Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

CEO or Evo if I can only go-to one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/angelicfg/FineGnatWutFace

Yoooo sick play

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

"America is free to Japan"

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Baby

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Does the fgc have a spot for For Honor 1v1?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Ixiggle posted:

the toilet

Thought that was smashes reserved venue

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm debating on T7 or injustice 2. Probably going to buy T7 since I'm not a big nrs fan. Anyone play injustice 2 that thinks it's worth the buy?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i really wonder how they got around the 8 min ps4 timeout

also wondering how it'll handle sony firmware updates.

Probably had to add some type of Bluetooth authentication.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

pissdude posted:

i think a lot of people who aren't willing to just swallow their ego and buckle down to learn some of the hard truths about fighting games through hours of frustrating failures in training mode, terrible losses against people better than them, etc just really like the idea of fighting games in concept but that's about it

Currently my problem with people in for honor. They bitch about everything because they aren't from a fighting game background. That said wish it had a good lab.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

BattleTech posted:

But why? http://sfvboost.net/ They just started following me on twitter.

So you can get boosted to gold and lose it all in a week. Or troll battle lounges for the rest of your days with a sick gold ranking.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Simple controls != Bad game. I mean look at rising thunder :rip: game had some fun gameplay with moba esk control scheme.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I want to buy mvc3 but netcode probably gonna be poo poo so I'll pass.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Zand posted:

find friends and lobbies imo

My friends hate fighting games because Im a "tryhard" in them. Tryhard meaning I can hit confirm and do 3+ button combos.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

PC mods as well

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Brosnan posted:

"just a bunch of thugs"

Must of been marvel stream.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Zand posted:

trash talk is fun if everyone is cool with it, but to outsiders and weak babygamers it definitely seems toxic

edit has anyone tried the new razer stick

https://youtu.be/iB1uQmvmh_k

This got blown up and I didn't see any non fgc articles bashing this. And this was way more thuggery than kbrad.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Every character will have Rashido theme song.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

How is ki population after the world's tournament? Last time I tried to play I couldn't find a match outside of discord.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Looks p2w

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

What you need to do is goto Evo and challenge the winner of mvc3 to a money match in mvc2 right after he wins.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

How much more popular would KI be if it was on ps4 also?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Cool a 4v4 fighting game so I can blame my teammates for my losses doesn't have anything to do with my dropped combos.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Dracula Factory posted:

So I'm gonna give KI a try, I miss FGs and I don't have anyone nearby who plays something that isn't SFV, and a game with competent online features sounds nice. I don't want to spend much money on the game so I figure buying one character and sticking with them for a while is the way to go. I was gonna buy Omen cause he looks cool, but I guess I can't buy him on his own, which is dumb, so now I need a new squeeze. Is there anyone in KI who is particularly fun to play or should I just find any old character that I like?

You can get Jago for free so you could play him till you find a character you like. All the characters unlock in training mode so you can play with them there.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Which mortal Kombat game had the chess mini game. Shits was tons of fun.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I bought ki definitive edition about a week ago. Decided to refund it today because I ended up only playing one character. Still good game though​ I'm just a cheap rear end.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Jeremy Soule needs to compose fighting game music. All of his work is very good.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Jmcrofts posted:

Beating Daigo is becoming more and more common every day

Try that on my 03 daigo.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Mvc3 is 25% off on steam right now. So $18.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Jmcrofts posted:

USF4 is a lot more balanced than sf5. It's also less fun but eh

SFv is fun? Must still be loading for you.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Night Blade posted:

So I was dicking around today in an Barcade that had Street Fighter 2 Rainbow edition and I really liked how the stick felt.

It was a typical American Bat top and the cabinet appears to have been made from a CVS2 Cab. What stick part should do I buy that would be the closest to this feeling?

Buy any stick and mod it with battop. I believe infiltration does the same thing.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

People act like parrying every attack is easy. 3s Parry gods have like 10+ years of practice.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

T7 save us from Capcom.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Arms will fill the spot of Wii boxing. Something to play drunk with friends when your too lazy to find your copy of smash or Mario kart.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm going to wait to see which one is the better PC port, but I'll probably end up buying all 3.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I can never knock max. As poo poo and annoying as his fans are at least he is helping keep the scene alive.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

T7 not having cross platform makes me feel it's going to be dead on PC.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

teagone posted:

SF4 didn't have crossplay and it seemed to have a healthy PC population at the tail end of USF4 on Steam.

Tekken - 44 million[4]

Super Smash Bros.- 40 million

Street Fighter - 39 million [5]

Mortal Kombat - 37 million

Soulcalibur - 12 million

I take back my statement. No idea tekken sells more than sf.

Edit: source

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chaotic Flame posted:

Thanks for explaining, though I'm still not sure why there isn't more console/PC crossplay then.

To thank the thread

It makes sense for alot of games but there is some types of games where m+kb is superior to controller in every way. Like fps, rts, mmo.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

And with kof14 coming to pc, we now have all the major players on one system. From ki, sf, Tekken, injustice, kof14. Will tournaments finally switch over to pc setups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

burger time posted:

I just moved to Los Angeles and I'm looking for people to play fighting games with. I play KOF, GG, and Uniel, but I'll mess around with whatever really. Anyone got leads on FGC meet ups besides WNF, or want to play sometime?

I would check Facebook, I imagine there is a scene around the universities maybe towards south la as well.