Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
https://twitter.com/chindogg21/status/1012793651964121094?s=21

People asking for more info are getting links to Hungry Like The Wolf.

Oh Wolfkrone. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I just watched the video and it's definitely an angry dude calling him a piece of poo poo and all he says is "okay".

Later in the stream Sonicfox pops in his discord and straight up calls his bullshit out Phoenix Wright style, by pointing out that Brady's Uber receipt has the incorrect day of the week corresponding to the date of the transaction.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

neosloth posted:

Apparently V perfect is missing all the dismemberment and fatality animations because they had to make space for new story cutscenes. There are some new outfit options, and the lifebars are a different color, but I haven't noticed anything else

HerniaFlange posted:

Honestly those were the kind of poorly done anyways, I'd call that a decent sacrifice if what replaces it is cool. Also more character colors is always good.

Do they mean the regular dismemberment that happens when you get killed by a heavy attack, or do they mean the special Fatality moves?

If it's the fatalities then that's a somewhat significant gameplay change.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never played Samurai Shodown (maybe once or twice with a spare quarter at the dollar theater or something) but if someone's offering me a free game, I'm hard pressed not to take it? Anyway, what's its deal again? Doesn't it have a very low damage to HP ratio? Or high dmg:hp ratio. Whatever ratio it is where you do a lot of damage and can take very little.

SamSho is a game where you can lose over half your life to a single counter hit. There's even certain instances where it can be a one hit kill, but that's character specific.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
I mostly lurk for info but I too would appreciate a Goonsgarden invite link.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
It's amazing how much he lives up to his reputation when you see him in person.

I was in a Third Strike tournament at Texas Showdown last year that Chris G also entered. It was run on arcade boards in Blast City cabs, and attendance was mostly Houston players with a few out of towners. He mostly just kept to himself until his name was called.

First, Chris lost to an old school local Akuma player who had mainly moved on to Tekken in recent years. Then he played against Dyne's Dudley in losers, and towards the end of the match his Ryu just stopped moving. By the time I turned my head from the projector to the cabs, he was already halfway out the door of the ballroom. He later complained on his twitter/twitch that the cabinets were faulty, but there was only one single sticky button issue during the entire tournament and it was on a cabinet that he didn't even play on.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Zeether posted:

I still get heated every time I see Dyne's name come up because that fucker ruined the Virtua Fighter discord server I was in by purely by being there due to his posse following him in and being just as insufferable.

I don't even know if there's a cleaner VF server because Oneida turned out to be a creepo too.

(please Sega port VF5FS to a newer console or PC)

Having met Dyne IRL, it's easy to see how he gets a posse. He was just the nicest guy to a nobody like me and was nothing but super helpful and humble, though you could definitely tell he was a little weird around the edges. He got into a lot of trouble with the Vampire Savior community over some transphobic comments, because as nice as he is, he also has some backwards views and doesn't shy away from an internet poo poo flinging contest. If not for those backwards views I'd be right there in his posses but, unfortunately, the WORST people have no such qualms and will brigade anyone who takes a shot and their friend who's good at pushing buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Zeether posted:

Wasn't Geiger a ripoff of Slayer's design or did they change that

Geiger is a Guile analogue. DeGrey is the Slayer one. He has "counter point step" which works exactly like Dandy Step. In the Yomi card game he literally had Pilebunker, but it got renamed to Tyrant Crusher in Fantasy Strike.