Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I love the fake show tunes and pop music so much. And Mikey's family. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I lost it at Ice T saying "A very special victim indeed" and the audience giving him an appreciative chuckle.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Helena Handbasket posted:

Help a clueless and shallow person out, was Lisa Kudrow in makeup to look older or is she lying about her age? Because it is very hard to believe that she is five to seven years older than Jane Krakowski and Tina Fey. (Edit: or maybe she's just not using all the Hollywood tricks to look super young - I feel bad because she's talented and lovely but she looks very different.)

In general she looks pretty good for her age. I think white trashing her up just made her look so much older.

The show tunes were amazing this season. I'm just sad we only heard Daddy's Boy and didn't see any more of the movie. The composer was beaten to death in jail.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I lost it at Ice T saying "A very special victim indeed" and the audience giving him an appreciative chuckle.

That whole scene was a great twist, I thought they were totally going with the realizes-what's-REALLY-important boring old cliche.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

"Hi, I'm Hillary Clinton and we're in an Ikea. My arm is numb! My bowels..."

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

It's been long enough since 30 Rock that I'd forgotten how much I enjoy Tina Fey's delivery. 'It's called compartmentalization, and it's healthy because I know the words to describe it."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like "No, Lance is a totally gay name" that was followed by being introduced to Mike's brother who "works out all the time with his roommate Lance".

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
The biggest stereotypical Italian family also just being tolerant and accepting immediately was entirely hilarious. Especially when Titus enraptured them by 'coming out' later that day.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Lisa Kudrow is so perfectly cast in this and Bojack Horseman. I wonder what Netflix show she'll steal next.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

i am the bird posted:

Lisa Kudrow is so perfectly cast in this and Bojack Horseman. I wonder what Netflix show she'll steal next.

I hear she's completely revelatory as Steel Serpent in Iron Fist.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What episode was the one that showed them in the bunker the longest?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I find that life is mostly grey areas, especially the places I can't reach with moisturizer

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Re: the Reverend lying about coming up with the "Buy the World a Coke" ad, I'm sad Mad Men isn't around to play with anymore of UKS's gags.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Re: the Reverend lying about coming up with the "Buy the World a Coke" ad, I'm sad Mad Men isn't around to play with anymore of UKS's gags.

Also, this was the best joke of the season. Closely followed by Tituss Burgess' delivery of the Christian summer camp gag.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I kind of want next season to have Christina Hendricks show up as the Reverands pre bunker wife. Actually, I want everyone from Mad Men to show up in UKS.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I kind of want next season to have Christina Hendricks show up as the Reverands pre bunker wife. Actually, I want everyone from Mad Men to show up in UKS.

There's a non-zero chance they're hoping to have her as his post-bunker fiancée.

Also, they have to do the Christmas episode with Lori-Ann coming to New York, right?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

There's a non-zero chance they're hoping to have her as his post-bunker fiancée.

Also, they have to do the Christmas episode with Lori-Ann coming to New York, right?

They should totally have Matthew Perry in that episode.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Man rewatching some episodes and there are a ton of Friends references (or else I hit every single Friends reference in the 3 random eps I watched) that is good foreshadowing.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Hahaha, I loved how they 'translated' David Cross' russian and australian in the subtitles

e: "Bill de Blasio Pledges to Ruin City"

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

RareAcumen posted:

What episode was the one that showed them in the bunker the longest?
the one where they go back to the bunker, duh

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Bits from Season 2 that completely made me lose it and literally LOL:
-Mikey's reveal of the beautiful woman he airbrushed on the back of his pickup
-Deirdre whenever her mask slips a little and we see how crazy she really is. Actually Deirdre in basically any scene.
-Kimmy: [makes karate noises / poses] Do soldiers do that? Titus: Based on my Fleet Week experiences... Sometimes.
-Lillian doing a reverse-Indian, shedding a tear about the gentrifier putting a can in the recycling bin.
-The "Bunny and Kitty" song and the post-credits Bunny & Kitty scene voiced by Will Arnett and Dean Winters.
- Kimmy saying Titus playing a Japanese woman is okay because "If Aisha Tyler can play a white women on Friends..."
-Kimmy to Titus: "What's wrong? What's right? What's just... eehhhhhh?"

