Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Since there isn't an EVO thread yet, have any goons here gone? Me and 2 friends are heading out there this week for the first time. What should we expect and are there after parties to try and weasel our way into for the free booze?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Jmcrofts posted:

I am going, i think this is my 5th evo or something stupid.

Evo is a good time, there's a lot to do at the venue itself and also it's Vegas so there's a ton of fun stuff to do in the area in general. In my experience not much free booze or cool parties unless you know people.

I actually made a video a little while ago about how to make your first tournament enjoyable, hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYha9XNz7IM

This is some really good advice, thanks man and yeah being early 30s goons we plan on trying to see a lot of Vegas and eat at a swanky place or two.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Mintergalactic posted:

I'm going to be at EVO, come say hi and go drinking with me

I'll just harass everyone till someone admits to being you.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 12, 2016

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Commissar Ken posted:

It is I, the lone American who enjoys KOF. Forced to roam this land of SFVs and Killer Instincts like it's the loving Cursed Earth.

I live in McAllen, TX and I love KOF and am not looking forward to another instalment of CG Kof. And I'm looking forward to play at EVO and get my rear end kicked.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Infinite's final boss is Astaroth with a extreme makeover

You are all so wrong it's gonna be Arnim Zola mixed with Ultron and all the fights take place in his Dimension Z.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Anyone else watching the Leveluplive stream? KOF tournament stuff happening currently.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

X with that level 3 was cool

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

So 13 to start the game off with, and 13 dlc characters??? Goddamn Capcom. So no more X-Men characters at all? That's a shame, guess no return of Deadpool either or a re-imagining of Cable for movie synergy.

NecroMonster posted:

it needs that and rock the dragon. i dunno how it will choose which one to play or where they will get used but i want both.

I WANT BOTH

If you play the game in English it's "Rock the Dragon", any other language it's the original song.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Jeeeeesus H, how does a game like this even enter gold status? It's the worst example of a game made by committee and or time crunch. I wonder the kind of weight a monolith like Disney was swinging around in which characters would be allowed in the game.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Killer Instinct is solid as gently caress

Now if only you could just disable all the goddamn sparks and loving particle effects! Good loving lord.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

In Training posted:

Everybody post your mains

Kazumi, Millia, Makoto, Yuri/Kula/Athena, Karin, Muramasa

Super late to the party:

Samsho 1 2 - Tachibana
Garou - Terry, Rock
KOF '97 - Kyo, Iori, Joe, Shingo, Benimaru,
KOF '98 - Kyo, Iori, Joe, Shingo, Benimaru
KOF '99 - Kyo, Iori, Joe, Benimaru
KOF '00 - Kyo, Iori, Joe, Benimaru
KOF '02 - Robert, Joe, Yashiro, Kyo, Iori, Benimaru
KOF XIII - NESTs Kyo and Iori, Benimaru, Joe
Killer Instinct 1 and 2 - Saberwulf
X-Men Children of the Atom - Wolverine, Iceman
Marvel Super Heroes - Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America
Xm vs SF - Wolverine, Ken, Akuma
MSH vs SF - Wolverine, Spider-Man, Ken, Akuma, (Metal Zangief can go to loving hell)
Marvel vs Capcom - Jin, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Ryu (Colossus assist supremacy)
MVC2 - Wolverine, Boneverine, Marrow, Ken, Akuma, Jin, Capt.Commando,
Capcom vs SNK - Joe, Kyo, Iori, Ken, Benimaru
CpvsSNK2 - Kyo, Iori, Ken, Joe, Benimaru,
Nidhogg - stick figure
Smash Melee - Young Link
Smash Brawl - Snake
MK 3 Ultimate - Cyborg Smoke
GG 1,2 - Faust and Sol Badguy
I think that's it??

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 26, 2017

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Dog Hausu posted:

I don't main anything other than aggressively churning the stick and slapping all the buttons with my noodle arms.

Soooooo Cable?

