Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

El Burbo posted:

On the other hand

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Pavlov posted:

Ugh, could you all stop using this slur against my people

Hate to break it to you, but normies don't post in ADTRW outside of JoJo's/DBZ/Mecha threads.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
^^^ I don't think the posters here are ready to accept me as one of them yet.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

I just hope Rusian mans up in the real world and says he likes her outside of the game.

He sort of did, just not to Ako herself.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Davincie posted:

tbf her having an actual knife would make the whole club advisor thing significantly more awkward even if it would line up better with old japanese internet urban legends

For the uninitiated:

In 2002 a dude posted a thread on the Ragnarok Online 2chan board about how a girl he was friends with in the game had turned into a creepy online stalker. Dude asked another friend, nickname Ako (short for acolyte, her class in the game), to help convince the first girl she was being a creep. This not only doesn't work, it convinces her that Ako is a witch trying to tear them apart. It all culminates in the girl following the dude to an irl meeting with Ako, who she tries to stab with a knife before getting knocked out by OP. (I'm leaving a lot out, but whatever.)

The famous line is basically as it appears in the show: "Move, onii-chan! I can't kill her!". It's still a fairly common meme today, almost 15 years later. (It of course turned out to be fake but whatever.)

They made a song out of it too. This has been your worthless Japanese internet history lesson for today.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I have decided I prefer the stupid toy wand from than anime over the fake knife from the LN/Manga. It may be something done to tone down the violent imagery, but it's better at showing Ako's weird disconnect from reality and her inability to separate it from the in-game world.

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

El Burbo posted:

I have decided I prefer the stupid toy wand from than anime over the fake knife from the LN/Manga. It may be something done to tone down the violent imagery, but it's better at showing Ako's weird disconnect from reality and her inability to separate it from the in-game world.

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'm fine with the wand, I just wish they better her look from that picture.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

El Burbo posted:

it was a good fakeout when they showed the handle of the wand

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pavlov posted:

^^^ I don't think the posters here are ready to accept me as one of them yet.

you are a failtard

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

El Burbo posted:

I like that both exist, and it gives me confidence in the decision makers of this anime to deliver excellent adaptation changes.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

I like that both exist, and it gives me confidence in the decision makers of this anime to deliver excellent adaptation changes.

This is how I see it. It doesn't need to be a 1:1 adaption of the manga to be a good anime. Like the guy two posts above you said, the handle of the wand was a good fakeout. It works.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!
I want a spin-off where this whole thing goes full psycho-thriller.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I'm just going to come out and say it: stabbing people is wrong.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Well there goes my fantasy of her yandere tendencies to be the climax of the plot. Well I guess it'll be the "12 step program of being a functioning member of society" arc.

Valsu
Jan 2, 2006

a kitten posted:

But stabbing makes the sad go away. :c

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

a kitten posted:

:siren: NORMIE ALERT :siren:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't think we can universally say that stabbing is always wrong. That seems a bit extreme to me.

...what about surgeons?

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001

Clarste posted:

I don't think we can universally say that stabbing is always wrong. That seems a bit extreme to me.

...what about surgeons?

Don't forget vampire hunters

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Major Ricardo posted:

Don't forget vampire hunters

Oh, is SA letting in vampire racists, now? Not cool, man.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Go back to D&D, vampire lover!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

True

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
OK, so it seems like the nucleus of the major conflict/breakdown is probably going to be the President.

Sette is obviously pinkhair, so Schwein, Rusian, and Ako all have close RL friends in the game. I'm sure there will be some romcom stuff with Sette vs. Ako, but I'd be surprised to see it as the major focus, especially since there was already the Ako vs. Nekohime-Sensei battle

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Someone please photoshop Marvel War Machine being petted by Segawa

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010

:yeah:

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

its true

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Im the Nekohime fanclub guy, literally Cloud Strife

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The tale of Schwein's desperate attempt to live a double life of Normie and Not-Normie.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The story will be less about Ako going from not normie to normie and more about saving Schwein from her normieness.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
If this doesn't end like future diary I'll be very disappointed.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Need psycho thriller epi yesterday.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
having read the manga, schwein is super cool

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

z0glin Warchief posted:

For the uninitiated:

In 2002 a dude posted a thread on the Ragnarok Online 2chan board about how a girl he was friends with in the game had turned into a creepy online stalker. Dude asked another friend, nickname Ako (short for acolyte, her class in the game), to help convince the first girl she was being a creep. This not only doesn't work, it convinces her that Ako is a witch trying to tear them apart. It all culminates in the girl following the dude to an irl meeting with Ako, who she tries to stab with a knife before getting knocked out by OP. (I'm leaving a lot out, but whatever.)

The famous line is basically as it appears in the show: "Move, onii-chan! I can't kill her!". It's still a fairly common meme today, almost 15 years later. (It of course turned out to be fake but whatever.)

They made a song out of it too. This has been your worthless Japanese internet history lesson for today.

The fact that they made a lovely song about it makes me laugh like an idiot. Where can I read the full saga.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Ka0 posted:

The fact that they made a lovely song about it makes me laugh like an idiot. Where can I read the full saga.

Looks like someone translated the original article over here. (I misremembered some bits, oops.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I hate normies and love shiny people, I am down

same

• Locked thread