Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

genesplicer posted:

It boils down to "don't be a dick." And being racist is being a dick. I closed the other thread, because it had degenerated into a thinly-veiled "white people are superior to these silly Chinese" sort of thing. As long as you keep it civil and funny you are good to go. Use this thread to act in a way that Stormfront would approve of, and it will go the way of the other one (along with a few bans.)

/modrant

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

The survival of this forum is dependent on people growing up, not acting like lovely teens, so good on Genesplicer.

sincx posted:

Agreed. Let's not turn GBS into /pol on 4chan, which the last thread increasingly resembled.

There's a happy medium between the heavy-handed censorship of old GBS and a free-for-all.

this thread is funnier than the old one. lovin it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

Well the alternative is an environment that chases off people like Genesplicer himself, who is known for providing interesting and insightful content that people actually want to read.

he doesn't know what racism is and closed a thread due to that.

sincx posted:

So what was the purpose of the constant use of the word nong, even after repeated discussions of its appropriateness, when there are tons of other words that are better?

Ironic racism is still racism.

lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

just an fyi it's racism if i go "i bet my ethnically chinese but born and bred american coworker shits in the street and kicks open elevator doors and falls down them due to his race...it is inherent in his blood despite growing up in the same culture as me". maybe you guys should learn the meaning of words

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Fojar38 posted:

this wasn't happening

literally the thread was closed because the word "nong" was being used. it has been deemed racist for some reason

i know it's hilarious.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

c-circle the wagons, someone hurt my feelings by challenging my right to express my own self :qq:

you were wrong. you don't get to do this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

at least im not poor and another race, thinks man who has never cultivated a redeeming characteristic

the rich were mocked the most in the last thread. try again.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

I don't like when people use China's terribleness in any way to excuse america's shittyness (prisons, imperialism) or make weird comparisons between the two countries.

why do you keep up the lynching negroes poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I just sound angry and antagonistic in any post I make, really.
no wait poo poo i mean you are but glimpsing parts of my highly nuanced view of middle country
Arright, small words.

The Anglo-Saxon is already bastard enough that you have some leeway before you end up sounding moronic. Well, more moronic than English does anyhow. There is less in others, especially if they decline, where you have words changing depending on variety of factors or are tonal, as anyone with a stupid name (loving lunch round? seriously?) would tell you.

It's monoglot conceit and arrogance most of the time, where they smugly wonder why they don't 'do it the right way' which really just means 'do it like my language does it' and it's equally tiresome when it's the Anglos, the French or the Germans.

english is pretty lovely and illogical but at least it aint tonal and uses an alphabet.

legit question: how does chinese handle the scientific names for organisms? that periodic table poo poo was hilarious and i wanna hear more.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

nobody answered my question: how does chinese handle the scientific names of organisms?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it wasn't. scientific names are supposed to be universal and use latin/greek formulations so i was wondering how chinese got around it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like the dude getting a tad bothered i asked about how chinese did scientific names despite the fact in my original post i said english is lovely (it's just chinese is way shittier - if you use tones and never developed an alphabet you can't call any language poo poo).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah you don't get to do that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I mean you guys could just not quote me but here we are, as predicted.

it's 2016 and someone is employing puppet mastery.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

Yes making up your own insultimg racial jargon for foreigners then spamming it is a great idea and not at all racist or crazy

it's weird how everyone posting about racism doesn't know what racism is.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

if a word is only used in a derogatory way toward a single ethnicity by people who are not of that ethnicity

well by golly I think you found yourself an ethnic slur

edit: also, racism = prejudice + power

if i hate on american culture am i making GBS threads on all white people.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i didn't mean here, you just use it because you don't know tu quoque is a fallacy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

a lot of these arguments are reallllly played out so I probably won't argue in good faith heads up

they're played out because you are wrong. if you wanna be a brick wall you're gonna see people keep posting facts at you.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

logic is a loan word.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sincx posted:

I always thought that high heels are the modern version of foot binding. But according to women I talked to, apparently heels are like dress shirts for guys; it's rude to not wear them to any sort of formal or semi-formal occasion.

like elgroucho said it makes their legs look better (since the muscles tense) and makes their butt stick out. do you know what foot binding waS???

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

if you're someone who refers to americans as "yanks" you probably have far far far far far far fewer immigrants than we do.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he doesn't know his poo poo. virtually everything in the book is wrong.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shouldn't the ghost month be the 4th month. july isn't the fourth month even in their wrong calendar is it??

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

shouldn't october be the 8th month since it sounds like octopus

it was. the romans were really loving terrible at telling time and had to keep adding months. it's why two are named for romans.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

The Chinese stories about how they received the African exchange students are always good for a laugh, and tbh it hasn't really gotten better there at all.

i was pretty bummed when i found out the tiananmen square protests grew out of hatred of blacks.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

edit oh whoops this is kinda right

i wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanjing_anti-African_protests

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

fits my needs posted:

don't worry bro, trump is making sure the syrian refugees don't get to resettle in your state and steal your obese women

this is so dumb.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

we have labor day you morons.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

america has a labor day.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

are chinese women into negging?

(chinese student in cambridge, ma - i'm wearing american flag shorts in my profile pic)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Haier posted:

Are you a Chinese guy that is getting negged? He/she says "our flag," but is he/she talking about the US flag, or the Chinese flag? Or does this mean China owns the USA and now the US flag is also the Chinese flag?

an asian woman messaged me, i am obviously a tall white man.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they did fund the fiber thing and then verizon and comcast just rolled it into their profits and laid down loops of fiber that didn't connect to poo poo.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

Related, Chinese girls don't often like people to go down on them.

happens in america too. though that's probably more because women are surprised if a guy goes down on them first/at all rather than not actually liking it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

how come taiwan doesn't get the veto in the un when it was the victorious ally and not prc.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Modest Mao posted:

This is Taiwan's claim as well. It's obviously a completely distinct entity, but you were talking about treaties.

"Taiwan" (ROC) was in the UN and a perminent memeber of the security council until 1971. Its only veto was against the inclusion of Mongolia in the UN, because Taiwan claimed that Mongolia along with China belonged to it. lol

they're right about china at least.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

white americans are just the dumbest and we aint got the excuse the chinamen do.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

wow you sure showed them lol

they named their daughter james.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

does snakes mean dicks

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol i read about this but had no idea they were chinese. now it all makes sense.

Haier posted:

Edit: I'm talking she'd get off work at 18:30 and wait 40 minutes for a 1 minute bus ride.

no loving way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

*goes to see transformers five times*

• Locked thread