Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

In Training posted:

Holy crap KOFXIV comes out in like 6 weeks.

I hope they spend these 6 weeks removing all the jank because the game doesn't look or feel very good at the moment (or the last time they showed it)

Also you can save yourself a ton of grief by just assuming the netcode will be terrible and this is another offline KOF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Anime fighters on PC, Not A Good Idea: http://steamspy.com/app/452510

167 concurrent players, oh Lord. Even known bad game SFV peaks near 2k daily.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Endorph posted:

under night: the fights are all at night

in-birth: there's a lot of weird monsters being born at night

grats i figured it out

Exe:Late ???

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

So, who does the public service of checking PS4 MvC3 netcode

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Unsurprisingly Akuma's hair is totally hosed

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

At least Tokido gets his character again. Now give Bonchan his Sagat

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Is he a goddamn flower

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

PC MvC3 with good netcode? Nah, no loving way, not getting my hopes up

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

I will buy Akuma, Q and Sagat

I hope they make Sagat zoning good

Sagat v-trigger is turret mode, literally can't move except with tiger knees

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

If the characters are Sagat, Haggar, Q and not Blanka I'm willing to forgive Capcom some of their shittiness. Not all of it though

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

cams posted:

they also confirmed that netcode is unchanged so that'll matter to people who live outside socal or ny

lol never mind then

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Dias posted:

Ah, we're probably getting Loki too. I just wanna know who'll replace Sentinel this time. Hulkbuster?

Vinnie Jones Juggernaut

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Turtlicious posted:

I'm looking for a fighting game that doesn't revolve around long combo's, but instead reading and playing around your character's strength. No infinite combo's is a huge + for me, and it has to be for PC. My personal Favorite that's not on PC is Smash 4 which doesn't have dumb technical glitch abuse, requires very good reads and play, and most of the combo's are like 3 or 4 hits long at most, while being super risky to pull of, allowing most of the game to take place in the neutral zone.

My favorite kind of fighter, is Rosalina and Luma in Smash, and Ice Climbers in Melee. I like puppet master / zoning / dual control characters where I use weird movement and hitboxes to confuse the opponent, so that's a 2nd wish list.

Do you guys know any games like that?

For Honor

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Pomp posted:

i doubt that for honor has infinite combos in it

It's not an infinite, just a vortex that feels like one if you don't know how to deal with it

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Zand posted:

i was hoping there would still be high profile defenders, honestly was thinking more like twitter or something

game only sold like 8k copies in jp first week

heres a good thing to look at from eventhubs, a damage control article where velociraptor calls this game the olive garden of fgs

Did anyone really want another kusoge fighter from Capcom? Besides the few dozen people trying to maintain the "mahvel lives" hype

On Steam it peaked at 27k and now refunds are already bringing it down

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

If you sit on one of the colored eggs for a whole match you automatically get into winners finals

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Dracula Factory posted:

The only way I'd ever install sfv again would be Sagat getting proper treatment but that requires him to have long limbs and we cant have that in this game now can we fuuuuuuuck.

edit: play tekken and dragonball instead

SFV Sagat has long limbs but no bones, they just flop to the ground

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

fadam posted:

After the S3 announcement I started playing SFV again and I've been unironically having fun.

I also started "playing" it again, i.e. grinding fight money from the single player content before they remove it.

I can now get all the S3 characters for free (unless they jack the prices), not bad.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Minidust posted:

So I was actually able to unlock two more characters in SFV after finishing stories, demonstration videos, and Easy Survival. With 46000 more fight money I could actually complete the season 2 character roster. Are any of the trials especially easy? I usually get stumped by the ones where you have to link like 4 normals in the middle of a combo. No interest in attempting Hard story mode or higher-difficulty Survival... too much of an all-or-nothing ordeal to be worth it IMO.

Yeah yeah I know, it's SFV. But, having bought the game late in a Season 1 bundle on sale, the in-game economy wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Like if I hadn't unlocked a couple of stages and cosmetic things earlier on, I'd have already been able to afford all S2 characters just playing through the easy stuff... that's kinda cool and not too different from like PS1-era in-game unlockables.

Normal survival is also easy and gives 8k per character.

e: actually not 8k, but 5k + 1k per character level you gain.