Entropic fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 19, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

the one where they go back to the bunker, duh

which would be...? episode number...???

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
My favorite line all season has to be Gretchen's here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4s5LgdmjQ&t=89s

I lost count on how many times I watched that scene.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

RareAcumen posted:

which would be...? episode number...???
you'll figure it out

JT Smiley posted:

My favorite line all season has to be Gretchen's here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0i4s5LgdmjQ&t=89s

I lost count on how many times I watched that scene.
I can't wait to see The Cult of Gretchen next season.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 19, 2016

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Jesus Christ, Titus singing "It was a total bangfest" is going to be one of those gags where even if I simply think about it, I will burst out laughing for five minutes straight.

Much like the "Supplies" scene in UHF.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

They sure teased a lot of lesbian kisses this season.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Jesus Christ, Titus singing "It was a total bangfest" is going to be one of those gags where even if I simply think about it, I will burst out laughing for five minutes straight.

That line had me randomly bursting into laughter all day.
This show is so thick with amazing jokes. Is there a word for this evolution of television humour? I feel this is spoiling me for other older shows. Like how you can't watch campy 1950s sitcoms. Well, you can but you know what I mean. I feel Unbreakable and shows like it are really upping the game on what audiences expect from a comedy. I literally sometimes have to rewind it to watch a scene twice to catch all the jokes and even then.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

caligulamprey posted:

I laughed all the way through the credits and immediately rewound.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Lampsacus posted:

I literally sometimes have to rewind it to watch a scene twice to catch all the jokes and even then.

I just finished the last episode and feel the urge to watch the whole thing over again. Titus is such a joke machine that I probably missed half of his lines from laughing too hard.

It wasn't the best or most clever joke but this scene had me cracking up the hardest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FgYTdJg4AM

You better call Jennifer Love Hewitt and Phil Rizzuto because you owe a ghost MONEY!!!

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
Anna Camp's ability to look extremely happy and stressed simultaneously made her pretty perfect for her manic character

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
What were the lyrics to the Daddy's Boy song that ended with "Squish goes the irishman's skull!".

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
also loved the electric slide corn god song/dance

Helena Handbasket
Feb 11, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

What were the lyrics to the Daddy's Boy song that ended with "Squish goes the irishman's skull!".

WHAP goes the billy club, WHAP goes the billy club, SPLORCH goes the Irishman's skull! (Approximately.)

I know they attributed one of Titus's songs to Stephen Sondheim's Pinocchio but it actually sounded more like The Last Five Years to me - the one about "you cannot control me, Richard."

The recurrence of the strange old musicals was so wonderful - the point at which I completely fell for this show last season was when they cut to Robert Osborne's distress at "Daddy's Boy" being run on TCM again.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

i am the bird posted:

"Hi, I'm Hillary Clinton and we're in an Ikea. My arm is numb! My bowels..."

Yes, and...

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Tokelau All Star posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FgYTdJg4AM

You better call Jennifer Love Hewitt and Phil Rizzuto because you owe a ghost MONEY!!!

I'll be that guy and say I did not understand that joke at all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

They were the stars of Ghost Debt. Hewitt also had a cameo in Ghost Debt 2: Life After Debt.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

PantsBandit posted:

I don't know what Phil Rizzuto has to do with it but: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_Whisperer

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Jennifer Love Hewitt was the Ghost Whisperer.

Phil Rizzuto did commercials for the Money Store.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I have gone back and watched Titus's Trident Gum jingle like ten times now. Holy poo poo, between the writing and acting that is just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Angular Landbury posted:

I have gone back and watched Titus's Trident Gum jingle like ten times now. Holy poo poo, between the writing and acting that is just perfect.

Yea this is my favorite scene of the season. The absurdity of what he's saying (while it also being hilariously accurate), the reactions of the casting people, everything is just perfect.

• Locked thread