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

So........can you have a beam push of war?????? Cause I'd totally make that happen with ssj2 Gohan vs Perfect Cell.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Nate405 posted:

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/s...654714624253952

Capcom's getting an early start on disappointing people this weekend.

Lol they could see it probably just being full of people wanting to rip them apart about MvCI and wanted none of it.

Also is there going to be an EVO thread this year?

Jiro fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 14, 2017

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

FanaticalMilk posted:

Cartoon Network

It'll be MCed by the Toonami dude.

If Tom the Cgi robot did that, and by that Steven Blum, would be awesome. Even better would be Team Four Star calling it in character.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Bridie vs Gief is a real good match.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

My poor Team RGV got bodied last night. Poor Brolylegs had no backup.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Well I guess we will get to see James Chen cry outside of an EVO setting now too. The gently caress man it's never okay to beat on your significant other.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Double Bill posted:

That was him bodying FChamp in MvC3

Bodying him via smell?

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

In Training posted:

You joke but now that I've been going to events/locals more regularly when my opponent smells like complete poo poo it really throws off my game

I'm actually not, I mean look at the gif. FChamp kinda looks like he's trying to remember to not breathe via his nose and only through his mouth.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

So that's what it looks like when Pestilence touches you.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 22, 2018

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

In Training posted:

He posted about The Leg and then went to Evo and rubbed it on people and got so drunk at a blackjack table that he had to be carted out by employees. gently caress marn

Godamnit I love the trashy loving stories that come out of EVO every loving year.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Benson Cunningham posted:

Western culture summed up in one image.

This is extremely on point.

KungFu Grip posted:

I think people were more against the photo mode stuff where the director was lingering on long shots that made it look like Bass was eating out the women he was powerbombing.

Also I'm mad at DOA for stealing my sweet bed room moves.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Dias posted:

See, this I support. Execute a real-life fatality on Marn.

And release all the pestilence and fumes inside that gas bag? No thank you, the planet is already hosed enough as is.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

I'm dreading/excited for the Kof finals brackets at two am here. But I have to woooooooooooork in the morning.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Goddamn Xiaohai got knocked the gently caress out by a black suited sunglasses SR. One foreigner left in losers bracket. I hope he's able to play spoiler to Japanese bracket shenanigans.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

tangentially fighting games related, but the Catherine competitive community basically collapsed overnight due to the figurehead quitting
https://twitter.com/Dacidbro/status/1096666565876039685

Goddamn, good for him then. And yeah pretty much RIP competitive Catherine.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

The fix is in!

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Y'all need to be watching Combo Breaker's mystery game stream.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Marn to be shown playing on a deserted island with a lone palm tree for shade, EVO resumes as normal.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

EVO Weekend 1 this week. Horsey Fighting game, I wonder if side streams will be a thing this year.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

This has to be a good old loving gimmick account. Because this would have been the norm in the early 2000s.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Devolver Digital confirmed that Sonicfox: Furry Fighters 4 coming soon.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

To be fair, in Street Fighter: The Movie, Guile was totally The Guy, so that could have had an effect on you somewhere along the line.

When you have a Jean Claude Van Damme coked out of his mind in his prime, you can't help but think of course he's the star. And then Raul Julia speaks and acts and you forget everyone else exists.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Gonna also post this in the other FGC thread as well,

Since EVO is kaput, what's still happening this weekend? AnimEVO still going on?

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Fgc Roundtable happening rn I'm watching through Maximilian Dood's Twitch.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

I’m glad AnimeEvo is rebranding to avoid the negative stigma. They’ll now be called AirdashingEvo.

Is there a schedule for this?

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

The team currently keeping SF5 on life support wouldn't be the team working on a brand new game, for the most part.

Dimps? It wouldn't surprise me if they kept using Dimps.

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Omnikin posted:

When the gently caress is Marvel

Never. (Probably next year at whatever EVO is going to be called next year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jiro
Jan 12, 2004

Maximilian Dood saying Ono is out at Capcom. Anyone else confirm/deny that?