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jan 13, 2018

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

I hate ChrisG but I approve of Grand Finals Collusion where he and Sacktap both picked garbage teams and are taking the piss.

He won 3S, USF4 and UMvC3 at FF

Say what you will of the man but he sure can play fighting games

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I'm guessing the Cannons will include MvC:I into this year's EVO, as it's still technically a new game that hasn't made its debut there, but after that it's gone forever.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

10/10 gameplay and didn't make it to EVO, that is strange

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

In Training posted:

I mean there still hasn't been an interesting FPS since Q3 so I'm gonna say that yes that was a bad development for people who care about FPS's

Painkiller was very good. It came out in 2004 though and everything since then has been poo poo.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Dias posted:

Tournament experience is only good for tournament experience. :colbert:

Practice makes you good at practice. :colbert:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

https://www.twitch.tv/eleaguetv

Oh God this thing is Cross Assault all over again

e: okay maybe not, no one is as awkward as the Capcom guy in CA

Double Bill fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 21, 2018

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Melty on Switch would be convenient, you could do pools in the elevator, or just one toilet stall.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Shoenin posted:

Whatever happened to his League team anyways?

Disbanded 5 years ago after achieving nothing at all. Of course with Marn involved there was some money-related controversy as well.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I've gathered that there's a significant difference between anime fighters (lots of mobility and dashing, usually longer combos and more meters, more visual flash and clutter) and more "regular(?)" fighters that seem to put heavier emphasis on neutral footsies (i think?). I thought i'd expand my horizon a bit by picking up MKXL on a sale but so far it's been a pretty rocky start (and not only because it has a dedicated block button and apparently old legacy control scheme). Is that title a pretty decent representation of that sub-genre and maybe just not my cup of tea or is it just considered a somewhat unique (both in good and bad) entry and i should just go to the popular #1 top of the class SF4/5 to get a better impression? I'm leaning towards the former but i don't really have the context to make that judgement.

Disclaimer: every time i consider going down the SF route i watch some streams and seeing people fight (and lose against) Abigail just seems like the most dreadful, off-putting experience imaginable. So that's not particularly enticing.

If you want neutral footsies, MKXL or any other NRS game is not the way to go. Because of the combo system you can't really hit-confirm anything in those games, so I wouldn't say they have footsies at all.

I'd wait for the SF 30th anniversary thing later this month and play ST.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Jump-ins are the worst thing in NRS games. You have to input the next attack before the jumping attack even connects, and it just feels awful.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Ed Boon teasing a new Mortal Kombat ?
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/994696075129868288?s=19

Krossing my fingers

Maybe this will be the MK I'll play for more than a month or two.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

This game really is the new MB

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

CB mystery game tournament live now https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Flinger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3dxCve8EtE&t=260s (timestamped)
Every Minibawse match is my favorite combo video

EDIT goddamn I miss umvc3. I used to watch nlbc, wnf and san diego weeklies religiously...

Also makes DBFZ look shallow as gently caress.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nah it makes me appreciate DBFZ keeping all the action actually visible on screen and way better looking so it's clear what's happening.

But all the action is repetitive and boring so it's all rather pointless.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Night Blade posted:

So what's the verdict on Cross Tag? I've been in the mood for a fighting game but with SF30th anniversary dead on steam already, I was looking at this.

Anime fighters on Steam die faster than anything else, so if that's your criteria I'd look for something else. UNIEL sold less than 50k copies total and has <50 max daily concurrent players these days.

Tekken 7 is by far the healthiest FG on Steam now, followed by SFV.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Shy posted:

How's that Arika game gonna sell if it's three weeks before the release and no one knows about it outside this thread?

It looks jankier than even NRS games, not sure how it'd sell even if more people saw it.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

mr wizard is tweeting that its days are numbered if they keep wanting 3/5 for the top 64

https://twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1006594331308724224

Of course the smash community is dogpiling on him now.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Shy posted:

Oh why evo doesn't have kof anymore?

"We have to select games people actually play", direct quote from the lineup stream.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

That quote was about MvCI, but same probably applies to KoF14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

RBX posted:

What was the final verdict on USF4? I checked out around its release. I don't remember it getting creamed like SF5 is.

Elena ruined it, the last tournaments were just dogshit.