Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
If anyone didn't know, Ellie Kemper has a small, but noticeable supporting role in the Lego Batman movie. It's similar enough in personality to Kimmy that I recognised her voice instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I knew it was a voice I'd heard but was surprised it was her. (Though not that much since the movie has a lot of good comedy people in it.)

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

YAY!!!

https://twitter.com/KimmySchmidt/status/854733851125465088

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Yup, it's a miracle!

I'll have the season three thread up on May 12th!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How do they determine if a show is profitable on Netflix? Number of views? Number of new subscriptions that watch that series with in a month or two?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Requesting " Thumbs are for hitchhikers and playing Fonzie" as the thread title.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Solice Kirsk posted:

How do they determine if a show is profitable on Netflix? Number of views? Number of new subscriptions that watch that series with in a month or two?

Views plus new subscriptions. Like, I think they attributed more than seven million new subscriptions to the Gilmore Girls miniseries last year.

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 19, 2017

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Was that Xan she was talking to on the college campus?

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Timby posted:

Views plus new subscriptions. Like, I think they attributed more than seven million new subscriptions to the Gilmore Girls miniseries last year.

I was surprised that season two of UKS apparently had over six million viewers: http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/stranger-things-tv-ratings-netflix-most-watched-1201844081/

Spotted Josh Charles in the trailer so I'm excited.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Aww, Titus is the only one without a new hairdo. :(

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

swickles posted:

Was that Xan she was talking to on the college campus?

Pretty sure it was

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Heh, I bet they're visiting the same college in one episode (plus how old was Xan supposed to be in season 1? 15?)

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Shneak posted:

Aww, Titus is the only one without a new hairdo. :(

What you don't know is that Titus has had 4 new hairdos since we last saw him, so this one that you think is old is actually retro because 2016 nostalgia is very hot for the next 5 minutes. :colbert:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Gaz-L posted:

Heh, I bet they're visiting the same college in one episode (plus how old was Xan supposed to be in season 1? 15?)

They said that she didn't want to spend her senior year in Connecticut (I think), so it would make sense that she has graduated and is now college aged. That would make her 16-17 in season 1. If she was a sophomore and this is a visit, then 15-16.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Timby posted:

Views plus new subscriptions.

After a point, new subscribers has to stop being relevant, right? I assume there's some saturation point where they're unlikely to find *new* subscribers within a given demographic. It'd become more about retaining current ones and maximizing views? Or something?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Super excited to have Xan back :neckbeard:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Everybody's gay Kimmy, it's the 90's!"

:dance: Yay it's back!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Xealot posted:

After a point, new subscribers has to stop being relevant, right? I assume there's some saturation point where they're unlikely to find *new* subscribers within a given demographic. It'd become more about retaining current ones and maximizing views? Or something?

Welcome to late capitalism, friendo

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Welcome to late capitalism, friendo

I think anything post-Nielsen ratings counts as late capitalism. I don't know what we're in now, but I saw a video online where someone's job title was, "influencer."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Xealot posted:

Maybe I'm just weird, but I tend to subscribe to Netflix only when new stuff comes out and then cancel afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

One week until new episodes, new thread is here for season 3

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820164

• Locked thread