Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Blazblue CF is really really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Third Strike is trash and worse then SF5.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Rutibex posted:

I think they only have the 6 characters at the moment, and we've seen most of what they can do already.

Uhh a couple casual matches and some supers is barely anything.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Rutibex posted:

I was pissed to find out Jill and Shuma were on the disc and paid DLC. Capcom was so shamed by this they didn't even bother doing DLC characters for Ultimate.

Oh how times change!

yeah uh none of that had anything to do with why we didn't get DLC characters in ultimate.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The Super manga is for dumb spergs and the Super anime rules.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

street fighter: Ryu
Melty: H-Roa and C-Shiki
UNIEL: Hyde
Blazblue: Ragna
GG: Sol
MVC3: Wolverine/Dorm/Doom
P4A: Yu
P4U: Minazuki

main characters all day

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

DmC is utter dogshit even with the improvements.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Blazblue CF is really good and still has quite a few players.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

practicing combos is boring as gently caress unless it's goofy poo poo like Azrael valiant combos or 8k Naoto corner loops.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Just play the game instead of saying that you don't think you can play the game.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Blazblue is very good and Azrael rules. Until Rev 2 Central Fiction was better then Guilty Gear.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

combos in Blazblue haven't been a problem for like three or four versions. hell none of the top tiers even have long combos besides Arakune, and he generally wants to go for resets instead.

it amuses me to see Blazblue accused of being samey when there is way, way more focus on batshit oki setups in GG compared to BB. The only BB characters with dumb oki are the top tiers who're getting slammed hard in CF's upcoming patch.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

TFRazorsaw posted:

I don't know what I can tell you besides I honestly believe in the things I'm saying here and I'm not trying to defame the game for the sake of defaming it.

I admitted that I misunderstood the preorder bonus thing. What more do you people want? I'm not an unreasonable person:

the things you believe are dumb and people are calling you dumb for it.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Kurtofan posted:

how's blazblue centralfiction? I haven't played a blazblue game before.

It's really good.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

blazblue is extremely good and cf 1.01 is probably better then xrd

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

The vast majority of characters are piss easy to do combos with now with only some exceptions.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

darealkooky posted:

I haven't keep super up to date with the latest version of CF, but isn't there a big gap between "combos that are easy" and "combos that actually do damage"?. To me it just seems like it's a lot easier to make up a difference in skill levels when I only need to hit you like 5 times with my scrub combos vs 10

Not really. Ragna's simplest BNBs deal 4k meterless which is excellent damage. Most of the cast's good BNB confirms hit for 3k+ and are pretty easy. Hell, even Naoto who's one of the hardest execution characters in the game can get 3K meterless without a single dash cancel just by doing magic series into rekka into air magic series.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Hearthstone is dogshit and Blizzard has actively done everything they can to ensure it keeps getting worse.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

DS4s are fine.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Crosstag looked like dumbed down poo poo even before it became the reincarnation of SfxT.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

get hosed and die marvel

dbz is here now, you can rot in hell

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Race Realists posted:

nice av/post combo

oh look here's one of the idiots now

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

unist is really loving good though and a big improvement over the original.

Frenchbread just hosed up hard by taking so long to capitalize on uniel being unexpectedly popular.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

i use default colors for everyone in every game except gohan in DBFZ. Gotta rep that piccolo color

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

nah KBDs are trash and need to go

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

No a lot of the FGC is subhuman garbage.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

In Training posted:

Blazblue is the opposite of SFV where it's the most grossly overdesigned game ever so its insanely unfun to learn, play, or watch. And it's sprite based but sadly all the character designs are fugly, the music sucks and all the stages are gross. Hence, almost as bad as SFV. At least the netcode is fine, and the story mode came out at launch.

This is a worse post then anything Cabbagepots ever posted.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

DBZF is excellent and this thread continues to have trash taste dominate.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

dbz still rules this thread just often has poo poo taste

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

I was super skeptical of Cross Tag even though CF is my favorite fighter but holy poo poo is this game fun.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Countblanc posted:

It feels like most of the persona cast isn't very good, or is at least poorly represented other than Yu maybe (and I've been seeing less of him too). Of course it's also like week 3 so who knows what people will find but yeah

Yu is extremely strong, Yosuke is ultra gimmicky but also seems extremely strong due to his air mobility and having better options to reset it and convert off it compared to P4. Chie is strong, Yukiko might be viable as Carmine's battery, Kanji is poo poo, Naoto we have no idea. Aigis is a monster but lol trying to play her in netplay and she's going to take time to unlock her full Magneto potential she had in P4.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

In Training posted:

Not really, the only game I know of that's worse than Chaos Code is Blazblue.

How does every post you make end up worse then your last

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

BB Tag is ok. It's busted as gently caress and only going to get more degenerate as time goes on but for what it is it's fun.

DBZ rules and this patch looks great so far.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Base Goku is fun as hell but weird and gimmicky and he's gonna need some experimenting to find his real combo routes as universal routes don't give him level 1s outside of the corner and his level 3 is incredibly strong and finnicky.

Base Vegeta rules and on point seems the best of both worlds between Super and Blue.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ryu Ragna Wolverine Sol Hyde Yu Vegeta Jin.

I am the mythic vanilla player.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

DBZF rules and MVCI is the worst playing marvel game by a loving mile including rise of the imperfects.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ragna 5B.
5A if you’re a cross tag pleb

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

DBZF rules and is the one of the best fighting games available at the moment only really below UNIST, Tekken and Guilty, BB rules and is on par with Guilty Gear, SFV is mediocre but playable, Cross Tag is a loving mess but it's kinda fun.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

In Training posted:

You just said One of the best and then listed it last among basically every contemporary FG

It's significantly better then SFV, Marvel and any NRS game. UNIST is better but lol at buying UNIST unless you have locals. Guilty Gear and BB are better except they have a far larger barrier to entry and much smaller communities. This is less of a knock to DBZ and more of a commend to how strong Arcsys's lineup is at the moment.

Cooler's gonna be wonky due to the side switching but having a normal that eats beams owns and his dumb gorilla normals look sick, plus he has margaret's stomp from p4

RevolverDivider fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Sep 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

darealkooky posted:

SF5 is so bad it makes people beat their wife

gently caress off