOWQ
MS-DOS is the one true fighting game platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

It feels strange to read about people not being aware of their "local" scenes because my weekly group is so tight-knit and everybody always knows what's going on. Then again NYC alone has almost double the population of my whole country :shittypop: