Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MinibarMatchman posted:

well they already tabbed Squeenix to do an Avengers game and Insomniac to do a Sony-joint dev game for Spiderman so they're throwing all kinds of darts to see what sticks. It'll certainly end up better than using people like Beenox, Raven Software, and whatever other Z-Tier dimestore devs Activision has.

Marvel should have cut ties and given a shitload of monies to ArcSys, letting Daisuke Ishiwatari make the game of his dreams with Wolverine, Captain America, and Mako--I mean, Squirrel Girl

raven software was not a z-tier team gently caress you

taken from us too soon (to the eternal purgatory of making CoD maps)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

caleb aka sabrewul re-imagined by a first year digipen student

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I will play MvCI and like it whether its good or not

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

he's a shill but he's not a disingenuous shill so who cares

all of his non-solo streams are the worst though

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I was going to add back into the Max conversation but then I just saw gootecks and mike ross are giving away a caspar air mattress as a promotion and now maybe just gently caress the whole community

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Maybe you're both weird and I don't want to be on either of your sides

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I feel like the wake up super might be Freeza only since its specifically referencing a thing from the show

plus him being a salty baby is canon

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

AnonSpore posted:

I thought Frieza's otg super was referencing the thing where Goku was gonna leave him alive and then he tried to shoot him in the back

It's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92uetQySi2U

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

are they even trying at this point

I'm sure they're absolutely trying

they're just also probably trying to make this game in like eighteen months

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Why is Black Panther a pre-order bonus and not in the base game this is bullshit

So he can be released in February right when the movie comes out. The only thing Marvel loves more than synergy is timed synergy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

DBFZ doesn't have 2 button dash except for the homing dash attack. Normal ground and airdash is still 66 so you better grind those IAD shortcuts.

tbf from what I've seen it looks like the homing dash is the #1 to get in

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

apparently theres pushblock and snapbacks

yeah pushblock is one of two ways to get the homing dash to gently caress off other than just hitting it with an anti-air (it's safe on regular block) and snapbacks work mostly like MvC3 down to taking a meter

you can also super speed move right next to someone for 1 bar

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

people are going to call it teleporting but its not actual teleporting and my inner huge loving nerd is going to be like "noooo" each time

also it sucks I can't find any decent videos of Buu play

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

beerus is going to be slayer it's the easiest conversion they could possibly make

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

on one hand I do think its super weird and dumb when people start screaming about shills when someone likes a video game they don't

on the other hand starting your tweet with THIS IS NOT A SHILL and you played the game with a pro wrestler isn't going to convinced anyone

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Reiley posted:

Sony owns the rights to Spider-man and it was a miracle he showed up in Civil War & is getting his own MCU movie.

yeah this is absolutely not true at all

they have the movie rights they do not own the rights to spider-man the character in all mediums because that's loving stupid

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

there was already a dragonball fighter with chi-chi so its not out of the realm of possibility

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe6Xj6-0aGw

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I can't believe that interview goes from "nobody cares about the roster just mechanics" which is loving insane bullshit when you're making a crossover fighting game and in the next breath talking about how choices were made because of story mode

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

combofiend sounds completely clueless

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CharlestonJew posted:

he knows exactly what he's doing, deep down inside

Does he??

this reads like an interview with two people who were just informed marvel vs capcom infinite exists

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 23, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

like I'm so loving hung up on "characters are really just functions" are you actually trying to sell a fighting game to a wide audience on that kind of premise

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

hes trying to do damage control lol

oh yeah of course I'm just baffled at how bad your damage control skill has to be when you're saying nobody cares about characters in a licensed crossover game with a long legacy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

we thought about it long and hard and have decided to replace magneto with our new character hitboxy the hitbox with an eight way dash

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Countblanc posted:

i do hope some characters get command throws (or basically-throws), but I mean that seems like a pretty dang likely thing

Cell specifically has a command grab with that move where he telekinetically lifts you and cuts you up like how he made the Cell Games arena

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

not only that she hasn't been a villain for like two versions and even then she wasn't the actual antagonist of the game she debuted in

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The fact that Ariels wasn't in Rev 2 convinces me more than anything there's going to be a third version

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

they should add this mode then to dbzf imo. seems easy.

I'd be stunned if they didn't. In addition to the Budokais its been a standard feature in every single DBZ game since the PS2.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

why would dbzf have guest characters

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

okay I should have phrased that better

I don't think dbfz will have any guest characters and I'm fine with that because there's ten thousand dragonball characters for them to use

at best we'll get arale or something

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

it is extremely telling the only characters with new moves or designs are Marvel ones

and even then we still have MvC3-rear end Thor from like five designs ago

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

smash clones are a phenomenon I absolutely cannot understand

nobody who isn't crazy or in the FGC (or both for melee players) plays those games because they have nintendo characters. in fact I think every single commercial smash clone uses licensed characters!

You're appealing to like the smaller of the small audience.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

There's an anime game for everyone out there, somewhere

my anime game was and still is gundam battle assault 2

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

You are good people, rx-78 divekick in that game is still extremely my poo poo.

some people get the street fighter 3 or cvs2 announcers burned into their brains

all I hear is "YOU CAN'T DEFEND!!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

if a fighting game doesn't have a story mode then basically it can gently caress off

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

pissdude posted:

source your quotes

me, 2017 there's your source motherfucker

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I never said I wanted a good story

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

have we discussed how capcom used the wrong abigail model in their reveal trailer yet

the super weird muscley/veiny model is his v-trigger his default model is more in line with hugo

they made an entire trailer with the wrong loving appearance

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

agreed though zappa just becoming an expert on ghosts to figure out how to depossess himself is great

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 23, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Slayer's coming to DBFZ (Beerus is Slayer)

guarantee his lose pose will be him falling asleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

have you tried gundam battle assault 2