Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I always imagine every scene that takes place in-game as if it takes place inside Ragnarok Online and I was gravely disappointed by the final scene of the latest episode. Is she like standing right inside him or what? Because that'd be way funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Why does Pink hair suddenly like Rusian? Assuming she's the new character.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Light novel, duh.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think she always did, but her loyalty to Schwein came first. Hence why she was always trying to get the two of them to be friends, so she could hit that

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

Spoilers for future events that haven't happened yet she doesn't, she was just jealous that Schwein and the others were having fun secretly.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

El Burbo posted:

Spoilers for future events that haven't happened yet she doesn't, she was just jealous that Schwein and the others were having fun secretly.

Normies are the worst.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

epic ep

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
While I haven't watched this yet, I do appreciate the explanation of the 'onii-chan doite soitsu whatever' meme as I now understand what the heck they were referencing in this Etrian Odyssey song I heard like a decade ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM5MMqNgUzM (around 1:15) Boy, does my brain recall a wealth of useless information. I must not be a normie.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
This ep was really cute, I also like how they changed up the "walk in on the girl half naked" shtick by doubling up on it.

And Ako's mom's reactions when Nishimura/Rusian shows up were priceless.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The anime is moving at a really nice speed. They've basically adapted everything the manga has covered so far, so I have no idea what's gonna happen from now on...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

This episode was pretty great and informative. Next time I play an FPS i'll imagine all other players are normies.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

One thing they did cut was that, in addition to the shooter, they also played some sort of Monster Hunter MMO while trying to avoid Sette. It featured them getting owned by the starter monster, Master pay2win shenanigans, and also the teacher does this:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Letting Ako play an FPS seems like the worst idea.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ako's mom is hot. Seems like she might not be the best mother, though.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Who in their right mind would think "normalfags" would be a great interpretation.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

El Burbo posted:

The anime is moving at a really nice speed. They've basically adapted everything the manga has covered so far, so I have no idea what's gonna happen from now on...

They've pretty much wrapped up what I thought would be the central plot. This should be exciting.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ka0 posted:

Who in their right mind would think "normalfags" would be a great interpretation.

Despite the word itself being dumb, translating "riajuu" to normalfag isn't entirely contrived. Since "riajuu" itself is a phrase used on 2chan, translators went with the version of the phrase used on the english version of 2chan, AKA 4chan.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
4chan dogmatism.

Sometimes that meteor striking earth and wiping out humans doesn't seem like an undeserved decree.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

hell, call me crazy, but i dont think humans should be wiped out because 4chan is dumb

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Humans should be wiped out, but 4chan isn't why.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
No, we decided just this past week to save the humans.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

No, we decided just this past week to save the humans.

I believe in Anne from Management.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ako's upgrading from knife murderer to school shooter.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i do wish they kept the scene where akane reveals how much of a bro she is

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
basically part of akane wishes she could be as badass as takumi and ikoma

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Congratulations Netoge, that's the second best "guy walks in on a girl changing" joke in an anime. :golfclap:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

a kitten posted:

Congratulations Netoge, that's the second best "guy walks in on a girl changing" joke in an anime. :golfclap:

Now you need to tell us which one is first best.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

VostokProgram posted:

Haganai with Yukimura maybe? That scene lacked the immediate punch of this one, but the dialogue during/after it was great.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

VostokProgram posted:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh. This one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbubqHJpIcg&t=139s

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I'm getting the sense that this show is secretly designed to be a cautionary tale about the reluctance people have of seeking mental health treatment in contemporary japanese society.

I hope she gets her schizophrenia meds eventually.

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
i hope she continues to shoot normies in fps instead

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

a kitten posted:

Wait, are we calling this Netoge? I've been referring to it as Netoyome because Netoge just means online games.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pavlov posted:

I'm getting the sense that this show is secretly designed to be a cautionary tale about the reluctance people have of seeking mental health treatment in contemporary japanese society.

I hope she gets her schizophrenia meds eventually.

no gently caress off

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mordaedil posted:

Wait, are we calling this Netoge? I've been referring to it as Netoyome because Netoge just means online games.

netoge is what every english translation uses so i went with that

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mordaedil posted:

I just copied it from the thread title.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Netoyome would be the usual way to shorten the name of this show. As in: first two syllables each of two words in the title.

It's written like that: ネト嫁 (Neto in Katakana followed by the Kanji for Yome)

Lucy Heartfilia fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 7, 2016

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

That's the opposite of how telescopes work ffs

Edit: better explanation: Ako is so bad at games that she screwed her scope on backwards and was only able to kill the enemies through her incredibly accurate normie-sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

This ep was really cute, I also like how they changed up the "walk in on the girl half naked" shtick by doubling up on it.

And Ako's mom's reactions when Nishimura/Rusian shows up were priceless.

Their interaction seemed strange, was it basically "Oh thank god her online boyfriend is real, I hope she marry's him quickly!"?

• Locked thread