Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Trykt posted:

Play through the whole Dojo and then gimmie 5 minutes to make you a scrub destroyer with TJ Combo, it'll be fun and cool I promise.

I would like to learn how to smash people with TJ Combo. Been meaning to pick this game up, I just haven't got around to it yet. Tonight is the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheManSeries posted:

Both Trykt and I can teach you TJ. Join the goonsgarden discord. I'm @SethSeries on there if you have immediate questions.

Sweet, I'm already on there. I'll hit you guys up once the game is downloaded.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

skit herre posted:

That's pretty much my thing, thank's for summing that up. Pretty sure that was funnier than what went on else of the time. not one of you dared to voice chat with me, babies :) See you and have a good time

i would also very much enjoy to get at least a probe out of this dumb thread, so get the squad rollin pls

You can just stop posting, no one needs to help you with that.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheManSeries posted:

No worries. I've mained him since he launched and Trykt is helping me lab some stuff with him for Combo Breaker so we'll help you do combo.

We asked you to come play games with us and you didnt. You alienated people becaude you because you were constantly seeking attention and validation for your dumbassery. Good loving riddance.

This will be my first time playing the game, but I've been looking forward to playing it since finally giving up on SFV. Always looked really cool when I watched tournaments.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheManSeries posted:

You may also wanna hit up the r/KillerInstinct discord and only the discord. We run sets a fair amount. Also I will get some info together for you on the discord.

Thanks dude, I appreciate it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

anime was right posted:

i think combo breakers are dumb but i also think KI has really good music and understands how to make interesting but not insanely polarizing character gimmicks as well

also KI seems to be a game that is what it sets out to be, even if i strongly disagree w/ several of those directions. other games are commonly middling and dont understand what they are, or try to appease too many people at once at the expense of a good vision.

i would rather have more games like KI and skullgirls (design wise, anyway), even if i dont play most of them.

Would you mind expanding on what parts of KI's design you don't like? I'm just curious.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

After having to reformat my PC I was finally able to get KI installed. I am looking forward to playing Rash and giving people the boot.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Hell yeah. Goofy juggles and recaptures galore. It's kinda sad he doesn't get more tournament representation consider how drat good he is

I was planning on learning the game with TJ since someone offered to show me the ropes, Saberwulf if that doesn't work out.

But the Boot.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the world really needs is a new Bloody Roar.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

To be fair, anyone can go to a tournament and get stomped.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

How? It isn't uncommon for me to meet someone in a tournament who is like "Hey, I played this game for like 5 hours and I saw it would be here, so I said 'gently caress it!' and signed up for it."

Played in the Guilty Gear tournament at the first PAX when I was like 15 and made it out of my pool with my scrubby Sol. I am a tournament player.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I don't think I ever played anything passed the second one. How bad did they get?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Seconding Burly Heart.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

dhamster posted:

Has anyone else heard the CD where they slapped vocals on the GGXX soundtrack?

https://youtu.be/vlAtPDG1rg0

I'm never hearing it again if I can help it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Reiley posted:

I hope they add President Gabriel to Rev 2 so Potemkin can have a friend on the roster. I think he's the only one who doesn't have a friend he can battle.

I'd like to see him too because apparently he is OP as hell in the lore.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Yeah I was going to say, crazy command grabs with Slayer's movement would be awesome.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

sorry that none of the characters are 500 feet tall with 600lb breasts

Wait that poo poo isn't a joke?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am very excited for Tekken 7.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I usually have streams up on my second monitor while I'm doing stuff on my computer and I'd be more inclined to watch Max if he didn't scream "OH MY GOD THANK YOU DOOD" every 10 seconds when someone tips him $.50 or subs to his channel. This is my opinion about Max.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

That makes people give more cause theyre sad lonely teens who cant get anyone to say nice things to them for free.

I understand why he does it and why streamers do it in general. I prefer streamers who don't blast that poo poo all over the screen though. Quill18 is cool because his is just a lowkey beep and he'll say thanks when he gets around to it. Max as a force for good or evil in the FGC? Who gives a poo poo. He's just a guy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Prinnys are cool and good.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Oh dear.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Tekken 7 looks so cool. I can't wait to play it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am ready for Tekken. Was considering Injustice 2 but am not really interested in most of the cast.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Is this dude talking about fireballs real?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Jmcrofts posted:

I invite you to venture into the injustice 2 thread

I like this thread though.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ah yes Smash, the Chess of the fighting game genre.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

That and be willing to learn. You are now on par with most of the scene.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Broken Loose posted:

I'm in 3 games, an exhibition, staff stuff, and maybe also commentary depending on how sober I am. Anything outside of that will either be spent in the grotto, getting hosed up, or getting hosed up in the grotto.

What game are you going to be doing commentary for? I'll try to tune in for it. Also phone post if any of you guys are going to be on stream.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Speaking of baseball. One of the only clips I've seen of Dragon Ball Super is the crew playing baseball and that poo poo was hilarious. I would totally buy a DBZ baseball game.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Mechanically I hope it is like KOF in terms of the three man teams, assists don't really appeal to me.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Babe Magnet posted:

Android 16

Broly is gonna be Tager

Trunks is Sol

Goku is Jam.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Give the dinosaur that spends an episode trying to eat Gohan Potemkin's moveset.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Also, put in Chi-Chi, every button is just a variation of her slapping the poo poo out of the opponent.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

AndyElusive posted:

Gotenks pls.

:prepop:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Barudak posted:

Only if Chi-Chi is the teacher for the games tutorial mode and constantly berates you for not studying enough

GOTY. That would be hilarious. I could also see them using Piccolo and he's just ashamed of you the entire time even if you do all the inputs right.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope theres a mode where you have to farm as goku

Fishing minigame from XRD, only ripping up giant turnips or whatever.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

You're telling me this isn't hype?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Yeah, where's the crazy jaw and teeth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Nate405 posted:

I like the Ramlethal designs best, but the joystick positioning is a little awkward.

That is amazing.