Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

euphemism posted:

i really do think there's room for a game sort of like SF2 but with some modern layers applied over it. inputs that arent nearly as hard but balanced around that. character gimmicks/meters and maybe even no supers (but i guess to sell copies you need some kind of cinematics, so stealing krushing blows wouldnt be a bad idea). i think basic games with good walkspeed and fun buttons and major character differences are cool, but i think fantasy strike is mad jank and too simplified.
This sounds like Granblue to me but I haven't been paying attention, did the thread decide they hated it 100 pages ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Smoking Crow posted:

They announced it's gonna have rollback
They made a wishy-washy statement after getting hounded about it for months. Until it's out and confirmed working, stay skeptical.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I'd be extremely happy if it was. I love the Marvel Origins port they did for ps3/360
Marvel Origins was Iron Galaxy. The UI for this new collection looks identical to the one from the Beat Em Up Bundle that released a few years ago, which was extremely solid and I believe done mostly in-house. Here's hoping.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Iori has always sucked, is the problem
what the gently caress????

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Artelier posted:

Did anyone mention if SF6 will have spacing specific attacks? Like close HK vs normal HK in most SFs, versus the "all command normals" in SFV. Similarly, are neutral jump attacks unique again also (again, SFV made air normals the same between all jump types)?
According to Max there are no proximity normals as of right now.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Boogalo posted:

I'm pretty cold on Jwong and all the old guard big FGC people because there's no way they didn't know the Mr Wiz poo poo was going on and they still never said anything to call it out when it was happening and were extremely quiet when it all came to light.
People called out Mr. Wiz being a giant piece of poo poo for decades. It just took until the pressure cooker of that pandemic summer to make the internet decide to get the pitchforks out

deets
Apr 20, 2015

Real hurthling! posted:

Is tekken 8 gonna have 4 years of arcade only or whatever again or does bandai want to fund a full console game upfront now that 7 was huge
There is no way Tekken 8 starts as an arcade game. That era is long gone for everything but Gundam Vs.

deets
Apr 20, 2015

anime was right posted:

yeah didnt covid basically kill arcades
They were already moribund before covid. Almost all of the small little hole in the wall arcades with a bunch of viewlixes lined up that I used to frequent closed in the years before 2020, and now it's pretty much only the big guys left. It's possible they do an arcade version out of pride, but I can't imagine them waiting years for a console port the way they used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deets
Apr 20, 2015

World Heroes Perfect is pretty awesome and ahead of its time, I interviewed Keits and some other folks about it for SRK years ago:
https://supercombo.gg/2021/10/15/numbah-one-exploring-world-heroes-perfect-with-funkdoc-keits-and-tuskdon-by-jason-moses/

BBH has also been going through the games individually for his Neo Rank Masters deep dive into the Neo Geo catalog. Well worth a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXbgAKkqiDc