Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
squint to look at these tiny scans

dangerdoom volvo posted:

I dont want 5 loving versions of goku in different power up states you morons

this is almost definitely the only alternates we're getting except maybe majin vegeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

General Morden posted:

we better get goku black

that's not really the same thing (though I bet we do)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
some better scans for that rear end

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
dragon ball games have historically gone back and forth on whether goku or vegeta is the physical attack focused character

usually it shakes out to vegeta being heavy on special attacks because of his recurring habit of shooting a thousand ki blasts at all his problems

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its incredible

emotions are gonna be so high

the actual friendship ender has been revealed

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Barudak posted:

Youd think that, but for most people they need something desperately to validate them so even "most meter gained"* would make them feel like they did something right and therefore must keep playing.

*Also got "most damage taken" coincidentally

hey now maybe they just charged their ki a lot

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Barudak posted:

Tienshinhan isnt human, so, uh not buying that yet.

he's totally human

what actually makes it unbelievable is "the strongest human" when krillin is referred to as that in various official materials

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think he just shows up in a couple of her moves and Accel Dance he's not some crazy secondary mechanic

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Aug 20, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
He also beat a guy in a short film that was shown at shonen jump conventions and came out a few years before BoG

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
two things I noticed from the trailer

1. From the story mode bits Bulma and 18 are wearing outfits from Super so hopefully that will put to rest if this game can use stuff from there

2. Krillin can do Accel Dance with 18 instead of 17? I wonder if its random which you get

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Blue Goku and Vegeta are pre-order bonuses, called it.

specifically they're "early unlocks" which makes me wonder if that just means they're going to be either DLC down the line for everyone else or something you can get in the game already (like for beating story mode or something)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

At one point in the trailer you see Piccolo doing Hellzone Grenade (which I assume is super that cost meter) but he's targeting 17 instead who has his energy field up while 18 does a generic "teleport out of there" animation.

Wonder if that means 17 and 18 can be swapped on who your controlling or if there's some kind of defense players can use with the two to negate beam supers.

My guess is Energy Field is just a Super where 17 comes in and puts up a barrier and that was just a freeze frame of Hellzone happening during that to reference the Piccolo/17 fight

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what I'm getting from these new videos is krillin looks fun as hell

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Goku and Cyclops is an insane comparison when Goku's entire thing is being a dumb kung fu hillbilly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
if the original dub had been more accurate goku would have had cletus the slack-jawed yokel's voice

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

i didnt notice this until someone pointed it out to me but vegeta wears less and less of his saiyan outfit over the course of the series, about the same pace he turns into an actual person and i think thats pretty cool.

and then the second Battle of Gods came out he's back in the armor forever

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

zooted heh posted:

I didn't even know doormamu was in the game till yesterday I thought he was a different skin for ultron rofl

there's a whole shitload of valid complaints about mvci but you being an idiot isn't one of them

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

keep in mind android 17's va confirmed voice lines and isnt playable (it seems)

after seeing someone break down that 99% of his animations are just 18's I feel confident he's going to be a costume for her

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Grapplejack posted:

I'd rather them go bankrupt and companies that give a poo poo pick up the IPs that Capcom ignores or wastes.

this is almost never how it has worked

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I loving love that video.

"This is really cool." "IS IT?!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
btw the follow-up to that video is necrostorm emailing the best friend's podcasts vaguely threatening them for having a pirated copy of the game and then promising to send them a free copy of the death cargo follow up GOREBREAKER which has as a bullet point on its feature list "Actual Gameplay"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

More of that Kamen Rider game got shown off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeqwtPFasgA

They need to add some goddamn Showa Riders. At least 1, Black, and RX. The movie version of 1 would be cool to have too.

it's the last game of the heisei era so I'd bet on it being heisei only

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Saint Freak posted:

The ones that have like full open worlds maybe.

nnnno, pretty much all of them

go look at how big Doom is

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That last RE wasn't bad but it definitely felt like RE on a budget.

in what way

they poured a ton of money into that game

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Voice direction is inarguably just as important as whether or not an actor is good.

Like Ruby's voice actress isn't great but does not sound nearly that bad in what little I've heard of the show so it's entirely possible it's a Japanese voice director not knowing what the gently caress to do with an English actress.

Which would also explain most of MvCI's bizarre acting problems too.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm gonna be honest, if Kanji is in it I'm buying it day 1

With 7 P4A slots it'd be crazy if he wasn't

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Countblanc posted:

we're probably getting kanji and waldstein, plus elite tauren chieftain

Elite Tauren Chieftan isn't a grappler!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

burger time posted:

Is the first song in that trailer from rwby?? I hate it and kinda like it and hate myself for that

yes and that's the natural reaction to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euuxPokAeIA

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Smoking Crow posted:

Once again we're having a GOON VAMPIRE SAVIOR TOURNAMENT on the 27th now because I have work scheduled on the 31st sorry!!!!

here's a link

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/1rr4rp1ian

Can you enter if you're really, extremely bad

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
actually the only good fighting game is the rumble fish

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
first thing I see when I load the page is someone has voted for Dee Jay just so we know this is complete anarchy

also, voted for Balrog

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

anime was right posted:

cant wait to see what community icon they pick up next and utterly overwork and underpay and blame for everything

Chris G

followed by a patch that removes Elena from SFxT and USF4

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
atom is fighting game character of the year

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Roger.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Was it also ChrisG in the SSF4 finals that Spooky literally pulled the plug on?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
my take is that the franchise with the devil gene was always absurdly edgy

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I unironically like High School Love until the male vocals kick in

if that dude was in a real musical he'd understudy at best

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
EY TONY HOW'S THOSE FIGHTIN GAMES COMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Saint Freak posted:

Now it's time for the best part: guessing the insane MK11 guest characters that you'll never be able to guess anyways.

Umm...Robocop.

Finally, a guest character who already animates like an MK game